Chapter 49.

Numbed.

 

 

Tuesday; 1st January 2013. 

 

"Gosh. Finally." I heaved a sigh of relief as the bell went off, indicating that it was break time. The students in class stood up slowly and filed out of the classroom. 

U-kwon stood up and walked over to my desk. He plopped onto the seat next to me. "You okay? You look like you are about to die soon." 

I rolled my eyes at him, "No I'm not fine. I'm tired of studying. And the subjects here are more demanding than in Seoul." I let out a long sigh. 

U-kwon chuckled and shook his head. "You will get use to it sooner or later. If you really can't catch up, come look for me. I will help you." He wiggled his eyebrows at me and I pretended to gag. 

"Eew. Get away from me, you monster." I said jokingly. 

"Psh. Do you want anything to eat? I'm starving." He rubbed his tummy and pouted slightly. I shook my head. 

"Go down to the cafeteria if you want. I'm fine being here myself." 

He thought for a moment, "Hmm okay then. I will be right back!" He got up and half jogged out of the class. I sighed again and slided further down the chair, leaning my head against the back of the chair. 

I closed my eyes and cleared my mind for a little while. 

"YEOJINNNNN!" The loud voice made me jump and I fell off my chair. I rubbed my back because it hit the chair as I fell off. I looked towards the door and P.O was trying his very best not to laugh at me and his whole face was as red as a tomato.

"Psh laugh all you want, meanie." I scowled at him and sat back down on the chair, hand still on my back. To my surprise, P.O didn't laugh at all. 

"Hey, is your back okay? Did you injured it or something? Why are you supporting it like this?" He sat down at the seat beside me and bombarded me with questions. 

"I just slept in a very uncomfortable position for quite a long time and my back feels sore since then. Thanks to you, it's hurting more because it knocked into the chair when I fell off just now." 

P.O rubbed the back of his neck, "Hehe. I'm sorry." 

I turned and looked at P.O who was smiling sheepishly at me. I lightly chuckled, "It's okay. I was just kidding. I'm fine, the pain will go away in a few days." 

He nodded and looked at the ground, still feeling guilty I guess. 

"Yah, I already said it was okay so why are you still looking like that?" 

"No, it's not that." 

"Then what is it?"

"You didn't call me oppa."

I stared at him. Seriously? I shook my head and sighed. "Fine. Jihoon oppa, are you happy now?" 

He immediately broke into a grin. "Of course I'm happy." He blinked cutely at me. 

I chuckled at how silly he was. "Oh right. Jihoon oppa, are you good in Mathematics? It's more demanding than those that I learn in Seoul so I'm kind of lost right now." 

"You shouldn't ask me when it comes to studies. You should ask either U-kwon or Jaehyo hyung. They are the ones that are better in their studies in Block B." 

"So U-kwon is really clever? Sheesh I thought he was joking just now." 

"He learns thing pretty fast so yeah." P.O shrugged. 

"Oh? Jihoon hyung, what are you doing here?" U-kwon strolled into the class. 

"Nothing, just visiting you guys." 

"Hyung, you should be visiting Minji noona instead of us." U-kwon and P.O's face became red immediately.

"Yah Pyo Jihoon, are you blushing right now?" 

"Y-yah, I'm your oppa and no I'm not blushing. I will get going now. See you guys later then." P.O got up from the seat and hurried out of the class. 

I looked at him walked out of the class and chuckled. I turned to look at U-kwon who was sitting where P.O was seating earlier. 

"So, who's Minji?" 

"Minji? She's just someone Jihoon hyung has a crush on." 

"Then how about her?"

U-kwon shrugged, "I don't know. Hyung doesn't talk about her." 

I nodded, "Then how about you huh?" I nudged him. 

"I only have you in my eyes." He said a little too exaggeratingly. 

I rolled my eyes at him, "Right, as if." 

"Time for classes!" He muttered as he stood up, heading to his table after the bell went off. 

