Getting To Know You

12 Days of Little Infinite's Christmas

The first time Howon and Dongwoo met was the first day of pre-school.

Dongwoo was a loud kid, Howon figured. He talked loudly, laughed loudly, talked loudly a lot, basically you'll never see him with his mouth closed. He also quickly made friends with half of the class by the time introductions were over. He kept looking at Howon with this big grin on his face which weirded the purple clad boy. Dongwoo was a weird kid, Howon concluded.

Howon was a quiet kid, Dongwoo figured. He only talked with the two seatmates he was assigned with and only those two seatmates could hear him. He was also only wearing purple, a purple shirt, purple shorts, purple shoelaces, purple socks Dongwoo wouldn't be surprised if even his underwear is purple. He also kept looking at Dongwoo with a blank look which weirded the smiling kid. Howon was a weird kid, Dongwoo concluded.

With these thoughts of each other Howon and Dongwoo wonders how they ended up sitting side by side each other during recess time. The awkward silence was to thick for either kids liking, good thing Dongwoo was a really friendly kid.

"Hi," Dongwoo greeted with a big smile. "I'm Jang Dongwoo 6-years-old."

"I'm Lee Howon," Howon replied with his own albeit small smile. "I'm 5-years-old."

"You're 5?!?" Dongwoo said in happy surprise as this was the first time he met someone younger than him. "Then that means I'm your hyung! You should call me hyung. Call me hyung please?"

"Dongwoo-hyungie," Howon said slowly as if testing if his words were right.

“Yay!” Dongwoo cried in joy as he hugged Howon all of a sudden. “Someone finally calls me hyung, I’m gonna be the best hyung you’ll ever have Howonnie!”

“But I already have a hyung,” Howon inquired.

“Then now you have two hyungs,” Dongwoo smiled. “Isn’t that great??”

Howon thought about it for a moment. Would having two hyungs be really that great? He would have two people taking care of him, two people giving him an extra slice of cake and two people to read stories with him, so yes having two hyung would be awesome Howon figured.

“So now I have Hojae-hyungie and you Dongwoo-hyungie,” Howon smiled making the elder guy smile bigger, if that was possible.

“You’re gonna be my favorite dongsaeng,” Dongwoo declared.

“I’m your only dongsaeng hyungie.”

“You’re still my favorite,” Dongwoo said with a finality as he took a big bite from his sandwhich.

"Wow hyungie," Howon said in amazement. "You have a big big mouth! Like a dino!"

"Dinosaurs are sooooo cool!!!" Dongwoo cried as he showed the younger his lunchbox with a dinosaur design. "I especially like this one! The T-Rex!"

"It kind of looks like you hyungie," Howon mused as the two of them finished eating their snacks.

"It does?" Dongwoo asked.

"Yup, but you're not as scary," Howon smiled.

“Don’t leave any trash behind okay?” their teacher suddenly announced as she saw them finishing their snacks. “Now it’s time for Arts and Crafts, get an apron by the table there so that your uniforms won’t get dirty and your mommies won’t be angry.”

“Yes teacher,” the whole class cried in unison and then little toddlers came rushing towards the table excited to paint, draw or glue things onto the table.

“What are you gonna do Howonnie?” Dongwoo asked as he wore his apron.

“I’m gonna paint!” Howon said happily as he held two cans of different shade of purple and then rushed to a free easel. “You can paint here next to me if you want hyungie. I have purple paint!! TWO purple paints!!”

“Okay Howonnie,” Dongwoo agreed as he grabbed a palette with different colors of paint.

The two friends then started to work on their paintings and by the time they were done their faces and apron were painted as well.

"What did you paint Howonnie?" Dongwoo asked.

"Jaran!!" Howon said as he happily showed his painting which comprised of two shades of purple.

"You sure love purple Howonnie."

"That's because purple is beautiful hyungie," Hoya said as he looked at his painting with obvoius satisfaction. "This is me dancing hyungie, I'm gonna be a really famous dancer one day."

"Omaidinos!" Dongwoo said happily as he showed his painting. "This is me dancing too! I'm gonna be a famous dancer too!!"

"Really Dongie-hyungie??" Howon asked excitedly. "Do you think we can be in the same dance group when we grow up??"

"Of course we will!" Dongwoo cried as he slung an arm around Howon. "We're gonna be the most famous dancers in all of Korea, and we're gonna be an inseparable team!"

"It's either we're together or not, right hyungie?"

"Mhm," Dongwoo agreed. "That way we can be friends forever Howonnie."

"Yay!" Howon exclaimed as he slung his arm around Dongwoo's shoulder too. "I'm glad I met you hyungie."

"I'm super happy I met you too Howonnie," Dongwoo smiled and Howon returned it with a smile as big as his.

"Omona!" Their teacher suddenly exclaimed when she checked on them. "The two of you are so messy, go and get cleaned up before your skin gets itchy."

"Yes teacher," Dongwoo and Howon said simultaeously as they walked to the sink hand in hand making their teacher smile at the two newly formed best friends.

Dongwoo is a weird kid, Howon found out. His stories were interesting, he loves dinosaurs, he looks like a dinosaur, his laugh would make you laugh and his smile will make you smile. Dongwoo is a weird kid and that's the reason why Howon loves being around him.

Howon is a weird kid, Dongwoo found out. He is obsessed with purple, is quiet at first but will get really talkative after a while, you can't help but follow his lead at times and you can't help but baby him at times. Howon is a weird kid and that's what Dongwoo likes the most about him.

Dongwoo and Howon met at their first day of pre-school and the two of them were inseparable ever since.

 


 

I like this little oneshot of mine ^^ I didn't cringe as much =D

can't reply today for I am to sleepy -___- sorry

update is gonna be a little late tomorrow cause it's my friend's debut so that'll finish like early in the morning I guess?