Forever With You

12 Days of Little Infinite's Christmas

It was the day before Christmas and a little boy with ebony black hair and equally black eyes named Kim Myungsoo was sitting on his family’s dinner table as he helped his mom cook for their Christmas dinner along with the Lee family next door. It has been a Christmas tradition since Mrs. Lee and Mrs. Kim – who have been best friends since time started – each married their own husbands that Christmas would be spent alternately at each other’s house and this year it was the Kim’s turn.

“Wash your hands first Myungsoo,” his mom said and Myungsoo did as was told.

“All done mommy,” Myungsoo said as he rushed from the sink back to the table. “What should we do first mommy?”

“We should bake the gingerbread house first,” Mrs. Kim said as she started placing all the ingredients and utensils they need on the table but suddenly she stopped then looked at her hand. “But first I need to keep this in a safe place.”

 She then took of her wedding ring then placed it a top their kitchen cabinet where she always places it when she’s cooking.

“Mommy?” Myungsoo said in a questioning tone as his mother proceeded with setting up the ingredients. “Why do you always wear that ring?”

“Why?” Mrs. Kim said as she looked at her son with a gentle smile. “Because that ring is special.”

“Why is it special mommy?” Myungsoo asked as his mom cracked some eggs into a bowl.

“Because that’s what binds me and your dad,” his mom smiled. “It’s the proof of our love Myungsoo.”

“Really?!” Myungsoo said with wide eyes seriously shocked at how special that ring is.

“Yes honey,” Mrs. Kim smiled as she looked at the ring with a fond smile. “That ring will be the proof and bond that will keep me and your father together forever.”

“Forever mommy?” Myungsoo asked an idea forming in his head.

“Forever honey,” Mrs. Kim smiled as she mixed the batter for the gingerbread house. “Now please mix this batter while I pre-heat the oven or else the Lee family will have nothing to eat in our house later and Sungjong will stop coming over.”

“Give me the spoon mommy,” Myungsoo said as his mom gave him the batter to mix while she goes to the oven, as Myungsoo mixed the batter he was thinking of the perfect gift to give Sungjong.

 

A few hours later Mrs. Kim and Myungsoo finally finished preparing the food  - with a little trouble of course, especially from Myungsoo cause he won’t stop tasting eating the food – and as soon as everything was prepared the two of them cleaned up and prepared themselves just as Mr. Kim came home from buying wine and drinks. An hour more later and their doorbell rang signaling that the Lee family from next door are at their front door.

“I’ll get it!” Myungsoo said excitedly as he rushed to the door and swung it open at once to reveal three familiar figures holding gifts.

“Merry Christmas!” Sungjong suddenly cried happily with a big smile.

“Merry Christmas to you too Sungjong,” Mrs. Kim replied as she ushered them in. “You can leave your bags and gifts by the Christmas tree.”

“I also cooked roast beef for tonight’s dinner,” Mrs. Lee said as she handed the bowl of food to Mrs. Kim.

“I knew you were gonna cook something,” Mrs. Kim said with a chuckle as she set the roast beef on the table.

“I couldn’t let you cook everything now,” Mrs. Lee replied.

“Now then,” Mrs. Kim started when everyone was in the kitchen “Everyone sit down so we can eat.”

“I wanna sit beside Jongie!” Myungsoo announced pulling Sungjong beside him.

“I wanna sit beside Myung-hyungie too!”

“As expected,” Mrs. Lee chuckled. “Of course you two will sit side by side each other, and honestly when aren’t you side by side each other?”

“Let’s sit by the gingerbread house Jongie,” Myungsoo said and Sungjong happily followed him.

“I swear those two are connected by the hip,” Mrs. Kim said and Mrs. Lee agreed.

“As if the two of you weren’t like that when you were young,” Mr. Kim said with a sly smile.

“True,” Mrs. Lee agreed as she and her best friend shared a knowing smile.

“Now that we’re all settled down let’s eat shall we,” Mrs. Kim smiled as they all began to eat.

“You should try the mashed potato Jongie,” Myungsoo suggested. “I made it.”

“Really Myung-hyungie?” Sungjong said in shock as he got a scoop full of mashed potatoes then instantly tried it. “It’s really good hyungie.”

“Aigoo,” Mrs. Lee cooed. “Our Myungsoo will be an excellent husband one day.”

 

Dinner passed happily with shared stories, laughs and a few fond memories here and there. When dinner was finished and everyone was full they all went to the living room to participate in the children’s – and adult’s – most awaited time of all, opening presents.

“First gift is for our little Sungjong,” Mrs. Kim smiled as she handed Sungjong a box wrapped in Christmas paper.

“Thank you aunty,” Sungjong smiled as he excitedly opened the gift revealing a cute red and green striped hand knitted sweater which was really soft to hug. “I’ll always wear it.”

“I have a gift for you too Jongie,” Myungsoo said catching everyone’s attention as he took a small poorly wrapped box from his pocket.

Sungjong then opened the box completely excited that his favorite hyung also gave him a gift as the adults surrounded the two of them with curiosity. When Sungjong finally opened it a little plastic ring was revealed to all of them.

“Awww~” the mothers cooed while the fathers chuckled at the sweet and corny gesture.

“You wear it on this finger Jongie,” Myungsoo said as he inserted the plastic ring on Sungjong’s right ring finger. “There it fits perfectly.”

“Pretty!”

“Look I have the same one,” Myungsoo said as he revealed another ring of the same style and weared it. “I won it at the arcade last week.”

“Thank you so much hyungie,” Sungjong said with a smile as he hugged Myungsoo who instantly hugged him back. “Why a ring though?”

“Cause mommy said it’ll keep us together forever,” Myungsoo said with a big proud smile.

“Really?!” Sungjong said quiet shocked that the ring could do so much but then his face fell when he realized something. “But I didn’t get you anything hyungie.”

“That’s fine,” Myungsoo smiled. “Cause you being with me forever is the best gift I could ever get Jongie.”

 


 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!