Thank You

12 Days of Little Infinite's Christmas

 

Daddy hurry!!” a little 7-year-old Sungjong cried from his little car seat. “We’re gonna be late!”

“Calm down Sungjong,” his dad said with a laugh as he parked their car. “We’re here already and it’s still pretty early, we have at least 30 minutes before the game starts.”

“But I wanna see Howonnie-hyung before it starts,” Sungjong said as his father helped him out of his car seat.

“Ok ok,” Mr. Lee laughed. “Now let’s go find Howon and his dad.”

“Let’s go!” Sungjong cried happily as he led the way to the soccer field to look for his favorite hyung.

Once they made it to the field Sungjong instantly searched for his hyung but being 7 at this time also meant the he was a little boy who couldn’t see past the grown-ups’ leg there and eventually his father had to carry him on his shoulder for the young lad to see.

“There he is daddy!” Sungjong cried as he spotted Howon’s purple spikes. “Let’s go daddy! Forward~”

“Hold on then,” Mr. Lee said as he walked through the crowd of bustling parents and their kids towards Howon and his own dad.

“Howonnie-hyung!” Sungjong exclaimed happily as his father set him down to the ground before chatting with Howon’s dad.

“Hi Jongie!” Howon greeted him just as happily before Sungjong enveloped him in a hug which he naturally returned.

“You look really cool today hyung,” Sungjong said when he let go of the hug.

“My dad bought me new purple spikes to help me in today’s game,” Howon said as he proudly showed his new shoes.

“So cool hyung,” Sungjong said in awe.

“Of course,” Howon said. “It’s all so we could win this game.”

“I just know you’re gonna win hyung,” Sungjong said happily.

“You see Howon,” Howon’s dad suddenly interrupted. “I told you don’t need to be worried, even Sungjong believes in you.”

“Oh,” Sungjong’s dad with a teasing smirk. “Our little star player is nervous?”

“It’s the last game for this year before the snow falls uncle,” Howon explained. “So I really want us to win.”

“I’m sure you will,” Sungjong’s dad smiled. “But for you to be reassured my son said he will cheer the4 loudest for you, right Jongie?”

“Yup,” Sungjong said with an eye smile and then he faced his hyung before taking in a deep breath and then yelling: “Howon-hyung! FIGHTING!”

“Thanks Jongie,” Howon smiled as he ruffled the younger’s hair. “Coach is calling for us, I better hear your cheer the loudest Jongie!”

“Let’s go find a seat with a nice view of the field son,” Sungjong dad said as the three of them looked for a nice place to sit.

A few minutes later and the game started and Sungjong really was the loudest of all the people to cheer. His father tried to lower his tone though in fear that his son might lose his voice but Sungjong would not comply and keep on shouting ‘Howonnie-hyung! Fighting!’ in the crowd.

An hour passed and the score was 2-2 but unfortunately the inevitable in any contact sports happen, someone gets hurt and in this game that someone is Howon making Sungjong quickly rush to his side.

“Howon-hyung!”Sungjong cried when he along with their dads get to the team’s benches. “Howonnie-hyung are you okay?? Did you get hurt really badly?”

“I just got hit by the ball,” Howon said as his coach checked his body for scratches and tested his head for a concussion.

“Well you don’t have a concussion or any bruises,” His coach finally decided. “But it’s up to your dad if he’ll let you keep playing or not.”

“Dad please?” Howon practically begged, they were so close to winning he can’t back out now.

“Are you sure you still want to play?” Howon’s dad asked and his son eagerly nodded. “Well if you’re sure then go and beat them Howon.”

“Thanks that,” Howon smiled as he and the rest of the team started to make their way back to the field only for him to be stopped by Sungjong.

“Howonnie-hyung!!” Sungjong cried as he ran towards his hyung and then glomped him in a hug. “For good luck.”

“Thanks Jongie,” Howon smiled as he hugged the younger back when he let go though he received another surprise from Sungjong but this time in the form of a kiss on the cheek.

“For energy hyung,” Sungjong smiled before he went back to the benches.

The game started again and Howon felt the power of Sungjong’s sweet little kiss as he rushed through the field while kicking the ball nearing the opponent’s goal. He kicked. The ball flew. GOAL! Howon just kicked the winning goal for their team and then the timer went off signaling the end of the game.

“HOWONNIE-HYUNG!!” Sungjong cried happily as he rushed to his hyung and again crashed to him with a hug. “You won hyung you won!”

“I know!” Howon said happily as he can’t believe he kicked the winning goal. “We won!”

“Howon I am so proud of you!” his father cried as he carried his son proudly and everyone began to cheer.

“Thanks for still letting me play dad,” Howon said through the cheers.

“I knew you could still go on and play,” Howon’s dad smiled.

“Can you put me down now dad?” Howon asked. “They’re still someone I need to thank.”

As soon as Howon was on the ground he was congratulated by his team mates and coach but he was looking for a particular face and soon enough he found Sungjong pretty face outside the crowd with his dad.

“Jongie,” Howon called as he approached.

“Howonnie-hyung,” Sungjong smiled. “Is there something wrong? Why did you leave the crowd?”

“To thank you,” Howon smiled. “If it weren’t for your cheering and being here I wouldn’t have done my best today.”

“It’s no big deal hyung,” Sungjong replied a bit embarrassed. “It’s the least I can do for you for always taking care of me and stuff.”

“Still, thank you Jongie,” Howon repeated as he ruffled the younger’s hair. “Oh yeah, there is another reason we won today, that little kiss gave me more energy than I need earlier.”

“I told it’ll give you energy,” Sungjong smiled. “From now on I’m gonna give you extra energy in every game you’ll have hyung!”

“I’ll be looking forward to it then.”



 

 

this took a different turn from the winter theme XD but Howon's game is before the winter break so it's still wintery XD

Christmas break officially starts today YAY!! [actually I still have one class tomorrow but like hell I'm gonna attend just one class for the whole day =P *do not imitate me I am a horrible student XD*]

hope I can actually write some chapters for my fics in this short 10 days break ^^