Chapter 9

Cuteness Is Justice

 

         “Jieun, it’s okay,” Gain tried to console Jieun, who was on the verge of throwing a fit in Gain’s office. “We have the information about JTune! I’m almost done tracking down the location of their headquarters, so don’t throw a sissy fit.”

        

         “I was soooooo close!!” Jieun wailed, collapsing onto the floor. “And I have to go to Mr. Min’s office in half an hour! How am I even going to face him?!”  

 

         “Relax,” Gain rolled her eyes. “At least you got the info, so you won’t be chewed out that badly.”


 

         “I’m disappointed in you, Jieun,” Mr. Min sighed.

 

         “Mianhe,” Jieun bowed her head in shame.

 

         “I heard you didn’t come back empty handed, though,” Mr. Min pressed on. “At least you found a lead. It’ll take us some time to track down JTune’s location, so I’m sending you on another mission.”

 

         “Yes sir,” Jieun couldn’t believe her luck. Even though the mission had technically been a failure, she hadn’t been scolded as much as she expected.

 

         “You gathered information that there would be an assassination held at a Choi Dongwook’s party. We have another agent who’s on Dongwook’s case. If you haven’t heard, Dongwook works in the trafficking business, and that’s where he gets all his money. We don’t have any evidence, though. The agent on the case has only been on the field for a year, so he doesn’t have much experience, and he’s been on this mission for half a year already. Fortunately for him, he has successfully infiltrated Dongwook’s area. Since MBLAQ is also going to the event, you’re going to team up with the newbie. Your first priority is to help the guy with his mission, and should you have the chance, capture any MBLAQ assassins there,” Mr. Min said.

 

         “Yes sir,” Jieun bowed. “Sir, what’s the name of my partner?”

 

         “Seong Jinwoon. I’ve already talked to him, and he should be ready to meet you at Gain’s office.”



 

         “Anyeong, I’m Jinwoon,” Jinwoon grinned cheekily, holding out his hand. Jieun had expected some kid who looked meek and inexperience, because she was told Jinwoon was a newbie. Instead, she was greeted with… well, eye candy. Jinwoon turned out to be extremely tall, towering over Jieun by a head. His eyes naturally crinkled up into a good-natured line that could surprisingly capture girls’ hearts in one swoop.

 

         “Anyeonghaseyo,” Jieun greeted back, gripping his opened hand. “I’m Lee Jieun.” She wondered how it was possible for one’s mouth to hold such a huge smile.

 

         Enthusiastically pumping his huge hand up and down, Jinwoon blabbered, “I can’t believe I actually get to work with you! You have such a good reputation, and ever since I’ve started a mission, my partner has been talking about how successful you and Gain had been!”

 

         “Who’s your partner?” Jieun asked.

 

         “Jokwon!” Jinwoon chirped.

 

         “That clown’s finally been assigned a partner, huh. How come I’ve never heard of this,” Jieun muttered.

 

         “Well, it’s not as if you cared,” Gain remarked. She had been on her computer, but she was still listening on the conversation.

 

         “True,” Jieun shrugged.

 

         “Mr. Min told you about what’s going on, right?” Jinwoon asked as he found a chair to sit on, still smiling.

 

         “Yup. We’re going to Dongwook’s party and finding evidence about his business in crime,” Jieun nodded.

 

         “And do you know what kind of party it is?” Jinwoon raised an eyebrow.

 

         “A… party??” Jieun scrunched her brows cutely in confusion. Jinwoon had to pinch himself to stop staring at her.

 

         “WRONG!!!” Jinwoon imitated the sound of a buzzer. “It’s a ball,” Jinwoon grinned.



Sorry for not updating for a time ^.^.... I feel myself loosing inspiration and approaching writer's block... hm... this is bad. 

oh well, hope you guys liked the chapter and hope you comment!!! -candym0nster