Chapter 10

Cuteness Is Justice

         “I can’t move in this darn thing!” Jieun grunted as she struggled to get out of the car. 

 

         “Well, I think you look fabulous,” Jinwoon winked. “You know how to dance, right?”

 

         “Sadly,” Jieun muttered. “Do you have your gear?”

 

         “Yup,” Jinwoon winked, pointing to his blazer. “Do you have yours?”

 

         “Under my dress,” Jieun sighed, wrestling her dress out of the crook of the car seat.

 

         “Need some help getting out?” Jinwoon smiled, extending a hand. Red in the face from frustration, Jieun grasped the open hand as tightly as she could and Jinwoon grunted from the pain. “Nice grip.”

 

         “How are you always smiling?” Jieun snapped as her feet finally found the asphalt, extremely annoyed that Jinwoon could still smile while she was struggling to pull the dress down so it didn’t hike up so high.

 

         “I just do,” Jinwoon shrugged. Especially when you’re so cute, he thought.

 

         Jinwoon felt like he was the luckiest man alive, bringing Jieun to the party as his date. Sure, it was just a ruse, and they were actually on a mission, but that didn’t stop him from being so happy that he’d start to grin.

        

         Jinwoon was wearing a light brown suit with a black tie and a white button down blouse. Next to him was Jieun, who was decked out in a black cocktail dress that was long enough to conceal her gadgets and black wedges. She also had a purse, which was of course filled with her essential gear for work.

 

         “Are you nervous?” Jinwoon chuckled nervously as the two approached the front door.

 

         “Of course not. I’m confident we’ll ace this,” Jieun snapped, and then stopped in front of the door.

 

         “What are we doing?” Jinwoon asked.

 

“Waiting for you to be a gentleman,” Jieun answered.

 

“Oh, sorry,” Jinwoon grinned as he pushed open the door.

        

         Before them was a dazzling room decorated in a way that made this “Choi Dongwook” look like a king.

        

         “Dongwook’s sure loaded,” Jinwoon whistled.

 

         The couple followed the flood of people trailing into another room with huge double doors. Some guards were checking off each person on a list.

        

         “Sir, we have to pat you down,” the guards informed the man a people ahead of Jieun.

 

         “They’re patting us down?” Jieun squeaked softly.

        

         “Shoot! I didn’t notice that!” Jinwoon cursed.

 

         “What are we going to do about our um… things?” Jieun whispered.

 

         “Er…. conceal them?” Jinwoon panicked.

 

         “Are an idiot?!” Jieun huffed. “That’s the reason why we’re being pat down!”

 

         “Then what are we supposed to do?! Get out of line?!” Jinwoon hissed back.

 

         “Probably, and dump our stuff in th-“

 

         “JINWOON!! MY MAN!!!” a voice boomed across the hall.

 

         Turning around, the couple saw a handsome man in his late twenties making his way towards them with a beautiful flower of a woman in his arms. The crowd automatically parted ways in front of him.

 

         “Dongwook-hyung!” Jinwoon grinned with a warm smile.

 

         “It’s great that you decided to come! Now the party will really start!” Dongwook swung an arm around Jinwoon’s shoulders. “Meet my date- Park Hanbyul.”

 

         “Good evening, I’m Jinwoon,” Jinwoon smiled politely. “Nice to meet you!”

 

         “Nice to meet you to,” Hanbyul smiled back demurely.

 

         “And who’s she?” Dongwook asked as he gestured to Jieun, who had started to blush a slight pink.

 

         “I’m his date,” Jieun coughed. Then speaking in a stronger voice, she continued, “I’m Jieun.”

 

         “Enchanted to meet you,” Dongwook dipped his head. “I’m Dongwook, but you probably already know that since I’m the one throwing this party anyways. Why don’t you guys follow me? None of my buddies need to go through the security guards. It’s not as if you guys are going to bring knives or guns or anything.”

        

         “There’s no reason to, hyung,” Jinwoon snorted, lying so smoothly that Jieun almost believed him. No wonder Jinwoon had Dongwook right in his palm, but it left Jieun wondering why Jinwoon hadn’t already gotten his hands on the required evidence then.

 

         Jieun dipped her head in respect to Hanbyul, who smiled slightly.

 

         “Follow me! I need to show you something!” Dongwook grinned, plucking the two out of the line, right past the guards, and into the next room, which turned out to be a ballroom with platters of food lining the edges of the room. “Isn’t it beautiful?! I couldn’t wait to show you this!” Then he proceeded to lead them to one of the many corners of the room, where there were couches and a TV.

 

         “It’s a karaoke system!” Jinwoon gasped in delight.

 

         “I know right?! Isn’t it beautiful? I spent a fortune on it, and it produces the best quality sound and has almost all of the older songs and most of the songs today!” Dongwook almost squealed like a kid. “I wanted you to be the second one to sing on it.”

 

         “The second one?” Jinwoon raised an eyebrow.

 

         “I’m the first one, of course,” Dongwook smirked.

 

         “I can’t believe I’m not the second one,” Hanbyul pouted.

 

         “Don’t worry, you’re number one in my heart,” Dongwook smiled cheesily.

 

         “Ew,” Hanbyul slapped Dongwook playfully.

 

         Jinwoon flashed a wide grin, “Thank you for this honor, but can I sing it with someone else too?”

 

         “Of course! Who do you want to sing with?”

 

         “Jieun,” Jinwoon turned towards Jieun, who had already lost the path of conversation and was staring into the sea of people.

 

         “Huh?!” Jieun snapped her head back. “What did you say again?”

 

         Jinwoon chuckled,” Why don’t you sing with me?”

 

         “Uh… I’m not really into singing,” Jieun winced.

 

         “Why not? Come on! Sing with me!” Jinwoon pouted.

 

         Jieun glanced at the sea of people again before sighing, “Fine. Just one song.”

 

         “Which song do you guys want?” Dongwook asked, picking up a remote and flipping through songs.

 

         “Hm…. Can You Smile by Infinite?” Jinwoon asked.

 

         “I don’t really care,” Jieun shrugged.

        

         “Arraso,” Dongwook nodded.

 

         The music started playing and Jinwoon took the first verse. His rich voice captivated the people around him, and people started gathering around that corner. Jieun looked around in wonder, and realized that Jinwoon’s voice had even lured someone familiar to the area.

 

         Thunder and Lee Joon.

 

         Quickly turning around, she made sure that the targets didn’t see her face.

 

        “Jieun, it’s your turn,” Dongwook tapped Jieun.

 

        “O-Oh right,” Jieun stumbled over her words in surprise. She opened , and beautiful sweet and pure notes poured out as if she were a fountain. The gathering crowd started swaying to the music, even Jinwoon.

 

        Thunder and Lee Joon were also swaying with the crowd. They had followed the trickle of people slowly gathering in the corner, and soon enough, they had found their target, Choi Dongwook.

 

        “Wah~ Her voice is so pretty! Her legs are pretty hot too,” Thunder sighed in contentment. “Her hubby also has a nice voice too!”

 

        “Should I be concerned that she looks and sounds a bit too familiar?” Lee Joon muttered.

 

        “I see them!” Gaein whispered into Jieun’s ear.

 

        Giving a slight nod, Jieun looked up at the security camera, knowing that Gaein had already hacked into the security system and could keep an eye on the two.

 

         So far, everything was going well.



Surpriseeee!!

Yeah... I know. I haven't updated for a while.... 

Don't get mad at me if ur still reading TT.TT

I already have the whole fic planned out. It's the the matter of me finding time to write...

Hope you guys comment!!!

anyways, happy valentine's day~~~~

 

-candym0nster