Chapter 7 - Freshly Mowed Grass

Listen to Your Heart

“So your name is Mi Na?”

“How old are you?”
“How come Inseok hyung never told us about you”
“Are you his girlfriend?”
“Do you want some tea?”

I was bombarded with questions as soon as I took my seat to where the guy with dark circles under his eyes, or is it Seungri he said his name was, led me to. Seungri and three other guys crowded me. I stared at them confusedly or should I say dreamily. I would be mad at Inseok for forgetting that he was supposed to be here to help me with this job thingy but I’ll let it slip.

Seungri took a chair and sat directly in front of me and the others did the same too. A guy with blonde hair placed a cup of tea in front of me. I said my thanks to him and he winked at me. Gyaaa~~ *faints*

“Guys, don’t crowd her. She needs air you know” someone tall said.
“She looks a bit faint” Blondie fanned me with the menu paper.

“Yah! What are you guys doing to Mi Na?” Inseok stomped in. All of them looked at him. I was expecting them to gather up but they just ignored him.

“So Mi Na, are you Inseok’s girlfriend?” Seungri asked, all of them still ignoring him
“No she isn’t” Inseok said.
“Are you single?” Blondie asked me.
“Yah! Don’t ignore me” Inseok whined.
“Hyung, don’t interfere” Seungri pushed Inseok away when he tried to get to me.
“Erm... actually” I raised my hand to show the ring on my finger.
“awww...” they all chorused.
“Hyuung~ you didn’t tell me that you’re married!” Seungri pouted.

Why do people always assume that Inseok is my husband @_@ I’m tired of explaining who’s who.

“Yah you paebae! She’s Jaejin’s wife”
“ahhh...” they all chorused again. Did they practice to be in synchronised?

“My apologies, milady” Seungri bowed.
“We should have given you better service”
“That was terrible of us to not know you were Jaejin-nim’s wife” Blondie said apologetically. What’s wrong with these people all of a sudden?

“Mi Na’s here to fill in the job vacancy. So everyone please welcome her. Mi Na-chi that’s Seungri, I’m sure you know him by now, this blonde guy here who looks like an English prince is Lee Honggi, that one with small eyes is Kang Minhyuk and that really tall guy is Shim Changmin” Inseok introduced.

“Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Kim Mi Na, please take care of me” I bowed. And after that, my life is a living hell with cute demons.

--

Prrannnggg!!

“Mi Na-chi! What did you beak again this time?”

--

BOK!!

“Arghh!! Hot! Hot! Hot!” Seungri ran the bathroom after Mi Na accidentally spilled hot ginger tea onto him

--

BAM!!

“Ouch! Why is the floor wet?” Minhyuk rubbed his bum.

“Mianhe. I was mopping the floor” Mi Na apologised.

“Didn’t you twist it to remove the excess water? Where is your ‘wet floor’ sign? Oww...”

--

“Miss! This is not my order. You’ve been giving me the wrong order two times already.””

“My apologies ma’am. She just started working today”

--

Prannnnkkk!!

“Mi Na-chi~!”

“Mianhe! Mianhe!”

--

Owie. My limbs hurt. My body feels tired. I feel as if my arms and legs are gonna fall off. I glanced at the clock. 5:30, 30 minutes more till closing time. Come on Mr. Clock, move faster!

Inseok came into the staff lounge and handed me a cup of hot cocoa. I never knew working could be this tough. Why oh why did my parents want me to be like Jaejin. I watched the steam danced around the rim of the cup and blew them away.

“How do you feel working on your first day?” Inseok beamed.
“Hell” I rolled my eyes.
“Well then, too bad. You’ll get the hang of it tomorrow” he chuckled.
“Mwo? Tomorrow? Just kill me” I let out a long exasperate sigh.
“It’s not that bad. Like someone would say, strength up your spirit, tough up your !” Inseok said with a serious face.
“Tough up your what?” I looked at Inseok, he winked at me to mean that part as a joke. I giggled, noticing that it rhymed too.
“Come on, it’s almost closing time. Seungri usually makes his infamous double delight white chocolate mocha frappuccino burst for us.” I stood up and followed Inseok out.

