Protecting You

12 Days of Little Infinite's Christmas

Jang Dongwoo has known Lee Sungjong ever since... well ever since the 9-year-old could remember honestly. Even though Sungjong is just 7 the two of them clicked since the first time they met. Even though the two of them are in different grades he and Dongwoo would spend their lunch together. Even though Dongwoo has dance class every Thursday Sungjong would wait for him so that they could go home together and Dongwoo would wait for Sungjong's piano lessons to finish every Friday.

Basically the two of them have this perfect hyung-dongsaeng relationship.

"Hyuuuungie!!" Sungjong cried as he ran towards his hyung, who was waiting for him by the park, as fast as his little legs can take him. "Dongwoo-hyung!!!"

"Jongie!!" Dongwoo waved happily to his friend.

“I’m sorry I’m late hyung,” Sungjong said in between breaths. “I didn’t wake up early. Did you wait long?”

“Nah,” Dongwoo lied as to not to worry his friend.

“Liar,” Sungjong stated, Dongwoo should have known better than to lie to Sungjong cause the younger could always tell if he’s saying the truth or not. “It’s really cold now hyung, you could get sick if yous stay out here long.”

“I wasn’t out here long Jongie,” Dongwoo said as he ruffled the younger’s hair. “Besides, it’s not snowing yet so I’m not that cold.”

“Then why are your hands red?”

“Uh…”

“I told you not to lie hyungie,” Sungjong said as he grabbed the elder’s hands and then blew his warm breath to them, he then took off one of his mittens and wore it on one of Dongwoo’s hands. “It’s my fault your hands got cold so I’ll make them warm again.”

“What about your other hand?” Dongwoo asked.

“We do this,” Sungjong smiled as he interlaced his unmittened hand with Dongwoo’s. “Now bot of our hands will be warm.”

Dongwoo smiled as he held Sungjong’s hand. “Now let’s go before the morning bell rings.”

“W-wait hyung!” Sungjong cried as the two of them ran hand in hand but he tried hard to keep up with his shorter legs. “I might trip-”

Too late cause Sungjong already tripped on a small pebble before finishing his sentence causing him to have a small scratch on his knee.

"Jongie!!" Dongwoo cried as he helped Sungjong sit straight and check his wound. "I'm so sorry Jongie, I should have known better than to run suddenly! Are you hurt anywhere else??"

"Just on my knee," Sungjong winced a little as he felt the sting on the bleeding scratch that he has.

"We have to clean that and treat it," Dongwoo said as he got a bottle of water out of his bag then slowly poured it on Sungjong's knee before placing a Pororo band-aid on it. "There good as new."

"Thanks Dongie-hyung," Sungjong smiled.

"I really am sorry Sungjongie," Dongwoo repeated.

"It's fine Dongie-hyung," Sungjong replied. "I'm sorry I'm slow."

"Don't be sorry about that Jongie," Dongwoo said before he turned his back to Sungjong. "Get on, I'll piggyback you to school so your knee won't bleed or something while walking."

"I can walk fine hyung-"

"No," Dongwoo said with finality. "It's either I piggyback you or I stay here on this spot until you do."

"Fine," Sungjong laughed as he climbed his hyung's back cause he knew perfectly well how stubborn Dongwoo is so he might just stay here on this spot until who knows when.

"Now we go!" Dongwoo said cheerfully as he began to walk.

"I wish my legs were longer so I could have kept up with you hyung," Sungjong said.

"You're just small now that's why you're legs are still short, you'll grow soon enough," Dongwoo replied.

"Will I ever be taller than you hyung?"

"I don't think so Jongie," Dongwoo smiled. "It'll be weird if you get taller than me, besides if you get taller it'll be weird giving you piggycack rides."

 “I’d still like to be taller than you though,” Sungjong said. “Even if you’ll stop giving me piggyback rides.”

“How come you want to be taller than me so badly?” Dongwoo pouted.

“If I’m taller than you,” Sungjong started. “Then I could be the one giving you piggyback rides.”

Dongwoo became silent for a few seconds as he contemplated the younger’s words but he only smiled playfully as he stated “I won’t let you though.”

“Why not??”

“Because I’m your hyung,” Dongwoo said as if it was the most obvious thing in the whole world. “And as your hyung I don’t ever want you to be burdened or be tired especially if it’s because of me.”

“But what about you hyung?” Sungjong asked. “Aren’t you tired carrying me around??”

“I can’t feel tired if I like what I’m doing Jongie.”

“Then I won’t be tired too if I give you a piggyback ride Dongie-hyung,” Sungjong pouted as he could not see the difference.

“Still no,” Dongwoo stated and he laughed when he heard the younger whine. “Which is why you can’t get taller than me Jongie baby~”

"But what if I do get taller than hyung?" Sungjong asked. "You'll still give me piggyback rides even if I'm taller right hyungie?"

"Maybe~" Dongwoo teased as he found it funny how Sungjong was protesting about how he should be the one to give Dongwoo piggybacks in the future.

"Hyung~~" Sungjong whined. "If you won't give me piggyback rides then I'll just jump on you and force you!"

“Whatever happened to you being the one to give me piggyback rides?” Dongwoo asked.

“I like it the other way around more,” Sungjong smiled as he nuzzled his face to Dongwoo’s nape. “I’ll just find some other way to take care of you as how you take care of me.”

“You could just stay by my side forever you know,” Dongwoo suggested.

“Oh I will,” Sungjong replied. “I’ll be beside you and making you give me piggyback rides wherever we go.”

Dongwoo just laughed at the younger’s sudden change of intentions but he knew perfectly well that he doesn't need to be forced to do that, he'll still be giving Sungjong piggyback rides - or anything he wants that he could give - even when they're really old.

 


 

I still can't reply to comments right now... BUT I'VE READ THEM ALL and I thank you for your lovely messages you dear readers~

I shall reply to them one by one when I get home ^^