My Painful Past

Still A Family♥

Jessica's POV:

Being the only child in this house is the worst. Everyday, i feel so lonely, i have to do everything by myself. Even my aunt and uncle always goes home late and there's no maid in the house. So basically, i'm the one who cleans the house, cooks for the house, washes all the clothes and everything. But i have to keep this up, no matter how painful it is, not doing all this just makes me remember about my horrible past.

-Flashback-

11 years ago

"Eomma! Appa" i screamed as I was running towards them in panic, carrying my baby sister in my arms.

"Don't come any closer my daughters! We don't want you to get hurt." eomma said. 

"But why eomma? If both of you don't come out of there, you guys will lose your lives!" i screamed while staring at the raging flames surrounding the house.

"Just go! Run away before both of you gets hurt! And please promise to take care of your little sister when we're gone. Araso?" appa told me.

I bursted into tears, "I promise! I love you eomma and appa!" Then i ran out of the house, with more tears flowing out of my eyes. It was the last day for me to see my wonderful and loving parents, and i didn't have a chance to give them one last hug. I placed my baby sister that i was carrying onto the ground and ran to the nearest payphone, which was a mile from here. I decided to leave my little sister for a while.

"Yobseyo?" a woman answered. It was my aunt.

"Yobseyo? T-this is Jessica. M-my parents, they're... d-dead. And now, i'm only with my little sister..."

"Jessica? How did that happen? I'm going to pick you up as soon as possible Jessica. Don't worry. Stop crying now."

"Araso, i'll be right in front of my house." i said while sobbing.

When i arrived back in front of my house, my little sister was gone! She's not in the place where i left her! I started crying again. Just then, my aunt came. She saw me crying and asked what happened.

"Hey, where's your little sister Jessica?" she asked.

"S-she's gone... I left her for a while to call you, but when i got back, she's already gone..." 

My little sister, she's gone and i don't even know her really well. I don't even know her name! And now, i don't have a chance to get to know her because she's gone, and probably forever. It's not possible to search for her since nobody even knows her name. Even my parents, they had never decided on a name for her.

"Shhh... Gwaenchana, i'm sure we can find her."

"But it's impossible aunty! It's impossible to find her! Nobody knows her name! Even eomma and appa!"

My aunt let out a sigh,"Jessica, come on, let's go to my house first. I'll ask the police from your neighbourhood to find her okay? Everything will be fine."

What can I do? I had to follow my aunt. I'm such a useless sister, I lost my own little sister. A girl like her deserves much better! She doesn't deserve a useless sister like me! Everything is all my fault. I wish i can do something, but i can't. I just can't.

-End of flashback-

Since then, I lived at my aunt's house. I wasn't as happy as when i lived with my parents though. I wish i could just go back to the past and change everything. This would never have happened if i wasn't such a useless girl. Mianhae eomma, appa. I promise i'll be a better person, even though i broke your promise of taking care of my little sister, i hope you still love me, and i know you're still taking care of me from up there. 

 

* * *

So I hope this chapter isn't too confusing! x_x Also telling you guys that there will be the romantic parts too so that this fic wouldn't be too boring! <3 Pls wait for the next chap! >< Thankies! ^^