Chapter 5

Cuteness Is Justice

 

         “Where is he?!” Jieun screamed, bursting into the bottom floor. To her horror, she found all the men bleeding on the floor.

 

         “MEDIC!! WE NEED A MEDIC!!” she shrieked.

 

         “No need to scream. I got it the first time,” Gain snapped on the other end, “I’m already on the job.”

 

         “T-they went-that way,” a man gasped, lifting shaking finger in the direction of the back staircase.

 

         Jieun sprinted up the stairs, not even stopping once. Since she was a field agent, she was used to this strain. The staircase went led all the way to the roof, but also branched off into each of the floors. She didn’t have enough time to check every single floor! What could she do?

 

         As if answering her question, she heard the door to the roof slam open.

 

         “Shhh! Quietly Mir! She’ll hear us!” Thunder hissed.

 

         Jieun smirked, finally locating the escapees. They weren’t far, and catching up to them would be easy. As she reached the door, she noticed the assassins tiptoeing to the edge of the roof, ready to jump.

 

         “FREEZE!! Move, and I’ll shoot!” Jieun pointed her gun at the assassins, not sure who to train it on. Following her orders, they froze. Jieun cocked her head, sure that there was something wrong. Someone was missing.

 

         “GO! I’ll take care of her!” Someone screamed as they rammed into her in full force. Knocked to the ground, Jieun dropped her pistol. Trying to regain her lost breath, she felt around for the gun. A man crashed into her, squeezing her flat, rendering her almost immobile.

 

         “There’s no way I’m going to let you kill my buddies!” Lee Joon hissed into her ears as she struggled. Stretching her neck, she watched as the other four assassins dug into a backpack and pulled out four huge guns, aimed them at the roof of a nearby lower building, and pulled the trigger. Then they pulled out four pieces of cloth, wrapped them around the ropes, and took off, sliding onto the other building’s roof.

 

         “SHOOT!” Jieun hissed, summoning enough strength to slip one of her legs under Lee Joon and do a scissor kick that was supposed to enable her to switch positions… except that it didn’t.

 

         Instead, she was just able to roll away to the edge of the roof and take a fighting stance.

 

         “I’ll just capture you first, then,” Jieun threw a punch as Lee Joon tried to get up. Using her momentum, Lee Joon directed her fist around in a circle, and she ended up in a chokehold.

 

           Jieun’s head started get dizzy because she couldn’t breathe, and she stomped with all her might on Lee Joon’s foot.

 

           “Sh*t!” Lee Joon cursed as he jerked his foot up in response, kneeing Jieun in the legs. Trying to regain her footing, Jieun tripped over the backpack the runaway assassins had left, and slipped off the roof. 

 

           Having recovered from the pain, Lee Joon looked up to see Jieun falling off the roof. Instinctively, Lee Joon reached out grabbed onto her hand, pulling her up and around while swinging himself off the roof. 

 

           It took Jieun a second to realize what was happening, “EHHHH?!”

 

           Spinning around, she peered over the roof, looking down ten stories, but he was nowhere to be found.

 

          Sighing, she steered herself over to one of the ropes, while cutting down the ones that weren’t going to be of any use. She didn’t want people climbing the ropes to the top of the KSA building. She found another cloth in the abandoned bag, which was probably meant for Lee Joon, and swung it over the remaining rope, just like the four assassins had done.

 

         Then the rope went slack.

 

         On top of the other building, Lee Joon had cut the rope, severing the only way for Jieun to follow his buddies.

 

         “See ya, cutie,” Lee Joon smirked as his eyes met hers. Then he took off after his partners.

 



Yeah, updates are still going to be slow... TT.TT 

I just found some extra time to update this fic...

Hope you like it and comment ^.^