Chapter 7

Cuteness Is Justice

 

          “Excuse me,” Jieun snapped impatiently for the third time to the man at the front desk. The man still didn’t look up. Then she noticed the name tag on the man’s jacket.

 

         “Excuse me, Taecyeon-shii,” she said even louder. The man’s head snapped up, and he scowled for a second. Then he looked at Jieun up and down once, and the scowl turned into a flirter smile. Jieun had come into the JYP’s company disguised as a businesswoman to “check up on the building.” And I must say, this girl looked pretty hot in her black pencil skirt, black blouse, and shiny black pumps.   

 

         “Yes?” Taecyeon shot a grin.

 

         “I was told I had an appointment here at seven thirty p.m,” Jieun tried to hold back a tone of disgust, gripping onto her shoulder bag.

 

         “Ah, yes. You must be Ms. Chaerin-shii,” Taecyeon stood up from his seat, revealing his muscular body that had been hiding behind the desk. “I’ll show you around.”

 

         Jieun didn’t bother to bow in thanks, nor did she even wait for Taecyeon to show her around. Instead, she went ahead and randomly opened one of the random doors.

 

         “Have you been here before?” Taecyeon stared at her slim figure as she strutted down the hallway quietly.

 

         “I’m just making sure you guys have nothing to hide. The government wouldn’t want you guys to be making atomic bombs. Since you’re just a weapon’s manufacturer, you should only be making weapons on the list,” Jieun said as she opened a door.

        

         “I didn’t even know we were on the government’s list,” Taecyeon mumbled. Then he spoke in a louder voice, “Um, we really have nothing to hide. You see, we make custom-made high quality weapons, whether they’re for close combat or long range. You can look around if you want, I guess. Um, I’ll just go tell my boss you’re here. Can you find your way around by yourself?”

 

         “Of course,” Jieun nodded. “I’ve inspected places much bigger than this one.”

 

         “Arraso, Chaerin-shii,” Taecyeon gave her one last look, especially at her long legs; then he walked off.

 

         The dude was seriously disgusting. Couldn’t he even try to hide those invasive looks?! Jieun shivered.

 

         It was time to look for some clues. This place had information about all their buyers, because they needed to negotiate with their customers, of course. That meant that JTune’s information would have been around there.

 

         Jieun rushed down the hall, checking the rooms and the signs on the doors.

 

         Nope, not the design office. Not the storage place. Omo, there were a ton of storage places. Hm… not the construction place.

 

         Jieun came to a stop once she saw a certain sign.

        

         Customer Service

 

         Of course. Customer service was the place that all the customers would have to go and get their stuff. Maybe there would be some information about their customers there. And if they did, then JTune’s files must be in there somewhere.

 

         Pulling out a pick from her bag, Jieun leaned in towards the door, listening for the click that signaled the door was open. Instead of a click though, she heard voices inside. Immediately, she froze, her hand still on the handle.

 

         “-And Boss got really mad at us!” a familiar voice complained…. Thunder?

 

         “Well, each of our knives are pretty expensive,” a guy muttered.

 

         “You really at advertising, you know?” Thunder chuckled.

 

         “And you’re an annoying consumer. Hurry up and order what you need, so you can leave. We’ll deliver it to you guys in a month,” the man grumbled.

 

         “After I came all this way to see you, Junho-hyung? Nah, I want to stay longer,” Thunder said. “Here are our orders.”

 

         “Annoying brat. Respect your elders. Hm…. Why do you need such small and fancy knives this time? Are you planning to stab someone with a fancy toothpick or something?”

 

         “Close. We’re going to a party.”

 

         “Jinja?! Bring me with you! I want to see all those y ladies!” Junho begged. “Whose party is it?” 

       

         “It’s someone named Choi Dongwook,” Thunder answered.

 

         “Oh yeah, isn’t he a big thing in the trafficking market?” Junho asked. “That dude’s so greasy. I can’t believe that he got the good looks! He doesn’t even deserve them!”

 

         “I don’t really know. I just follow Lee Joon’s orders,” Thunder sighed.

        

         Jieun, still positioned awkwardly on the door, pressed her ear closer to the door, wondering why the two weren’t talking anymore. Then the door handle started rattle.

 

         Shoot! Jieun thought, and then scampered off into an empty nearby room. After Thunder and Junho exited the Customer Service room, Jieun debated whether or not to go follow them or try to find JTune’s information. After a moment’s hesitation, Jieun entered the Customer Service room and proceeded to look for JTune’s information among the piles of organized folders.