Chapter 6 - Stalker

Listen to Your Heart

“Han Gajin!!”

Knock! Knock! Knock!

“Gajin!! Get your miserable out from there and go to school!” my mom knocked on the door again but more aggressive this time.

“Han Gajin!! Do you hear me young lady?!”

Knock! Knock! Knock! Knock! Knock!

Argh!! Just stop it already or my door will break. I sank deeper under my duvet of comfortness to block the sound. The world too, I hoped.

Bam!! The door to my room flew open. Crap. My mom pulled the blanket off me. I felt the cold morning air crawling on my exposed skin.

“YOU WILL GO TO SCHOOL TODAY YOUNG LADY AND I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING FROM YOU” she towered over me and hold me by the scruff of my neck like you’re holding a kitten or a puppy and shoved me to the bathroom. Some gentle mother you are =.=

“Eomeoni~” I whined.

“I want to see you fresh, clean and ready for school” and with that she trudged out of my room. Sigh, I did what I was told and start to take my clothes off.

After the shower I put on a grey baby tee and a black oversized hoodie with skinny jeans. I ran my fingers through my hair, not bothering to comb it since it was easy to manage my short ‘above the shoulder’ hair. Just the way I like it.

My school, St Mariette High School for girls, allow students to wear casual clothes unlike those posh schools that have their school uniform. Not to say that St. Mariette is a school for poor students but it’s just like that.

“Bye omma!” I yelled as I walked out from the house.

“Han Gajin!” sigh. I shuffled backwards and went into the house. Omma had her hands on her hips with a stern expression.

“Yea, eomeoni. I’ll eat my breakfast” I told her as I sat down. With a satisfied look, she continued preparing my lunchbox.

After eating my breakfast and an inspection from my mom, I could finally head off to school. The nearest bus stop to my house was only 5 minutes away and I arrived just in time before the bus leave.

I went to the seat at the furthest back when I boarded the bus. The ride usually takes around 30 minutes so I could catch some Zs before school and the seats at the back have the most comfortable seats.

The scenery blurred as I stare out of the window. I closed my eyes hoping that sleep would come to me but memories jumped into my mind. Painful memories. Of him. I tried to shake off the images but my effort was futile. In the end I gave up and instead of snoozing, I was reminiscing about him.

 

[Gajin’s flashback]

“Section C... Section C…” I looked for the sign 'Section C' in the public library. I need to borrow a book from there so that I could complete my homework and that particular book is the only book that I could find what I need.

“Ahh! There it is!” I exclaimed as I found the place and the book. As I reach for it, a hand snatched it.

“What the... Yah! That’s my book” I yelled at that person.

“Huh?” he turned to me. Okay, he’s one good looking guy but that doesn’t give him the right to take other people’s thing.

“I had it first” was all he said and turned. The nerve of that jerk.

“But I saw it first! I need it so that I could pass up my homework which is due by tomorrow” I pulled his hand.

“Well then too bad. The librarian said there’s only one copy left” he walked away. One copy left? Mrs. Lee will be so angry if I don’t pass my work. I’ve already delayed it for one week. I inhaled deeply before punching the guy and took the book from his hand.

“Ouch.. Yah! You little devil!” he called after me. I felt a force pushing me from behind and the next thing I know the book is no longer in my hand. Then I saw the jerk, with that book in his hand, stuck out his tongue at me. Oh if it a war you want then a war it will be. So, both of us were fighting over one book in the library. Yes, the library.

In the end, that jerk grabbed the book and ran to the check out counter. I felt like he just checked my name into the ‘students in trouble by Mrs. Lee for not passing up their homework’. I couldn’t do anything about since he won. I walked out from the library. At least I should keep my dignity.

“Yah! Yah! Babo!” someone called. I turned around. It’s that jerk again. He walked towards me and took out his phone.

“What’s your number?”

Mwo? My number? Fat chance I’m gonna give it to you jerk! I glared at him and stomped off. No way he’s hitting on me.

“Do you want this book or not?”

I glanced back at him. He had a smirk on his face.

“I might finish using this book around this afternoon and you could take it by then” think Gajin think! Do you want to save your pride or face the music?

“Fine. 010-xxxxxxx” I told him as he pressed the number.

“Name?” I stared at him.

“Should I call you ‘Babo yeoja’?”

“Gajin. Han Gajin”

“Mmmm… I’m Lee Jaejin. I’ll call you when I’m done” he introduced himself and walked off. I blinked, not really believing that he would do so because… why didn’t he say so earlier instead of picking a fight with me?!

But then, true to his words, Jaejin did call me that afternoon and gave me the book when we met in a café we agreed on. Not only that, he helped me with my homework. I managed to finish it with his help and pass it on time.

After that day we still contact each other. I found out that he wasn’t actually a jerk but a really nice guy. We became closer and been dating each other for a year until the day I found out that he betrayed me.

[End flashback]

Trickle of tears coursed down my cheeks. I wiped them away before anyone sees me. I will not think of that traitor again. I must forget. It’s no use keeping him in my heart. He has already forgotten about me that he married another girl so I should do the same too.

