chapter 6

Cuteness Is Justice

 

At KSA headquarters

 

“I DON’T UNDERSTAND?! HOW?! HOW DID HE GET AWAY?!” Jieun vented, punching the back of Gain’s chair.

 

“Yah! Don’t go punching my stuff! Go work out your anger in the gym!” Gain scolded Jieun.

 

 “Mianhe,” Jieun sighed. “I just don’t want to see Mr. Min-shii mad at me because I lost a lead. It's been forever since that happened!”

 

 “Actually, that’s the reason why I called you here. I found something in that backpack they left behind,” Gain said, pulling out the evidence the assassins had left behind.

 

 “What did you find?” Jieun asked eagerly.

 

“Well, I’m not sure if this will be of any help, but take a look,” Gain pulled out a knife from the bag. Jieun received it and inspected it carefully, noticing every detail.

 

Even though the handle was a worn out, the blade was still shiny and sharp. It was obviously a well-made blade. There was something else that caught her eye, though. On the handle was an engraved logo. It seemed as if the owners had tried to wear the logo away and had done a bad job of it.

 

“J…Y or X…P,” Jieun muttered. “JYP!!”

 

“What’s JYP?” Gain asked.

 

“They’re a manufacturer that only makes custom blades. Their blades are super sharp and durable. JYP sells guns too, but their guns aren’t all that great. A few of my past targets had stuff from this company,” Jieun explained. “They do a pretty good job in keeping it secret, even though I don’t know why. Their business would probably be pretty successful if people actually knew about them.”

 

Gain looked at some other stuff in the bag. “Everything in here is made by JYP. What does JYP even stand for?”

 

“I’m not sure, but I’ve heard rumors that it’s the CEO’s initials,” Jieun shrugged.

 

"How did you even know about them? Even I didn't even know about them. That’s saying something, Jieun,” Gain scoffed, not even bothering to touch the keyboard.

 

“Yeah, but KSA’s database has stuff no one’s every heard of before. Remember the time when we found records of JeA’s love notes to Hyukmin? Now that was weird,” Jieun shivered.

 

“Touché,” Gain sighed. 

 

Furrowing her brow, Gain started researching about JYP, “Found it! It seems as if someone’s found JYP before on his or her mission, and Narsha-unni entered some information about it. She even has the location on here.”

 

“Jinja?” Jieun stared at the screen, a bit confused. As far as she knew, no one really knew about JYP, much less had to go track down its location. It didn’t really matter though. She didn’t know everyone’s business anyways.

 

“Why would I be lying?”

 

“No, nothing. How long do you think it’ll take me to catch Lee Joon?”

 

“At the rate we’re going, probably a week or two,” Gain shrugged.

 

“That’s not as bad as I thought,” Jieun sighed in relief, “I’m going to go check out JYP and see if I can find any leads.”

 

“Arraso,” Gain nodded, turning back around to face her bright computer screen. Jieun found her gear and packed all the stuff she needed and jammed her earpiece on.

 

“Yah! At least wish me good luck!” Jieun snapped as she exited.

 

“You don’t really need it!” Gain answered back.

 

“She never thinks I need luck,” Jieun muttered as she made her way down the hallway. As she turned the corner, she collided into someone else.

 

“Ow!” she yelped, nursing her head.

 

“Yah! Watch where you’re going!” the guy she bumped into nursed his forehead. It was Jokwon.

 

“Well, first of all-“ Jieun was about to give a lecture.

 

“Save it. Where’s Gain? Is she in her office?” Jokwon asked hopefully.

 

“Is that Jokwon? Tell him to leave me alone right now!” Gain’s voice rasped through the earpiece.

 

“There’s a reason why she’s in her office, Jokwon. It’s because she’s working, pabo!” Jieun placed her hands on her hips.

 

“Oh, I wanted to treat her to lunch,” Jokwon’s face fell.

 

“Did I just hear free food? Tell him he can bring some food over to my office, then!”

 

“Gain says to bring the food to her office,” Jieun sighed, “If I die on this mission, I’m going to haunt you two for the rest of my life.”

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll make sure she stays on task,” Jokwon winked.

 

 “Sure,” Jieun rolled her eyes as Jokwon continued down the hallway, knowing that he would be doing the exact opposite. 

 



Yay!! I'm back!!! I finally finished the fic!!! Hope you guys liked this chapter and comment! ^.^ -candym0nster