Time for torture you mean. I blew my bangs, feeling stressed even though it's only the first day of school. 

Woohoo go Yeojin! You can do it! I tried making myself feel more motivated but it failed badly. 

I let out a sigh and folded my arms across the table, resting my chin on them. 

*****

 

Wait, what!? I heard it wrong, didn't I?

"Quieten down!" Our Science teacher stood at the front of the class, slamming his thick textbook on the table to get the attention of the class. 

Everyone stopped whispering and directed their attention back to him. 

"I repeat again, there will be a test on this Friday. The test will be testing you on the topics that you learnt last year. It counts in your overall marks for your mid term examinations so prepare well for it. Okay, we shall move on. Take out your textbook now, we are going to start on a new chapter." 

There were slight whisperings around the class but he ignored them and continued setting up his laptop. 

He passed down notes for us and I flipped through the thick stack of papers once I got them. Just one look at this and I know this isn't going to be easy for me. 

I took my pen and filled in the blanks in the notes. He was using the slides he prepared to teach and it had the answers to the blanks in our notes. 

Good way to keep students from falling asleep. I commented sarcastically in my mind. I took a glance at U-kwon who was giving his full attention the teacher. 

I let out a hardly audible sigh and rubbed my temples. This year is going to be hard... 

*****

 

Thursday; 3rd January 2013. 

 

I blinked at U-kwon, still not getting it. 

"Aish why don't you get it?! I have been explaining this to you for 2 hours!" He hit his head and ruffled his hair, patience wearing thin. 

I glanced at him apologetically, "I'm sorry. I will try reading it again, maybe I will get it." 

He sighed and got up, walking towards the kitchen to grab a drink. 

"Wow. Kwon looks..." 

"Yeah I know. He's probably gone crazy because of me right now." 

"Hmm Aerodynamics? This is the chapter that you don't understand?" 

I nodded, not tearing my eyes off the notes. I read through the notes once more, hoping that everything will click itself together. 

"Reading it like this won't make any difference. You have to understand it then you can remember it." 

I lifted my head up and looked at him, "But the thing is I can't understand it." I puffed my cheeks with air and deflated them. 

"Well fear not cause Jaehyo oppa is coming to save you!" He imitated Superman. 

I looked at him boredly, "We will see." 

He let his arms fall back to his sides and he glared at me. "You will be thanking me non stop when we are done." 

"Cut the crap and hurry! My test is tomorrow and I can't afford to fail it!" 

He flicked my forehead, "Aish I got it." He sat down beside me and scanned through the notes once before explaining them to me. 

He tried proving the theories to help me visualise which made it easier for me to remember them once I got to know how does it work. 

*****

"So, do you get the rough idea of it now?" 

I shrugged, "I guess so but I'm still not really confident about it. We will see if you are really that good tomorrow after I took the test." 

"Psh, ungrateful brat. Not even a thank you. Stop studying and come out, Block B have been here for the whole day and you are locking yourself in the room, refusing to meet us."

"I was studying and I didn't said that I refused to meet you guys!" I shot a glare at him. He ignored me and went out of the room. 

I tidied up the study table and went out of the room. 

"Yeojin, you are fina-" Kyung stopped halfway and looked at me with his mouth slightly opened. The others turned their heads back and looked at me. 

Well, almost everyone reacted the same way as Kyung, except for Jaehyo and U-kwon. 

"She's just wearing a specs. That's all. What's with the fuss?" Jaehyo said boredly. My hand shot up to my face and I remembered that I was still wearing them. 

I gave them a awkward smile and walked over to the couch, shooing P.O away since it was a couple couch. The rest of them were sprawled out on the floor. 

I plopped down onto the couch and leant back. Ah I'm so tired. 

Zico was sitting beside me and I caught U-kwon looking at us. He looked away and continued watching the television. 

I furrowed my eyebrows. Is something wrong? Why is Kwon acting so weird? 

-----

Update! ^^

ENJOY~

 

Picture used belong to its respective owner! ^^