A Day Spent With You

12 Days of Little Infinite's Christmas

Gyu-hyung!!!” a small 7-year-old boy with bouncy brown hair cried as he rushed from his mom towards the swings where a certain 9-year-old Kim Sunggyu was playing and waiting for him.

“Jongie!!” Sunggyu smiled as he met the boy half way but he was suddenly tackled into a hug making them fall into the ground’s snow.

“I missed you hyung,” Sungjong laughed as he got up from his hyung.

“I missed you too Jongie,” Sunggyu smiled as he also got up and ruffled the snow away from the younger’s hair. “How was Gwangju?”

“It was really pretty there hyung,” Sungjong explained happily. “Grandma has lots and lots of fruits there and I got to help her make pies! Next year you have to come with us hyung, grandma says she wants to meet you.”

“I’d like to meet her too.”

“Oh yeah!” Sungjong suddenly said as he pulled Sunggyu towards his parents and then got something out of his mom’s bag. “Here hyung, I made you apple pie!”

“Thank you Jongie,” Sunggyu smiled as he gratefully accepted the pie.

“Let me hold onto that Sunggyu while the two of you play,” Mrs. Lee smiled and Sunggyu happily obliged.

“Let’s go play Jongie!”  Sunggyu said happily and Sungjong enthusiastically followed him to the jungle gym.

“What should we play hyung?” Sungjong asked.

“We should play…” Sunggyu mused as he looked around his surroundings then he found a long stick nearby giving him an idea. "The game my sister made me play yesterday!"

"Yay!" Sungjong cried in happiness but then stopped as he had no clue what the elder was talking about. "What game?"

"It's a game with a prince and a princess and a dragon and a sword!" Sunngyu explained as he remembered how awesome he felt when his noona made him the prince that would save her from the dragon.

"But we don't have a sword or dragon hyung," Sungjong inquired.

"This," Sunggyu started as he grabbed the stick. "Would be my sword and we could imagine that the jungle gym is a dragon."

"What about the princess? We're both boys hyung."

"You'll be the princess Jongie," Sunggyu smiled. "You're prettier than any girl I know Jongie, and I'd love to save you."

"Really hyung? You would?" Sungjong asked happily as Sunggyu nodded with a smile.

"Yup," Sunggyu said proudly. "I'll be your knight in shiny armor."

"Then please save me from this dragon my knight," Sungjong smiled as he entered the jungle gym- I mean dragon's lair.

"Release my princess you evil dragon!" Sunggyu cried as he pinted his stick sword towards the jungle gym dragon.

"Rawr!!" Sungjong cried having fun pretending to be the dragon and princess at the same time. "Save me Prince Gyu! Rawr!!"

"Wait for me princess Jongie!" Sunggyu cried as he began to hit and kill the dragon before deeming that it's dead then entering its lair. "Princess Jongie, I have come to rescue you."

"You were so brave Prince Gyu," Sungjong said in complete admiration as Sunggyu held his hand.

"Now let's go and walk into the sunset my princess," Sunggyu announced.

"Why?"

"I don't know," Sunggyu said honestly "I just see people do this when their with the person they love."

"Then, you love me hyung?"

"Of course I do," Sunggyu smiled. "You're a very very important person to me Jongie."

"I love you too hyung," Sungjong smiled as he hugged the elder.

However their little moment was interrupted by Sungjong's mom who started callin them and getting near them which was a signal to go home.

"But I don't want to go home yet," Sungjong whined. "I want to be with Gyu-hyung more."

"But it's getting late sweety," Mrs. Lee smiled. "Sunggyu's parents are already here to pick him up see."

Then as if on cue Mr. Kim was beside Mrs. Lee trying to coax their children out of the jungle gym for the adults where too big to fit in. They didn't succeed though for the two kids didn't want to be separated just yet.

"Fine," Mrs. Lee suddenly said after minutes of failed persuading. "How about Sunggyu comes over and have dinner with us tonight along with his family, if that's alright with you Mr. Kim?"

"Can we dad??" Sunggyu asked excitedly at the thought of spending more time with Sungjong. "Pleeeeaaassseee~"

"We won't be troubling you Mrs. Lee?" Mr. Kim asked.

"Not at all," Sungjong's mom smiled reassuringly. "My mom cooked us a week's load of food to take here to Seoul, it'll only spoil if we don't eat it now."

"Yay!!" Sunggyu and Sungjong cried as they hugged each other before getting out of the jungle gym to walk towards Sungjong's house hand in hand with their parent's chatting behind them.

"Grandma's cooking is the best hyung," Sungjong said happily. "And I helped her."

"Then I bet it's even more delicious Jongie," Sunggyu smiled.

"Of course," Sungjong said proudly. "But I still have a lot to learn in cooking especially now that I have a husband to feed."

"Huh?"

"Isn't that what happens when the prince saves the princess?" Sungjong said. "They dance and get married?"

"Oh yeah!" Sunggyu said as he forgot that step. "I'm glad noona forgot this part when we played prince and princess yesterday, or else I won't have the most prettiest wife ever!!"

 


 

what am I writing? XD