Arrest

Hello Baby - 15 Years Later

 

“I’ve got your girl. Just saying~” Then, the line went dead.

San was confused and annoyed at the same time. What does he mean? My girl? Dayoung?!

“Tae Hwan, could you check our headquarters? Something is amiss.”

“Sure, boss.”

After ten nerve-wrecking minutes, there was a returned call.

“Boss! Dayoung is gone, and they left a note. I’ll send you a picture right now.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

San,

I’ve got your precious girl.

If you don’t hand over your gang, be prepared to see her mutilated body.

In account of our 3 years of friendship, I’ll give you a deadline of 3 days.

If I don’t get a reply by then, be prepared to wave her goodbye.

T.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With gritted teeth and anger flashing in his eyes, he kicked a nearby tree. Damn, Why did I leave her alone like that. If she gets killed too, I’ll never forgive myself. I’ll give up my gang, anything, for her safety.

“Taek. Don’t try to do anything funny, and don’t do anything to her. If you touch a single strand of her hair, be prepared to regret being born.”

“Threatening me? I don’t think you’re in the position to do so. So, are you going to hand over your gang, or not?”

“Yes, I will. Meet me at the usual place, 6.00pm today. Come alone, with Dayoung.”

“You realize the irony don’t you? Come alone and with Dayoung. Hahaha. See you there. Beep.”

The phone line went dead once more. San grabbed his hair in frustration. What am I going to do now? If I comply, five years of efforts would go to a complete waste. I have to do something about this.

“Tae Hwan, gather up all our men. Head to Myeongdong immediately. We have to save Dayoung. Do whatever you need, but don’t be seen by any of Taek’s man, or Taek himself.”

He could sense the anxiety in his men’s voice as well, when he picked up the phone. They treated Dayoung like their own sister, and none of them would want her hurt. They swore to protect her with their lives, now, it was the time to test their loyalty.

 

At the usual place, Taek grabbed Dayoung forcefully and pushed her onto the ground. Although it hurt him on the inside, he had to continue showing his cold personality. Dayoung flinched in pain, and shot daggers at him through her eyes. was once again clogged by the cloth.

He looked over to see San’s reaction, and despite his seemingly unconcerned self, he could see the second of anger and hurt that flashed through his eyes.

“I’ll hand them over to you, as soon as I get her.”

Dayoung’s eyes watered, as she tried her best to scream no, but to no avail.

“Good. Obedient, as always.” Taek held up one finger, as a signal to his men he had prepared to grab her right before she reached San’s arms. Dayoung would be his again.

San noticed this, and stiffened. Running up to grab her, he ran as fast as he could, with his men fighting Taek’s at the scene. He gave a silent prayer for the safety of his men and carried Dayoung to a bush relatively far away. He untied her and removed the gag.

“Stay here. Taek is temporarily stopped, but he might come to look for you. I’ll be back.”

He ran back to the scene without looking back, leaving Dayoung in tears.

“Oppa, that’s a promise. Please come back safe.” She knew that the fight would be dangerous and risky, but she had faith in Kyungsan.”

 

Kyungsan took down the last of Taek’s men, before facing Taek himself.

“This is the last straw. Kidnapping Dayoung? You must have lost your mind at last.”

With two swift actions, Taek was kneeling to him on the floor.

“Hyung, I’m sorry.”

“Apologies have stopped working 10 years ago, remember that.”

Taek winced as the very words he used back then were used against him.

 

With the same thick rope he had used to tie Dayoung up, he was tied up. Leaving Taek’s men utterly destroyed on the ground and his own men already back at the headquarters, he fled.

Soon, sirens were heard, and Taek was arrested by the police.

 

San ran as fast as he could, back to where he last left Dayoung. But she wasn’t there.

 

Author's Note:

Please comment and subscribe ^^ Silent readers are not appreciated :P  Aww, no more comments? ):

Oh, Check out my other story too ^^ Past, Present, Future