Chapter 53.

Numbed.

 

 

Sunday; 6 January 2013. 

 

"Yeojin! Wake up! Up up up!!" Yuna shook me, hard. I groaned in frustration and flipped over to the other side, facing the wall. 

"Just a while more." My voice was slightly muffled because I covered my face with a pillow. 

"No! You are going to be late for your vocal training! Hurry and get up! It's already 9.30am! HURRY!" She yelled, shaking me even harder. 

I gave up and sat up right, bumping into Yuna's head by accident. 

"Ouch! You don't have to hit my head just because I was assigned to wake you up!" She whined as she rubbed her forehead. I got off the bed, stormed passed Yuna and headed into the bedroom. 

"Wow that girl have temper." I heard her mumble to herself when I stormed passed her. I washed up and tied my hair into a bun. I went out of the bathroom and grabbed a set of clothes suitable for dance practice after the vocal training later on. I went back into the bathroom and changed. 

"There's still plenty of time, Yeojin. Sit down and eat with us." I took a glance at the clock. Okay I got 5 minutes to spare. 

I nodded and sat down, wolfing down my sandwich. "Wow, slow down, girl. There's still time, you know." 

I shook my head, "I only have 5 minutes to spare." I said with my mouth full. "I'm pretty sure you can finish that sandwich in 5 minutes. You don't have to rush like that." Mirae said while shaking her head, chuckling lightly. 

"I'm done, I will get going now, see you girls later." I said as I placed the plate in the sink. I slipped my shoes on and went out of the dorm. 

*****

"Okay good, you kept your throat in a perfect condition. You can go now, Yeojin. But please do remember to continue taking good care of your throat, there's not too much time left to your debut." He reminded me. 

I nodded and bowed politely while thanking him. I grabbed my bag from the couch and went out of the room. I took a look at my watch, 10 minutes left to dance practice. 

I let out a sigh and decided to head to the studio since I didn't have anywhere to go. That back view... It looks familiar. 

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I squinted my eyes to get a better look of the back view. 

"It can't be them." I mumbled to myself. I started walking towards them, pretty sure that it was who I thought they were. 

"It's really you guys?" I asked, totally shocked. 

"Yeojin!?" The 7 of them said at the same time. 

"What are you doing here?" Kyung looked at me. 

"I'm a trainee under this company but I'm going to debut soon." 

"You are going to debut? Wow! Congrats, Yeojin!" B-bomb beamed at me and I smiled back at him. 

"But what are you guys doing here?"

Zico shrugged, "Someone took a video of us dancing and posted it online. They called and said they saw it and asked if we were interested to debut." 

I bit my lower lip, Why this company out of so many others? 

"I will talk to you guys later, I have to go for dance practices. Erm if- Ah nvm, it's nothing. See you guys around!" I waved to them as I turned to the opposite direction, walking towards the studio. 

"You are finally here?" I took a look at my watch, "I'm on time. Where's the others?" 

"There's only me today. The rest sent me here to supervise you." 

"Supervise me? You?" I chortled. 

"Yah! I'm not that bad at dancing, okay?!"

"I didn't say you were bad at dancing! It's just that you in pointing out other's mistakes in the choreography!" I said cheekily and stuck my tongue out at him. 

"Whatever. Hurry and get ready."

"Yes, fattie!"

"Yah, stop it before you get it from me."

"Yes, Mr Jung!" I walked over and dumped my bag onto the floor. 

 

"Aish! Are you even looking or not!?" 

"Nope, I'm not. I'm sure you are able to get them all right." 

"Yah Jung Daehyun!" I snapped at him and he just shrugged. 

"I wonder why did they sent you." I mumbled to myself, clueless that Daehyun heard me. I walked over to the music player and changed the disc. I felt something wrapped around my waist and I looked down.

Daehyun's arms were wrapped around my waist tightly. 

"I dare you to say that again." He whispered into my ear. 

"Say what?" 

"You know what I meant."

"Nope, I have no idea." 

"Hmm, really?" He snuggled his nose into my neck and it ticked. 

"Yah, stop it. It's itchy." I said between my giggles. 

"Are you sure you don't have anymore feelings for me?" I could feel his hot breath on my neck. 

I smiled a little, "No. I'm still madly and deeply in love with you, even though I told myself I shouldn't." 

He spun me around with his arms still around my waist. He gazed into my eyes gently. 

"Why wouldn't you want to be in love with such a perfect guy like me?" 

"Yeah right. As if." His face inched closer to mine. 

"Since the ban is lifted," He stopped and moved even closer. I closed my eyes, waiting for his lips to touch mine. I smiled a little when his soft lips touched mine and he smiled back. 

You have no idea how much I missed this. 

"Ahem." The both of us broke apart immediately, surprised by the existence of someone else except the both of us. 

"I knew that it was wrong sending you here, Jung Daehyun." Youngjae teased and my cheeks reddened immediately. 

"Are you just going to stand there or you want me to call Yongguk hyung over?" 

