Requests of a Different Kin

The Seeress Of Exo

“I’m sorry for showing you my tears.”

“It’s okay Suho.” This was the name of the Guardian I met on the rooftop who was now standing beside me as we descended downward in the elevator. I was honestly just glad he had stopped crying. For that long period of time, around an hour, he simply wept on my shoulder. I stood still, patting his back, as he slowly calmed down.

He snuck a peak at me and a small smile lit his face. I eyed him suspiciously, “What is it?”

If this is a dream, I rather not wake up.

He shook his head no, refusing to say out loud his real feelings. “It’s not a dream. I’m here and you’re here with me.” Curse me and my personality. I just couldn’t live with myself if I had seen the look on his face if I told him I was only going to be his Seeress for a short amount of time.

“I’ll see you back to the hall.” He said as he flipped up his hood and started to stride off in front of me.

“Wait,” I stopped him before he got too far, “I want to find the others.”

He looked disappointed by my statement though turned around and started to walk back towards me before beginning to walk in the opposite direction he was previously going in, “Alright. Follow me and don’t get lost okay?” I nodded, not understanding why I would ever possibly get lost.

I soon found out why he said that. He led me through the city alleyways, behind buildings, and across deserted parking lots for around thirty minutes. I tripped on multiple occasions, causing him to have to catch me each and every time.

“Sorry.” He apologized for no reason as he once more caught me mid-stumble.

If I were Baekhyun, I’d be able to light the way.

I steadied myself in his grip and shook my head no, “You only have to be you, Suho.”

His eyes widened, I could tell because the whites of his eyes which shone in the dim light of the alleyway. His teeth soon revealed themselves as he grinned widely, “We’re almost there, come.” He held out his hand to me and I decided to take it. I was sick and tired of stumbling over trash.

Now, hand in hand, he led me quickly through a mazelike passage through downtown metropolis. I had never been this far away from the center of the city before and it slightly scared me. His grip on my hand was comforting at a time like this. Besides that, there was something calming about it; like being bathed in lukewarm water that slowly warmed my insides.

When he came to a sudden stop, I was surprised and almost fell over again. “He’s there.” He pointed forward to a lone figure standing in an empty parking lot surrounded by tall buildings. “He has to come to places like this so that he doesn’t have to hold back during training.”

Before I could ask why, I got the answer to my question. The wind picked up quickly out of nowhere and sent my hair flowing forward. A vortex formed, picking up dirt and trash as it swirled quickly. What was a small, weak, whirlwind of air, quickly turned into a thick, medium sized tornado. If it was possible, my open jaw would have fallen to the ground.

The lone figure cocked his head backwards a bit and the tornado danced in circles towards him. I was scared of what could happen to him if he got hit by that thing. However, instead of hitting him, it sailed past him and crashed into the wall in front of him multiple times before fading away. The wind slowed down but only for a moment before the wind picked up much stronger than before and an even larger one formed. I looked up at it, mortified. Suho beside me seemed not scared in the least.

“Hey!” I yelled as the tornado continued to grow, showing no signs of stopping, “You!” I could barely even hear myself over the tornado so I was sure he hadn’t heard me. The thing is though, the person turned around.

The tornado weaved between us as he stared at me. Then, he saw Suho by my side and the tornado immediately disappeared.

“What are you doing here? Did you come to pick me up? You haven’t done that since we were kids.” The man spoke to Suho, not addressing me in the least.

“She asked for you.” Suho gestured to me, “And I cannot and will not object to a request from her.”

The man locked eyes with me again and furrowed his eyebrows, wondering who I was. “A request? Why would this Exotian woman make a request to you?”

I eyed Suho beside me and cupped a hand beside my mouth as I whispered to him, “Should we have not come?”

The man saw the action and spoke out about it, “Suho, you know we cannot have relationships with women. We must save ourselves for our Seeress. What if the others found out?”

Suho became flustered and pointed at the man with a shaking finger, “Y-You seriously think I’m like that? I’m always and forever devoted to our Seeress! Even now!” He eyed me, wondering if I took offense to what the man said.

“Even now? Then what are you doing with-“ The man stopped talking suddenly. He blinked blankly a few times, his mind reeling. “She made a request?”

“That’s right,” Suho answered quickly.

“Then-“ He looked to me, his eyes wide.

“Hi, nice to meet you.” I held out my hand to him though I should’ve expected what he would do next.

As predicted, there he was on his hands and knees, “Your highness! My ignorance of your identity cannot and should not be forgiven.”

I rolled my eyes, “Here we go again.” I mumbled to myself.

He began to ramble on, “If you would only accept my humblest apologies, I will prove myself worthy to you and to the cause of protecting Exo and its citizens. I shall not let you down should you allow me to follow you-“

“Stop stop stop stop.” I held a hand out to him, both of my eyes closed. Honestly, it felt like they all went from confident to pathetic within five seconds after finding out I’m their Seeress. He stopped talking and looked up at me through his bangs, “First off, stand up.” He did as I told him, “Good, now,” I walked over and patted his back, “stand up straight.” He flinched and stood up straight like a board.

“Now let’s try this again,” I walked in front of him and held out my hand, “Nice to meet you.”

He stared down at my hand then up at me. He asked himself if it was okay to shake my hand. I waited all the while as I heard him debate with himself inside of his mind. I couldn’t help the smile that grew wider on my face at his thoughts. He got over his inner conflict and uneasily shook my hand.

Then, he felt uncomfortable, especially with Suho watching him. He went down to one knee and I sighed, wondering why I even went through the trouble of getting him to stand up in the first place.

“I am Sehun, a Guardian of Exo and the Tree of Life. It is also nice to meet you, your highness.”

 

 

 

Lay yawned as he walked down the hall to his room. It was getting late and he had been busy setting up the Seeress’ room since Baekhyun had brought her suitcase with him earlier. She still wasn’t home yet but Baekhyun told him it was because she was with Suho. Still, it shouldn’t take the two of them this long to have gotten home. Thus, he couldn’t help but worry. He turned the corner of the hall absentmindedly and bumped into a shorter person.

“Xiumin? When did you get home?”

Xiumin, the male with short black hair in front of Lay, rubbed his head that had bumped into Lay, “Just now.” He looked up, not knowing why Lay had asked him about his whereabouts. The Guardians were close but knew each of them had specific tasks to carry out for the council each day. So why the questioning? Lay had never asked such a thing before either. “Why? Did something happen?”

Lay thought about what time it was again, “Did you not see Suho on the way back?”

Xiumin shook his head, “No, I didn’t. He’s not back yet?”

Lay nodded, “Yeah, he’s out with-“ Lay stopped himself from speaking of the Seeress. He wanted Xiumin to meet her himself. “Just wait up for him before you fall asleep okay?” He waved at Xiumin as he passed by him, “I’m heading to the training room. See you later.”

Xiumin watched Lay disappear around the corner before tilting his head in confusion, “Why wait up for him?” Xiumin was about to simply forget about it and go to sleep anyway but he ended up finding himself walking towards the entrance which lead to the surface level of the city.