Healing

Not if you knew my past

Luo-Yi's POV: 

Once I was in England I started seeing someone who I ranted everything out to. She would just sit there, listen, take down notes and then tell me what she thought. Before I went to see her I was cutting myself on a regular basis but after seeing her it became less and less... I still did it... but not as often as possible and I was making so much progress. Even at school I was improving so much and was one of the top students in my year, the group of friends I had were brilliant but not as good as Kat was, we still kept in contact as much as possible and she even came to visit me one year. 

"Luo-Yi, can we ask you something?" one of my friends asked as we sat outside on the feild and ate our lunch one day 
"Why do you live here with your aunt and not your parents?" she asked as I thought for a moment... should I really tell them? Then I told myself to not be so silly, they were my friend I trusted them and they trusted me so I told them everything. However, over the next few days people in school began to give me weird looks in the coriddor and called me a 'freak' and told me to crawl back into the cave I came from. One by one my friends became distant until nobody spoke to me and I was known as the girl who 'made it up'. That was when I thought back to living with Mr Chan and how I had nobody there and thought I had nobody here and was about to go back to self harming but then I realised that I did have people here for me; my aunt, the councellor, my grandparents and eventually Kat when I told her what had happened so I took no notice of what people called me in school or what they thought of me and that is what got me through my exams and got me straight A's. 

"I want to apply for the SM academy in China" I told my aunt one night as I placed the application forms in front of her and her husband 
"Are you sure you want to go back?" she asked as she read through the form and I nodded 
"I've done my healing and it's time for me to go back" I said and after much reluctance she agreed to letting me go and soon the forms were of, all I had to do now was sit and wait. Almost three weeks later I got the acceptance letter and the first person I told was my councellor and she was so happy for me, she told me our time was up and I was finally ready to face life again... It was agreed that my grandparents would take care of me and become my guardians until I reached eighteen and when I told Kat I was coming back she screamed down the phone and nearly made me deaf she was that excited!

But at the same time I was so nervous, just thinking about returning home and starting over made me feel sick and my nightmares soon escalated to the point where I would scream in my sleep and dig my nails into myself and my grandparents would have to physically wake me up to stop me... I'm getting better... it's just going to take longer than I think it will... and one day I will be a reflection of the seven year old girl who was waiting for her parents to pick her up.. care free, happy and loving...