I Do??

Listen to Your Heart

Step step step step step.....

Gosh why is it taking so long? I don’t remember omma’s room was this far in this hotel. Oh my freaking goat!!! Am I being kidnapped ‘willingly’ by Mrs Kim??!!! I started to panic and began walking at a different pace and direction in a zigzag pattern.

“Young mistress! Young mistress! Where are you going? Your mother’s room is this way” Mrs Kim called after me when she realised when I was no longer holding onto the ribbons of her dress.

Yeah right you old hag! I know your plan! No one kidnaps Kim Mi Na, the beautiful and priceless jewel of the Kim-ooof!! I landed onto my when I ran into someone. Of course I still had my blindfolds on and didn’t see where I was going.

“Master! Are you ok?” a hoarse voice asked. Huh? Who’s there? Where’s Mrs. Kim? Oh shot! So I am really being kidnap!! Wait.... who’s this ‘master’ person?

“Yes” the ‘master’ spoke up. His voice was mellow and sounded bored.

“Young mistress, what do you think you’re doing? Stop flailing your arms this instant. I’m very sorry Mr. Geom” the old hag, I mean Mrs. Kim, apologised to them as she placed her hand onto my hands to prevent me from removing my blindfold. She pulled me upwards so that I wouldn’t be sprawling on the floor any longer and ruined my dress. Then a few whispers are exchange before we go on to omma’s room. I heard a door creaked open and arms flew around me, squeezing the breath out of me.

“Oh my baby~ you’re getting married today. It seems like yesterday that you were still a little girl whining to your father so that he’ll buy you that little piano you like. Mi Na-chan, look at you! So stunningly beautiful. I never dreamt that the day you would wear your wedding gown will be this soon” omma gushed as soon as she removed the blindfold and pulled me towards a couch. Tears welled up in her chocolate brown eyes as she gazed into mine. My eyes were the same shade as hers instead of appa’s grey eyes.

“Oka-san, don’t worry. I’ll always be your baby girl only I’m getting married earlier than everyone else” I hugged my omma as I get misty eyed too. I rubbed my forehead against her shoulder like I used to, inhaling the sweet scent that only mothers have. I realize that simple gestures such as these I won't have the chance to do it often when I stay with my new family.

“Omo... omo... the bride shouldn’t cry. You’ll ruin the make-up. It’s a happy day” omma said in a hushed voice, dabbing her handkerchief at the corner of my eyes. “I’m sorry baby for putting you in an arranged marriage. I know it might seem selfish about the combined business but I don’t want my baby to experience hardship in the future” droplets of crystal tears streaked down omma’s face.

I took the handkerchief in her hands and wiped her tears away. “Daijoubu, oka-san. Wakarimaa” my lips curled into a sincere smile.

“Oh my Mina-chan is growing up already” omma sniffed “Mi Na-chan, we’re not in Japan anymore so it’s better if you start to get use to speaking hangul with omma” she smiled bitterly.

“yeah right oka—omma. You still added ‘chan’ to my name” I rolled my eyes at her which caused omma to chuckle at my childish attitude.

“Yeh.. yeh.. Seems like my baby is still a baby after all” omma pinched my nose.

There was a knock on the door. It was time.

----

The door of the church slowly opened as the soft melody from the organ played a wedding song. The bride and her father walked in step with the soothing music as a little girl and little boy began to sing.

'Flowers blossoming in spring takes away the bitter cold of the winter
A light breeze blows unexpected love our way
Birdsong draws us closer to each other
At this point I suddenly fall in love with you

Ding dong,
Listen to the church bells ring,
God and our friends will all be here to witness us get married
Men and women now should marry each other
Do not forget just how sacred marriage is
You will for better for worse be with him together
Love him, respect him, comfort him and protect him
A couple together creates a happy family, are you willing to do this?
Yes I do

Listen to me, let's hold hands, walk together, and create a happy life together
Yesterday was the past, tomorrow will be full of memories, marry me today
Marry me today, marry me today~
'

My dream of walking down the aisle towards my soon-to-be husband is finally fulfilled only I am walking towards a stranger who I’ll spend my LONG remaining life with. The song felt as if it was trying to convey a message to me. Unnie’s words still linger in my mind. Ottohke? Marriage is a sacred vow, so am I willing to do this? I gripped my appa’s arm tight nervously though a smile is plastered on my face to hide what I feel inside.

I looked around for familiar faces from Japan. There in the second row on the left Min Hee and Jungshin sat smiling at me. Min Hee winked and her cherry blossom pink lips curved into a mischievous grin followed by a jerk of the head toward the front at the altar where the groom is standing with his best man.

Here is the moment where I can finally see my husband’s face for the FIRST time. But he had his back towards me although I could see his best man is cute. He was smiling ear to ear as if he was the one who was getting married. A boy that cute? I wished he’s the groom. I sighed in my heart.

As I get nearer, Mr. Groom turned around. I stared at the back of his head as the hands of time ticked by slowly. I was stupefied. He was cuter than his best man. In his white tux he looked like a dashing prince. Why did I even wished for his best man? Dear Lord, I want to take back my wish.

Oh stop it Mi Na with your fanatic for cute guys, they’re both strangers. Yes, I should consider that. But they are cute strangers, kekekekeke~

The music stops and everyone was silent. My soon-to-be-wed husband stared at me weirdly, perhaps confused at why I am staring at him weirdly too. My heart skipped a beat and I felt myself turning red.

The priest cleared his throat and said a few words and prayers. Then it was time for exchanging our vows.

“Do you, Lee Jaejin, take Kim Mi Na as your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"

“I do” the man beside me answered without hesitation. So Jaejin is his name. I’ve learn three things about my husband. One, he’s 19 which is two years older than me. Two, he’s as rich as I am and we’re the next successor of our parents’ business. Three, his name is Lee Jaejin. Aren’t we so in love? Wait... his voice... Oh fish! It him, the one I ran into on my way to omma's room. I am so close to meeting him earlier T^T

"Do you, Kim Mi Na, take Lee Jaejin as your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"

Can I do this? Am I willing to chain myself in this vow? Everyone has a chance with love unnie said. Should I stop this wedding and get married with someone I love in the future? Or should I plant a seed of hope that feelings might blossom in this marriage?

I took a deep breath after contemplating the choices I have to make. I could feel everyone’s stare on me.

“I.....”

All of the sudden, the door of the church banged open and a girl marched in. Anger emanated from her being and with a clear voice full of malice she shouted

“I OBJECT!!”