Chapter 12

Cuteness Is Justice

         Jinwoon ran down the east corridor, slowing down to a halt right as he reached the end of the corridor that opened up into two different hallways. If he took the right, he’d be led to where he “estimated” the evidence was. If he took the left, he could somehow find a way to warn Dongwook-hyung.

 

         So obviously he took the left.

 

         Crossing his fingers in the hope that Gain wasn’t keeping an eye on him, he weaved his way through different hallways, using a roundabout way to get to Dongwook-hyung. He had to warn his hyung about the crazy lady after him and her two targets.

 

         “Jinwoon-ah. Where are you going?” Gain asked, almost making Jinwoon curse. He shouldn’t have jinxed ir.

 

         “To the evidence,” Jinwoon smoothly fibbed.

 

         “But…. Why are you heading that way then? Isn’t that where Dongwook is?” Gain wondered.

 

         “If you were heading this way,” Jieun’s soft voice whispered into his ear, “why didn’t you just come with me?”

 

         “Because I only know the way to the evidence through this way?” Jinwoon lied through his teeth once again.

 

         “Interesting…” Gain muttered.

 

         “Maybe the place where the evidence is held is where the targets are going?” Jieun suggested.

 

         Right again.

 

         “Maybe,” Jinwoon grinned. “So maybe we’ll see each other again?”

 

         “Maybe,” Jieun answered.

 

         In a matter of minutes, Jinwoon had reached the location he thought Dongwook was using… No. It wasn’t that he thought, but that he knew. Because he had told Dongwook where to go anyways.

 

         “Wow, it really is the same place,” Gain whistled.

 

         Jinwoon didn’t really understand what Jieun’s targets wanted to do with his hyung, but at the pit of his stomach, he knew it wasn’t good. He didn’t even pause to think about how to enter. Instead, he just flung open the door and beheld the scene right in front of him.

 

         Lee Joon had ed a blade into Dongwook’s belly, and was slowly twisting the blade. Dongwook had a look of surprise on his pale face, blood trickling out of his mouth, while Thunder was in the back of the room, looking through boxes and drawers, as if searching for something.

 

         “Oh? It looks like one of his goonies is here,” Lee Joon smirked, plucking his blade from Dongwook’s stomach, unleashing a spurt of blood.

 

         Dongwook stumbled a bit towards Jinwoon, and Jinwoon ran to catch Dongwook.

 

         “W-what are you doing here?” he whispered to Jinwoon.

 

         “Shut up hyung! You’re bleeding!” Jinwoon panicked trying to apply pressure onto the wound.       

 

         “Wait, isn’t that the dude who was singing karaoke?” Thunder gasped.

 

         “Well, he’s going to be dead soon,” Lee Joon cleaned the dagger with a cloth, stepping towards Jinwoon.

 

         “Y-you have to run. I can’t let my little brother die,” Dongwook wheezed, and then let out a dying breath.

 

         “No,” Jinwoon whispered in distress, tears welling up in his eyes.

 

         “Stop hyung!” Thunder held his arms out, as if he were protecting the fallen. “Remember our policies! You know the boss’s orders!”

 

         “Yeah yeah,” Lee Joon rolled his eyes. “Thank you for taking the fun out of it, you goody-two-shoes.”

 

         As if on cue, Jieun entered the room with a gun.

 

         “Hands up!” she yelled. “We’ve got you!”

 

         “You and what army?” Lee Joon smirked, putting his arms in the air in a mock surrender. The two targets slowly backed away, as if they were scared.

 

         Jieun just narrowed her eyes into a more ferocious glare.

 

         “Whoa, someone’s serious,” Lee Joon teased. Thunder whistled.

 

         Annoyed, Jieun fired a warning shot, barely missing Lee Joon’s face by a hair and breaking the window right behind. But that was all that the two needed.

 

         Right as Lee Joon felt the bullet pass his head, he and Thunder spun around, ran towards the window, and jumped out like a freaking Batman.

 

         “I’M GOING TO KILL THEM!!” Jinwoon screamed in grief, pulling out his gun and running to the window.

 

         They were gone. There was nothing but darkness and the gentle hum of traffic.

 

         Screaming in frustration, he fired random shots into the darkness, as if he expected to his something.

 

         “Stop,” Jieun placed a hand on Jinwoon’s shoulder. “You’ll only hurt innocent pedestrians. Besides, we’ll track them. Let’s go look for that evidence of yours.”

 

         “Evidence?! ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS THE EVIDENCE?! The fact that hyung is dead doesn’t matter to you at all?!” Jinwoon cried in a rage.

 

         “Um… is it me, or is he loosing it?”  Gain asked hesitantly.

 

         “LOOSING IT?! I’M NOT LOOSING IT! I ALREADY LOST IT!” Jinwoon broke down, crumpling into a ball. He started whimpering, “Hyung, what am I going to do without you? You’ve always helped me. I just-I just wanted to help you… for once.”

 

         Jieun crossed her arms and stared at Jinwoon’s crumpled figure, the gears in her head turning. Was it possible that Jinwoon had forgotten his place as an agent and became too close to his target? No, it wasn’t that, because the duration of his mission wasn’t long enough to form such a strong bond. No… Dongwook’s and Jinwoon’s bond ran even deeper. As if they had more time than the mission had allowed. Could it be?

 

         “Jinwoon, let’s go back to headquarters. We’re obviously in no condition to carry on the mission,” Jieun muttered, swinging Jinwoon’s arms around her shoulders. “Come on, you big baby.”

 

         She proceeded to drag him out of the room and after a few minutes, Jinwoon was finally able to start walking by himself. He walked silently as he led her through another exit that would let the two avoid the crowd in the ballroom.

 

         “Here, give me your earpiece. You don’t need it anymore, since we’re done with the mission,” Jieun held her hand out. Jinwoon silently plucked the earpiece out and placed it gently into her hand. She put it into her bag and then said, “I’m going to the bathroom to get changed. Go to the car first and wait for me.”

 

         Jinwoon walked like a zombie to the car, waiting for his date. The world seemed to shift between reality to dreams, leaving him in a strange limbo. It was as if a second had passed by when Jieun finally showed up, made him move to the passenger seat and drove them to the headquarters.

 

         As the two entered the boss’s office, Jinwoon resurfaced back into reality just enough to notice that Mr. Min had a somber look on his face.

 

         “Do you feel better, boy?” Mr. Min placed a hand on Jinwoon’s shoulder.

 

         Jinwoon nodded automatically.

 

         “I’m sorry, but we’ll have to take you into custody for suspicion of engaging in the business of Choi Dongwook,” Mr. Min said gravely as police filed in through the door.

 

         “Wait, what?” Jinwoon looked up in shock.

 

         “Sorry boy,” Mr. Min looked at Jinwoon gravely.

 

         How was that possible?! How did they know?!

 

         “How-“ Jinwoon spluttered and then a light went off in his head. He glanced at Jieun, who was looking away with a somber expression on her face.

        

          “Ah, I see,” Jinwoon sighed. “As sharp as always. I was going to turn myself in anyways. I can’t keep going without hyung.”    



I had spring break... so I got a chapter done, yayyyy!!!

Time to start school and again and die!! 

Oh yeah, if some of you aren't aware, Choi Dongwook is Se7en :)

Hm... this chapter was a bit... dramatic?

Hope you guys liked it and that you comment! ^.^ 

-candym0nster