First heartbreak

Misunderstandings.

Jonghyun walked back to a sobbing and soaking Kibum. He started to feel bad now. 

"Kibum?" he put his arm around the boy. 

"Get off of me." Kibum pushed him off and got up. Kibum was so frustrated, and he didn't want Jonghyun's pity. He saw pity in Jonghyun's eyes and didn't like it.

"Don't push me away." Jonghyun put his arm around Kibum again.

"Get off me!!" Kibum said loudly and pushed him away even farther. Jonghyun stumbled and looked at Kibum with questioning, puppy eyes.

"Stop pushing me away! You overreact to much, stupid." Jonghyun spat angrily. Kibum looked at him with hard eyes. He smirked and walked away into the darkness. Jonghyun tried following but couldn't find him.

"Whatever, he'll find his way home.." Jonghyun told himself and walked home.


The next morning Jonghyun dragged himself out of bed. He took a shower and went down. He had a weird sensation in his stomach..something was wrong. 

"Mom...did anything happen today?" he asked his beautiful mom.

"I haven't watched the news yet...lets see together shall we?" his mom patted a spot next to her on the couch (it is a weekend). 

And what they saw, was something Jonghyun wished was a dream.

"BREAKING NEWS: A NEW RESIDENT IN THE TOWN OF ____ (Jonghyun's town) MISSING." the reporter said. A picture of a boy came on and Jonghyun gasped.

It was Kibum. 

Jonghyun jumped up from his seat.

"M-mom..that's my c-classmate." he stared at her with wide eyes. He quickly took his jacket and rushed out the door. 

He was going to find Key. He sprinted down the sidewalk. 

Stupid Jonghyun you shouldn't have left him. Stupid. After what those boys did to him. in stupid. he mentally smacked himself. 

He ran and ran until he was out of breath. He walked to a small store near a gas station. He went up to the cashier.

"Did you see a boy with feline eyes...and small lips and..black hair around here somewhere?" he described Key.

"Hmm..feline eyes..OH YES! Omigod.." the cashier looked at Jonghyun with wide eyes.

"What?" Jonghyun asked.

"Omigod...go save him..go..go.." the cashier looked at him with fearful eyes. 

"What happened?!" Jonghyun yelled. 

"H-he..other b-boys they..he..was...getting f-followed and I heard a s-scream yesterday I was o-on night s-shift and then.." the cashier stuttered with tears running down her face.

"Tell me please!!!!" Jonghyun said again. 

"I think h-he was..." The cashier said in a small voice. Jonghyun's breath caught in his throat. No..no no..no..

"W-Where?"

"Umm.."

"Where?!"

"I.."

"WHERE THE HELL DID THOSE BASTARDS GO?!" Jonghyun yelled. 

"Towards the park..over there" she pointed behind her. 

"Thanks." Jonghyun ran out.

He found the park. He searched around until he heard faint crying from a tree next to him. He walked around the tree to the source.

He found what he was looking for. Kibum was leaning on the tree, his head in his hands and knees tucked up near his chin. 

"No..no..no.." he whimpered, crying. His breaths were short. 

"Kibum.." Jonghyun kneeled down next to him and gently touched his hands.

Kibum gasped and shrieked. 

"GET AWAY FR--" he stopped. He looked at Jonghyun, his tear-filled eyes softening. 

He pounced on Jonghyun, hugging him so that Jonghyun lost balance and fell onto the soft earth.

"Jonghyun.." he whispered, crying. Jonghyun held on to him tight. He Kibum's hair, whispering comforting words in his ears.

Kibum couldn't even understand what Jonghyun was saying, but it made him feel better inside. Jonghyun lifted Kibum a bit so that they were in a sitting position. He took Kibum and gently placed him so he was leaning on the tree, and then followed in suit.

Kibum was bruised everywhere, blood flowing out a small scratch on his arm. He looked so vulnerable..so small.

He wore a ripped shirt, and tattered jeans. His lips were sore and chapped from being abused. He didn't want Jonghyun to see him in this bad state, it was so embarrasing. 

"Kibum.." Jonghyun didn't know what to say. He just Kibum's cheek, causing him to flinch and turn his head away. Jonghyun was heartbroken. Why is he scared of me? Jonghyun thought. But the truth was, Kibum wasn't scared of him at all. He was just so..so embarrased. He knew he probably looked ugly..even disgusting. 

He also felt dirty. Unpure. Used. Those guys had treated him harsh, and there was dried blood down there. He was in so much pain. He whimpered and before he knew it, he had fallen asleep..


Jonghyun carried the boy home in his arms. He walked inside, and his mom looked at him with a shocked expression.

"Omigod Jonghyun..." she rushed up to help and gasped. "t-this is the...missing..omigod. W-what happened?" she asked, tears in her eyes.

"He was ." Jonghyun admitted.

She gasped and put her shaking hands on Kibum's pale cheek. "P-poor boy.." she said, tears falling down. She brushed the hair off of his face, getting a good look at him. He is...beautiful. she thought. Poor child, how could god do this to him?

They laid him down on a bed, and Jonghyun watched him sleep.


Few Weeks Later (Kibum and Jonghyun are pretty close friends now, and they have feeling for eachother and don't want to admit them.)

Jonghyun knew if he confessed he would be judged. He was popular, and friendly. He didn't want to be called the "gay " or whatever people called gay people. He had to do something about it...he couldn't have feelings for a boy.

Kibum knew if he confesssed he would also be judged. Liking someone that popular wasn't a good thing. He was already thought to be gay, and he didn't want to confirm the suspicions. He would just keep it a secret, keep it to himself.

It was a bright sunny day, and Kibum was walking through the hallways afterschool, looking for a pair of shoes some bullies had kept from him. 

He heard some noises coming from a room nearby. Must be the bullies hiding my shoes. He pushed open the door. 

.

There was Jonghyun, with some half girl, making out.They were off eachothers faces, making loud noises. Kibum felt all the hope he had built up for Jonghyun shatter, along with his heart. They heard the door open and jumped. Jonghyun looked at him with wide eyes. 

"Key.." he breathed out. Jonghyun was doing this to get rid of Kibum..

*Flashback*

Another girl from his history class walked up to Jonghyun seductively.

"Hey...Jonghyun.." she ran her finger down his chest. He wanted to push her away, but he knew it was for the better. He had to forget about Kibum. He could not ever like a boy. No. It was not right. 

He kissed her full in the mouth. He felt numb, cold..no pleasure. 

Forget about Kibum.

Forget.

*End of flashback*

Kibum just stared. Jonghyun tried to speak.

"J-Jonghyun..?" Kibum whispered. He slammed the door and ran away.


Comments are always appreciated <3