Being With You

12 Days of Little Infinite's Christmas

I’m gonna play with Gyu-hyung today~” a 6-year-old Jang Dongwoo said in a sing-song voice as he fixed his room to look neat for his hyung.

“Why isn’t this a rare sight,” his mother’s voice was suddenly heard as she entered his room. “Wouldn’t want Sunggyu to trip on your toys now do we Dongwoo?”

“Nope,” Dongwoo smiled as he closed his lego box. “I don’t want Gyu-hyung to get hurt so I better clean my room.”

“I wish Sunggyu would come by more often so I can always see your room clean,” Mrs. Jang said hopefully.

“Can he mommy?” Dongwoo asked. “Can Gyu-hyung come over every day? Can he just stay here forever?”

“I don’t think so honey,” Mrs. Jang smiled as she crouched down to be in eye-level with her son. “It’ll be hard for mommy and daddy to take care of another kid.”

“Then I’ll take care of him,” Dongwoo said determinedly.

“Dongwoo dear, how long did your pet goldfish last?” his mother asked.

“3 days…” Dongwoo said a bit sheepishly.

“You see,” Mrs. Jang said as she ruffled his son’s hair. “Now finish cleaning up your room and Sunggyu will come by any moment.”

“Ok,” Dongwoo obliged but there were things going inside his little head right now, specifically plans to make his mother see that he can and he will take good care of his Sunggyu-hyung.

 

A few minutes later and the doorbell to the Jang residence rung signaling that Sunggyu has arrived.

“Dongwoo!” Mrs. Jang called. “Sunggyu is here-”

“Sunggyu-hyung!” Dongwoo cried as he tackled his hyung into a hug.

“Hi Dongwoo,” Sunggyu replied as he returned the hug.

“I’ll leave the two of you to play,” Mrs. Jang smiled. “Just play nice okay.”

“We will,” Dongwoo and Sunggyu replied simultaneously.

“Come on hyung let’s play,” Dongwoo said as he practically dragged Sunggyu up to his room.

“Slow down Dongwoo,” Sunggyu laughed at his friend’s excitement. “I might trip you know.”

“Sorry,” Dongwoo immediately said, he then moved to the side of the stairs to let his hyung pass. “After you hyung.”

“Thank you Dongwoo,” Sunggyu smiled as he went ahead the younger. As soon as Sunggyu entered Dongwoo’s room he was instantly surprised at how clean it is. “Wow, I can see your floor Dongwoo.”

“I know right!” Dongwoo said happily. “Who knew my room has such a big floor.”

“So what do we play Dongie?” Sunggyu asked as he went inside the room and sat on the younger’s bouncy bed.

“Anything you like hyungie,” Dongwoo replied with a goofy smile. “Today we’re gonna do anything you like hyung.”

“Really?” Sunggyu asked. “Why? It’s not my birthday today right?”

“It doesn’t need to be your birthday for me to play anything you like hyung,” Dongwoo smiled. “I’ll do anything hyung wants any day. So what do you want to play?”

“Then let’s build a huge huge castle from your legos Dongwoo,” Sunggyu said happily.

“Sure! And hyung can be the king of that castle and I’ll be your faithful knight,” Dongwoo agreed as he opened his chest of legos.

“And then we can destroy it!!” Sunggyu cried happily as he and Dongwoo began building.

“Gyu-hyung can have the first kick too,” Dongwoo smiled.

 

After 3 slain dragons, 2 feasts and 2 destroyed castles did the two kids finally felt tired and as if by mother’s intuition Mrs. Jang entered they’re room to offer them some snack which made Sunggyu and Dongwoo quickly rush to the kitchen table.

“I baked some gingerbread men and made you two hot chocolate,” Mrs. Jang smiled as she handed the two kids their mugs filled with hot chocolate and marshmallows.

“Here Gyu-hyung,” Dongwoo suddenly said as he gave Sunggyu some of his marshmallows. “I know you love marshmallows so you can have some of mine.”

“Uwah!” Sunggyu exclaimed happily as he saw his cup was now filled with marshmallows. “Thank you Dongwoo.”

“Did you two have fun playing?” Mrs. Jang asked. “Was Dongwoo nice Sunggyu?”

“Yes auntie,” Sunggyu smiled brightly. “Dongwoo takes care of me really well.”

“You see mom!” Dongwoo suddenly cried. “I told you I can take care of Sunggyu-hyung, so now can he stay with us?”

“What?” Sunggyu asked with a cute of his head.

“Oh honey,” Mrs. Jang sighed but then smiled. “You’re still on about that?”

“So can he stay mom?” Dongwoo said with puppy eyes. “Pleeasse??”

“Dongwoo dear, Sunggyu can’t stay here with us,” Mrs. Jang said in a comforting tone.

“Why not?” Dongwoo whined. “I can take care of him really well, Gyu-hyung even said so.”

“But his family will miss him if he stays with us,” Mrs. Jang explained. “And he’ll miss his family too. Remember when you stayed with grandma for one night? Didn’t you miss me and daddy then.”

“I did,” Dongwoo replied with a small pout as he understood what his mom is saying. “But I still want to be with Gyu-hyung longer, I like being with Gyu-hyung.”

“I like being with Dngwoo too,” Sunngyu smiled making Dongwoo smile too.

“Which is why the two of you better cherish the moments when you are together,” Mr.s Jang said as she held each boy’s hand.

 


 

I am so so so sorry for the lateness of this chapter >.<

I watched The Hobbit with some friends then it was my university's christmas party yesterday which ended around 1 so I had no time to update >.< I am really sorry...

[I highly recommend The Hobbit!! you people should watch it!! it was beautifully done =)]