The bus stopped. I got off but this was the next stop after mine. Great, now I have to walk a few blocks to school. Thanks a lot Jaejin!

As I walked down the road, I felt someone watching me but when I stopped and looked behind me and around me, I saw no one suspicious except for the ordinary. Creepy. It’s been like that for almost three days. There’s always this feeling of someone watching me all the time.

After walking a few metres and I looked back. I saw one dude wearing a pair of sunglasses and a black tee that says ‘stalker’. I laugh mentally when I thought that he might be the one who’s been watching me, stalking me but would you be that obvious when you stalk someone? Maybe? I gulped at that possibility. To be suspicious so that people won’t suspect you. Okay, that kinda doesn’t make any sense.

I brushed off the thought of the ‘stalker’ guy stalking me. But when I walked into a quite deserted street and looked back, wala~ he’s still there! Gulp! This is getting creepy. Han Gajin, gwaenchanayo you can handle that guy.

I walked faster and almost break into a run when I heard a cellphone ring. Shocked by the loudness of the ringtone, I stepped on my foot the wrong way and... ouch! I fell onto the ground with a sprained ankle. Gosh Gajin, why did you pick this moment to be clumsy?

I took a peek at the ‘stalker’ talking on his cellphone. Damn, so it’s his cellphone? Oh dear, you’re dead meat now, he’s calling for backups and then I’ll get kidnap. They’ll demand a large sum of money from my parent and after getting the dough they’ll sell me to Thailand for double profit T^T

As he walked nearer I tried to get up but failed miserably. I thought of different self defence techniques that I’ve learned. Darn, why can’t I remember any?! Just use your fists Gajin!

“Miss, are you ok?” stalker guy asked. Huh? Is that how you approach your victim before you kidnap them because I’m sure that’s not how it goes.

But there Mr. Stalker stood in front of me and held out his hand with a concern look on his face. I took his hand in confusion.

“Can you walk?”

Now that the panic feeling has disappeared I could stand up properly and walk a little bit, wincing a little in the process. I nodded in reply.

“Please be careful” he smiled and walked away. So much for being my stalker. That was a painful and embarrassing encounter.

 

[Inseok POV]

I watched her stare off into distance from my seat. Her eyes were empty as if her soul is not there. After quite a while, she started crying. I feel for her. She must be thinking about Jaejin. Somehow I wanted to give her a hug and comfort her. She looked like her, I thought as I twist the ring on my necklace that was identical to the one I had on my finger. Jaejin, that little twerp, what have you got me into.

Her stop is here but she was still in her own world. I couldn’t tell her or else she’ll wonder how I knew her stop and then figure out that I was stalking her =.= Then she snapped out of it and wiped her tears away. She glanced around, which I’m sure she was thinking that no one was looking, and got off the next stop.

I waited long after she got down then I did the same too. It’s kind of exciting to be ‘stalking’ someone. So this is how it feels in those spy movies. Agent H is hot on the trail *cue spy music* target is now walking down the street. Still walking. She glanced back and is she eyeing me? Act normal Agent H, don’t let her be suspicious of you! Good thing I had my shades on so that she won’t know I’m looking at her.

Target is now walking faster, perhaps she is now late for school. Prepare to run after the target, Agent H.

♪♫ Bomb Bomb Bomb nareulbwabwa ye~ Bomb Bomb Bomb ddwieowolla ye~ ♪♫

Damn! That scared the crap out of me! I mean, that scared the crap out of Agent H. I looked at the caller ID and rolled my eyes. What in the blue world does he want?

IS: Yah! Seungri, what do you want?
SR: Hyung~! You didn’t even say hello.
IS: You didn’t too.
SR: that’s because hyung didn’t say hi at first.

All of a sudden, Gajin tripped. That’s one clumsy girl. The ground is flat and yet she managed to fall down. She’s not even wearing high heels.

IS: Yah! Stop your whining and spit it out you paebae.
SR: Hyung! It’s Seungri! Victory!
IS: ....
SR: hyung, do you know a girl named Mi Na?
IS: yea, waeyo?
SR: ermm... she’s here in the cafe and she’s looking for you. Who’s she hyung?

Wait... what’s she’s doing there? Darn! The part time job!

IS: ! Tell her to stay there and I’ll be right over. Oh, and Seungri?
SR: yeh?
IS: Don’t you even dare to touch her.

I ended the call and walked over to Gajin. Her ankle look a bit swollen and she couldn’t really manage to stand up.

“Miss, are you ok?” I offered her my hand which she took with a confuse expression. I wonder what she’s thinking right now. I walked up to her without thinking, does she have any suspicion on me?

“Can you walk?” she winced when she tried to walk but she nodded ok anyway. I wanted to help her walk to a nearby bench or something but who know what Seungri and the others will do to poor Mi Na.

“Please be careful” I smiled. Agent H will stop his mission here and carry out his other mission. I looked back to see Gajin staring at me. I waved at her, she’ll go through this heartache, I have a feeling she will.