Chapter 31.

Numbed.

 

Monday; 5 November 2012

 

The bell rang, indicating that the next half of the lessons for the day were going to begin. I lifted my head up from Daehyun's shoulder and looked at him. My eyes traced every single one of his features. It's as though I'm trying to remember every detail about his face like it was the last time I'm going to see him. 

He lifted up my chin with his finger slightly, making me look him in the eyes. Although he didn't say a word, I could read everything he wanted to say in his eyes. He inched closer and I felt his lips touched mine. 

I kissed him back and he broke the kiss a minute later. He kissed my nose and arranged my bangs. "I love you." His voice made my heart flutter. "I love you too." I couldn't hide the sadness in my voice. 

He lightly flicked my forehead, "Don't be so glum. Smile." He used his thumbs and tugged both of the corner of my lips up. I genuinely smiled after he removed his thumbs. 

He smiled and stood up. "We should go now." He extended his hand out of me. I shook my head. He blinked at me, confused. "We can't be seen together." I said sadly while looking at the floor. 

He let out a sigh and kissed my forehead. "I love you, forever and always." He whispered before making his way back to class. I sat there, dazed. My heart was still pounding furiously. 

I smiled to myself and put a hand over my pounding heart. I took in a deep breathe and make my way back to class. Lucky for me, our History teacher who was never late, wasn't there yet. 

I quickly made my way back to my seat, completely ignoring all the whisperings and stares. I guess I was already slowly getting used to it. 

*****

"These are the topics to focus on for your final year exams." I held my pen in my hand, ready to take down whatever our History teacher was going to say next. 

I felt my phone vibrated in my pocket but I ignored it. 

"Chapters 1 to 5 and chapter 7. That's all for today's lesson." Mr Kim said while packing up his stuffs after the bell rang. I quickly jotted it down on my notebook and took my phone out from my pocket. 

From: CEO

Come to my office after school. There's something I need to discuss with you. 

 

What did he want to say to me? I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to figure out what could it be. I quickly slipped my phone back into my pocket when our Accounts teacher walked into the class. 

I tried not to think about it and focused on the lesson. 

*****

"Yeojin! Where are you!?" Yuna hollered at the other end of the line. I held my phone further from my ear, wincing. 

"Can you stop shouting? I'm heading somewhere, I will see you back at the dorm later." I ended the call without waiting for Yuna's answer. 

I took a cab to the company since the van would be used to fetch the other members back to the dorm. 

20 minutes later, the cab pulled to a stop in front of the company. I paid the cab driver the fare and went out of the cab. 

I tightened my grip on the straps of my bag and walked into the building. The tall building still made me felt intimidated every single time. 

I paused in front of the CEO's office and took a deep breathe. 1, 2, 3. I mentally counted before knocking on the door. "Come in." 

I twisted the doorknob and stepped inside the room, closing the door behind me. 

"Oh, Yeojin, you are here. Take a seat." He gestured towards the couch. I gave a small nod and sat down on the couch. He walked over and took a seat at the couch opposite me. 

"Okay, let's get straight to the point. The reason I called you over today is because we need to release an official statement about you and Daehyun's relationship. We didn't do that immediately when the news leaked out was because we thought that this matter would calm down after some time but it doesn't seem to be possible right now." He stopped and took a glance at me. 

He saw me looking at him and listening intently so he continued. "So, it's your choice now." He stopped again. "My choice?" 

"Yes. We will let you decide if you want to admit that you and Daehyun are really together or you want to say that all these are just a misunderstanding. It's your choice, Yeojin." 

"Does Daehyun know about this?" He shook his head, "We thought that it's better for you to make the decision than him." I nodded in understanding. 

"Can I have some time to think this over?" 

"I'm sorry, Yeojin. But I don't think I can allow that. Looking at the way things are now, the sooner you release the official statement, the better." 

"Are things really that serious?" He nodded slightly. He looked really serious so I guess the situation was pretty bad. 

I looked at the floor, thinking hard. If I admit that all these are real, I think that the situation would worsen. So I guess... Saying that all these are just a misunderstanding is the only way to solve the problem right now. 

"I have made my decision." I looked up and met eyes with the CEO. He nodded and passed me a iPad. 

"It's the company's official website. You will type out the official statement there." I nodded and looked at the iPad in my hands. 

I let out a small inaudible sigh and began typing. 

"Hi everyone, I'm Choi Yeojin. I think you guys know who I am. I shall just go straight to the point. There's nothing between me and Daehyun. He's in the same company as me and he's just a senior very close to me. Regarding the picture that was included in the news, it happened because the both of us were really close and we tend to act like a couple. Lastly, I'm sorry if our actions brought upon a misunderstanding that was so huge. And I'm really sorry that this official statement came a little too late. I'm really sorry towards all the fans of B.A.P and I hope that all of you have a good day ahead." 

I finished typing and passed the iPad back to the CEO. He read through it and posted in on the official website. He placed the iPad beside him and looked up at me. 

I was staring at the floor, spacing out. "Yeojin, thank you. You can go now." The CEO's voice snapped me out of my trance. I stood up and bowed before leaving his office. 

I kind of regretted making the statement. I felt like I should consult someone first, maybe Youngjae. He always know the right thing to do. I took my phone out of my pocket and searched for his contact. 

"Yes idiot, what do you need?" 

"Youngjae, I..." I trailed off. How do I explain to him?

"Yeojin, is something wrong?" He was getting worried. 

"The CEO asked me to make a official statement and he gave me a choice to deny that the news is fake or admit that the news was true." I paused for a while. 

"You said it was just a misunderstanding, didn't you?" 

"Yes." My voice was barely audible. 

"Are you worried?" 

"I don't know." 

"Don't think too much at the moment, I will keep an eye on the response to the statement."

"Okay." He ended the call and I stood rooted at the hallway in the company. I needed something to distract me. Maybe dancing would help. 

*****

I was panting furiously and sweat kept rolling down my forehead but I didn't care, I kept dancing. Till someone switched off my music. 

I turned to see who it was. I was about to shout at him but he was smiling brightly. Aish, that kid. 

"Take a break. You look like you were about to faint soon." Jongup said cheekily. I scowled and rolled my eyes at him. He chuckled and sat beside where my bag was. 

I went over and sat at the other side. I rummaged through my bag, in search of my bottle of water. I was sure I brought it out this morning. Where did it go? 

I searched for the last time and gave up when I realised that it wasn't in there. I sighed in frustration. 

"You can have mine." Jongup passed me his bottle. I muttered a thanks and gulped down the water. 

I screwed the cap back and put the bottle down beside me. I noticed Jongup was staring at me and I turned to look at him. 

I tilted my head slightly, signalling him to start explaining why he was staring at me. 

"Are you okay?" The question caught me off guard. I gave a quick nod. 

"I saw it." My eyes widened. They saw it already?!

"Did the others see it too?" He nodded, "Everyone saw it. Including the rest of the Sunny Hill members." 

I turned away and gulped. I don't know why was I so worried. 

"Daehyun hyung-" Jongup started but he stopped suddenly. 

"What about Daehyun?" I pressed on. He shook his head and avoided my eyes. 

"Uppie, what happened to Daehyun?" My piercing stare burning into his forehead. 

 

-----

 

UPDATE! ^^ 

Happy new year to all my subbies! 

I hope that 2013 would be a GREATTT year for all of you!

Good luck in everything! 

I love all of you! :D 

Please continue to support my fic! :p

ENJOY~

 

All gifs used belongs to their respective owners! ^^