"There wouldn't be a need for that." I hurriedly placed the disc for our debut song back into the player and went back to the middle of the studio. 

*****

 

Saturday; 19 January 2013. 

 

I paced up and down of the dressing room, mumbling the lyrics to myself while going though the dance steps in my head. A pair of arms wrapped around my waist and I jumped slightly. 

"Hey relax. Just breathe in and out." 

"It's not that easy to be done." B.A.P was here too, to cheer us on for our debut stage. 

"I'm sure you will do fine. Just relax and think of me." 

"Yeah right." He turned me around and gave me a quick hug. He pulled me away gently, "Are you feeling better now?"

I shrugged, "I guess so." 

He gave me a sly grin before pecking on my lips. "Now, all better." He smiled foolishly at me. 

"Even though the ban was lifted, that doesn't mean that the both of you can-" Youngjae continued by motioning to the both of us with his hands. 

Daehyun chuckled and let go of me when a stylist called for me. I walked over and sat down on the chair, letting her do my hair and makeup. 

"I'm not going to tell you not to be nervous because I know it's normal to be. Especially this is your debut stage. Just do it like your dance practices. Give your best!" 

I nodded slightly and smiled at Youngjae gratefully. "Girls, it's time for your performace in a few minutes time." Our manager informed us. The stylist touched up my makeup and adjusted my hair before giving me a thumbs up. 

"Girls, we need to go now." I thanked the stylists before hurrying out of the room. 

Yuna linked her arm through mine. "Our debut stage is going to be fine. Everything will go on smoothly." Yuna assured both herself and me. I forced a smile at her, trying not to show how nervous I was. 

"Yeojin and Yuna, come over here." We were at the back of the stage, waiting for our turn. 

Mirae placed her hand out, motioning for us to do the same. I smiled and placed mine above Junghye's. 

"1, 2, 3," Mirae started. "Sunny Hill, fighting!" The 6 of us cheered together. It was finally our turn and we made our way up onto the stage. 

The lights dimmed, waiting for the music to be played. I could already feel my legs slowly turning jelly. Just do your best, Yeojin. You can do it! Fighting! 

The music started and the lights shone on me and Yuna who were in the middle of the stage, dancing out the steps for the intro dance. The intro ended smoothly and the music for our main track blasted out from the speaker after that. 

I quickly got into place, in sync with the other members. I did my very best, dancing every single step to perfection and sang all my parts with power. 

I panted. The music ended and the lights slowly dimmed. There were a few cheers and claps but it was already enough. The 6 of us bowed slightly and made our way down the stage. 

I was still a little dazed, not quite believing that our first stage was over. "Yeojin! Omg omg omg I can't describe how excited and happy I feel right now! Our debut stage was perfect! Our image ahh gosh!" Yuna grabbed my hands and the both of us jumped up and down along the hallway, the rest of the members chuckling at how silly we were. 

"We finally debuted!" Yuna cheered. "Sheesh tone down a bit, Yuna. May I borrow my dearest for a moment?" The both us stopped jumping and turned around to look at Daehyun. 

"Sure." Yuna beamed and slipped away from the both of us. Daehyun took a step closer to me and tugged a loose strand of my hair behind my ear. 

"You did great, really. You are the best." 

I smiled but shook my head, "Not the best but definitely working hard to become the best."

He chuckled, "That's my girl." My cheeks warmed up a little. 

"Yoohoo, enough of the lovey dovey acts. All of them are waiting for the two of you. They are planning to go out and celebrate so hurry and come in!" Youngjae nagged. 

"Coming." Daehyun replied and interlaced his fingers through mine, leading me into the dressing room. 

*****

"Congratulations to Sunny Hill for their debut!" 

"Sunny Hill jjang! Noona, you are the best!" Zelo grinned at me and I ruffled his hair. 

"Oh right, did you guys know that our company is going to debut another boy group?" 

I turned and looked at Youngjae right away. 

"Really? I didn't know." Yongguk said boredly, not interested at all. 

"They are going to be our hoobaes, show some interest, would you?" Himchan nudged his arm. Yongguk shot a glare at him and Himchan quickly looked away. 

"When are they debuting?" Daehyun asked. 

"According to what I heard, a month later." 

"Wow, that's pretty fast."

"Yeah. It was the CEO's instructions." Youngjae rolled his eyes at the mention of the CEO. 

"Oh wait, isn't that them over there?" Youngjae looked over to the table behind us and I turned around too. He was right, it was them. Zico saw me and his eyes widened a little. "Yeojin?" 

"Isn't that the Woo guy?" I turned back around and all eyes was on me and Daehyun. 

"You know them?" Yongguk looked at me.

I nodded, "I met them in Sydney." 

"Ask them to join us then, since you know them and we will be seeing them around quite often in the future." 

-----

Update! ^^

a big thank you for all the comments!! 

ENJOY~

 

Gif used belong to its respective owner! ^^