Chapter 11

Cuteness Is Justice

         “Omo! You sing so well!” Jinwoon grinned as he placed a hand on Jieun’s bare shoulder as the two stepped off the stage and handed the karaoke machine to other eager guests.

 

         “Really?” Jieun muttered warily, eyeing Jinwoon’s hand.

 

         “Jinja!” Jinwoon nodded.

 

         Dongwook and Hanbyul made their ways to Jinwoon and Jieun.

 

         “Jinwoon-ah! I’ve never heard you sing before! Why didn’t you tell me that you were a singer?” Dongwook joked around, then turned to Jieun and shot a smile. “And Jieun, you sounded nice as well.”

 

         “Ah, thanks,” Jieun nodded.

 

          Hanbyul glanced at Jieun and dipped her head in what Jieun took as a nod of respect. Her perfect lips lifted into a slight smile.  

 

          “You would make a good kpop star,” Hanbyul compliment softly.

 

           “And you should be a model,” Dongwook wrapped an arm around Hanbyul’s waist and pecked her cheek.

 

           “Aish! Not here!” Hanbyul hissed.

 

            Jieun’s face flushed slightly while Jinwoon didn’t look phased at all. The two couples continued their small talk while some yards away, Thunder and Lee Joon decided to activate their plan.

 

            “Jieun, watch out! They’re approaching you guys!” Gain warned. “They’re coming in from four o’clock.”

 

             Jieun nudged Jinwoon inconspicuously, tilted her head slightly in the direction Gain had indicated, and then buried her face into Jinwoon’s chest.

 

            “Jinwoon-ah! I don’t feel well,” Jieun groaned, feigning sickness.

 

             Jinwoon’s face flushed a deep rose red, and he was glad that Jieun couldn’t see it. He swiveled his head wildly, as if he were trying to find the restroom, and quickly located the two assassins. Sticking his one of his hands into his pocket and his other hand securely around Jieun’s shoulder to hide her face, he steered his way towards the targets.

 

             “Jieun, you don’t feel well? Wow, you sang so well, but the nerves must’ve gotten to you. The restroom is over there,” Dongwook pointed in a direction towards the hall.

 

              “Ah, thanks,” Jinwoon nodded curtly before leading Jieun into the crowd.

 

               Lee Joon still had his eyes plastered on the target, but he couldn’t get his the girl who had sung out of his mind. There was something so very familiar about her… as if they had met pretty recently. He glanced over at her, only to see that she had buried her face into her blushing date’s chest. He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn’t realize the couple had grown progressively closer, to the point that the man actually bumped into Thunder.

 

               “Aish! Watch where you’re going!” Thunder hissed.

 

               “Mianhe!” Jinwoon bowed his head in apology.

 

               “Oh yeah! Aren’t you the guy who sang on the machine? You and your girlfriend rock!” Thunder beamed.

 

              “K-kamsamnida,” Jinwoon stuttered.

 

              “Good job,” congratulated Gain. “That was close. They’re talking to Dongwook now.”

 

              “Weird… Why would they want to talk to him? It can’t be that… Wait… Can you tell what they’re talking about?” Jieun asked, lifting her head from Jinwoon’s chest once they had blended into the crowd.

 

              “Nope,” Gain answered. “But it looks like something serious, because they’re not laughing at all. They’re shaking hands.”

 

              “Could they be business partners?” Jieun asked Jinwoon. 

 

              “Nope, I don’t think so. Dongwook has never mentioned to me that they were business partners. If anything, Dongwook tries to steer away from assassins and doesn’t want to get his feet wet in such a business,” Jinwoon shook his head.

 

              “Even though he’s in the -trafficking business,” Jieun muttered. “How ironic.”

 

              “That’s how men are,” snorted Gain. “Dongwook is leaving with the targets. Go follow them.”

 

              “They’re moving,” Jieun notified Jinwoon, who nodded. Moving efficiently and yet still blending in with the crowd, the two silently followed their targets.

 

              As the men walked down the marble hallways, Jieun stripped off her high heels, stuffing them into her sack. Then the two paused to put some distance between the two parties, just in case the targets might hear them.

 

              “I think we’ve waited long enough,” Jieun nodded, and then she pulled out two trackers from her bag. “Here, you take this one.”

 

              “Wow, Gain’s impressive. She already hacked into the security system and got all the floor plans in the building,” Jinwoon muttered, swiping through the data on the tracker.

 

              “Why thank you!” Gain cooed.

 

              “Don’t get too cocky, Gain,” Jieun rolled her eyes.

 

         “So is this where we split?” Jinwoon asked.

 

         “Yup. You go find evidence on Dongwook, and I’ll go find my targets,” Jieun nodded. “Here, take on one of these too, so you can communicate with us.” Jieun took out another earpiece for Jinwoon.

 

         “Ooooh, I get to listen into your secret conversations now?” Jinwoon gasped.

 

         “If you succeed in this mission, you’ll be having secret conversations of your own with your own partner,” Gain answered.

 

         “Someone as smart as you, Gain?” Jinwoon teased.

 

         “Fat chance,” Gain snorted. “I’m the best there is.”

 

         “Do you know where to start?” Jieun asked JInwoon.

 

         “Yeah. I think I know where the general area of the evidence will be. See you guys later… and hopefully in one piece,” Jinwoon nodded seriously, most of his smile already sliding off his face.

 

         “I should be saying that to you,” Jieun smirked. Then the two walked their respective ways, Jieun to the north corridor, and Jinwoon to the east corridor. 



Whoooo!!! another chapter squeezed out of my brain... with consequences of a C on an AP chem test... and a B on a french test... TT.TT 

LET'S GO!!!

sigh.... 

Hope you guys liked this chapter :) -candym0nster