A Greasy Heart For You

12 Days of Little Infinite's Christmas

It’s been 3 days since Woohyun has seen his neighbor and favorite hyung Sunggyu. 3 days since he has heard the other keep coughing through his window which was right next to the elder’s. Their neighborhood’s streets were perfectly covered with snow right now and Woohyun really wanted to play in it with his hyung  and since he hasn’t heard Sunggyu cough since last night he figures that maybe it’s okay for him to go outside now.

“Good morning Mrs. Kim,” Woohyun greeted with a small bow when Sunggyu’s mother opened the door for him with a smile. “Can Gyu-hyung come out and play?”

“I’m sorry dear,” Mrs. Kim started as she ushered Woohyun inside out of the cold. “But Sunggyu is just getting well so he still can’t play outside.”

“Oh,” Woohyun said with complete disappointment as he played with his scarf.

“But you could visit him instead,” Mrs. Kim said with a smile.

“Really?” Woohyun asked with glee as Mrs. Kim nodded then the 6-year-old rushed up the stairs into his hyung’s room. “Gyu-hyung!”

“Hyunnie?” a small voice asked from the bed which Woohyun quickly rushed to.

“How are you doing Gyu-hyung?”

“Better,” Sunggyu smiled. “I just need a little more time to get well.”

“Okay…” Woohyun said unsurely. He really wanted his hyung well again and not sick in bed, after looking at his hyung he suddenly got a great idea. “I know! I’ll help you get well!”

“How Hyunnie?”

"I’m not Hyunnie now," Woohyun coughed trying to make his voice deeper. "I am Dr. Woohyun and I promise I will make you better with my doctor powers."

"How Dr. Woohyunnie?" Sunggyu asked although he stiffled a laugh due to Woohyun's weird voice.

"Let's see," Woohyun mused as he suddenly placed a hand on top of the other’s right side chest."You have heartoritis hyung."

"What??" Sunggyu said seriously confused by his friend's big words cause all his mom said is that he has a cold.

"You have no heart hyung," Woohyun simply said.

"I don't?"

“Yup,” Woohyun stated as he was so sure, he then grabbed Sunggyu’s hand and placed it atop the left side of his chest. “See, mine has this ‘doki doki’ thing while you don’t.”

“What do we do Doctor?” Sunggyu said as he felt his chest’s right side really didn’t have the ‘doki doki’ thing.

"I’ll find it for you hyung," Woohyun smiled as he began to search around his room.

“I’ll help,” Sunggyu said but was stopped by the younger.

“No hyung,” Woohyun smiled as he tucked his hyung in. “Leave this to Dr. Woohyun.”

Woohyun then continued his search for Sunggyu’s apparently lost heart. He looked inside all the drawers and closets, atop the shelves, inside his bookcase and school bag and even under his bed but his heart was nowhere to be found. Woohyun eventually got tired and laid down on the floor very frustrated with himself, his hyung will never be better like this, but where is Sunggyu’s heart??

Just as he was about to cry in anger did he see at the top of the highest shelf that 3x as tall as him was a brown teddy bear holding a big red heart.

“AHA!” Woohyun cried startling Sunggyu. “I found your heart hyung!”

He then got Sunggyu’s study table’s chair and quickly got on top of it to reach for the teddy bear with a heart.

“Hyunnie get down from there!” Sunggyu said in a bit of a panic as Woohyun was on his tiptoes on the chair. “That’s dangerous!”

“I’ll be fine hyung,” Woohyun said. “Just a little more and I’ll have your heart- AH!”

“HYUNNIE!!” Sunggyu cried as he got out of bed and rushed to Woohyun who luckily landed on Sunggyu’s collection of toy plushies. “Hyunnie!! Are you okay!?”

“I’m fine hyung,” Woohyun smiled and Sunggyu quickly hugged him just as his mom entered the room.

“What happened?” Mrs. Kim asked in panic. “I heard the two of you scream.”

“I was reaching Gyu-hyung’s heart Mrs. Kim,” Woohyun explained as he pointed at the teddy bear. “But then I fell.”

“Oh god dear are you okay?” Mrs. Kim asked as he checked Woohyun for bruises or scratches.

“I’m fine,” Woohyun said then placed his hand on Sunggyu’s chest’s right side. “But hyung still has no heart, he’ll never get well like this.”

“Oh honey,” Mrs. Kim smiled at their innocence. “Sunggyu has no heart because… his heart is with you.”

“Really??”

“Yup,” Mrs. Kim Smiled.

“How do I give it back?” Woohyun asked and Mrs. Kim thought about it for a while before answering.

“You have to make a heart out of your hands first,” Mrs. Kim said as she showed them how to do it. “Then put all your love into that heart before you throw it to that person.”

“Like this?” Woohyun said as he made a heart then threw it to Sunggyu before making hundreds more.

“That’s enough dear,” Mrs. Kim laughed.

“But I’m giving Gyu-hyung ALL my love.”

“But look,” Mrs. Kim stated as she took Woohyun’s hand and placed it atop Sunggyu’s chest’s left side.

“It’s going doki doki!” Woohyun said happily as he hugged Sunggyu. “Now you’re all well hyung.”

“And you can start playing outside again tomorrow Woohyun,” Mrs. Kim smiled. “Sunggyu needs one more good sleep before he can go outside.”

“Okay then Mrs. Kim,” Woohyun smiled as Sunggyu’s mother left the two of them again then he turned to Sunggyu looking unsure. “Gyu-hyung, please don’t be mad at me.”

“Why would I be mad at you?”

“Cause I lied,” Woohyun confessed. “I didn’t give you back your heart.”

“Huh?”

“I gave you my heart instead,” Woohyun admitted.

“Then it’s fine Hyunnie,” Sunggyu smiled as he patted the other’s head making Woohyun smile too. “It’s only fair since you have mine."

 


 

The cheesiness that is this oneshot makes me want to die XD