“Hmmm.... your drink is still as infamous as its taste as ever” Jaejin sipped a cup of what I think was Seungri’s infamous double delight white chocolate mocha frappuccino burst. Okay, that’s a mouthful =.=

“Yah~ you dare say that but as soon as you came, you asked for it” Seungri pouted while making more of his infamous err... drink. There were only a couple of old husband and wife left in the cafe because it is near closing time. I stared at them wondering if one day I’ll be sipping hot drinks with Jaejin in a cafe like those old couple. Nah, I shook my head, I still remember what Jaejin said to me on that day.

“Mi Na! Mi Na!” Jaejin waved his hand at my face. I glared at him, I still haven’t forgive him for putting me in this situation.

“Let’s go home now.” Jaejin stared at me.
“neh?” I looked at my workmates.
“It’s closing time already. Don’t worry, I didn’t forget your share of my FAMOUS double delight white chocolate mocha frappuccino burst” Seungri handed me a takeaway cup of the drink he made, emphasizing on the word famous.

“Oh. Kamsahamnida” I accepted it with grateful feeling and said my goodbyes to them.

Jaejin and I rode the bus since he didn’t use his car and he said riding the bus is more economical. What use is a car if you ride the bus? =.= wait, on second thought, I’d rather take the bus than sitting in a car with Jaejin as the driver.

I never took a bus before and when it stopped right before us only then I realised that a bus is very huge O_O Jaejin had to drag me into the bus as I questioned the safety of riding a bus. I mean, how do you manoeuvre a thing that big?!

“Are you sure it’s safe? Won’t it overturn when it makes an abrupt turn? And why does it make such sound?” Jaejin rolled his eyes at me, clearly annoyed. He sat on my left while I sat beside the window. When the bus started to move I yelped and held tight to Jaejin’s arm.

“You’re not gonna die just riding the bus you know or else there’ll be high rating for death in Korea” he smirked. I release his arm and pretended to rearrange my bangs, my cheeks feeling hot.

As the bus continued its course, I felt my eyelids getting heavy. My body swayed along with the bus. Left, right, stop, move, left, right, left and then at that moment I fell asleep with my head rested on Jaejin’s shoulder.

---

“Mi Na... we’re here” someone tapped my shoulder. I shifted my weight to the other side.

“Wake up Mi Na... or I’ll leave you behind.” I felt a gust of warm air tickling my ear as Jaejin blew my ear. I jolted right up and BANG! I hit Jaejin’s head.

“Aisshh...” Jaejin grunted and get off of the bus. I placed my hands both on my cheeks as I felt myself blush and quickly got off too. I keep my pace a few steps behind him as we walked on the street towards our apartment.

I could sense that Jaejin kept glancing back but I ignored it because I feel sleepy again. My eyelids are shutting again and my feet felt as if I was dragging them. Aigoo... I miss my bed so much. The soft fluffy pillows, spongy bouncy mattress, warm fuzzy blanket and my Bunni. I can’t wait to- BOK!

I hit Jaejin’s back and almost fell if it wasn’t for Jaejin holding me steady.

“Yah! Why did you stop so suddenly” I complained.
“Get up.” I widened my eyes to see clearly. Jaejin was crouching down.
“mwo?”
“You wanna be a potato sack again?”
“I can walk.”
“As if. You’re walking with your eyes closed. I pity the walls if you run into them.”
“Hmph!” I gave up and climbed Jaejin’s back. I don’t have any more energy to argue with him, I reasoned. We didn’t say a word to each other all the way home.

Jaejin’s back is surprisingly warm, I thought. Freshly mowed grasses, that was what I thought Jaejin smell like. So a guy smelled like, very soothing. I buried my face and let sleep engulf me.