Kim Kibum

Misunderstandings.

Kibum cried. This was not supposed to happen. Jonghyun was supposed to be his! Jonghyun was supposed to tell him how much he loved Kibum. 

Kibum prayed, another shining tear slowly making its way down his cheek. He decided not go home, instead, he defeatedly sat down on a random park bench. He curled himself into a tight ball, rocking from side to side...and praying.

"Why would you ever do this to me?" he said, looking up at the sky, which was fading out of its blue former self to a pink and orange tinge. His god was somewhere up there, and the soul of his past Jonghyun was standing right next to god. 

"Jonghyun...just come back." he breathed out, his breath becoming a cloud of white air. The cloud broke apart, and faded into the cruel world. Just like Kibum's torn heart.

"I..will always love you..Jonghyun." he sighed one last final time, and got onto his feet. He brushed away the pain filled tears with a weak hand, and started his trek back home. 


Jonghyun wasn't feeling good. At all. He was sat down on the couch with his girlfriend, Jessica Jung. His stomach was filled with a fiery pit of emotions, pain, anger, guilt..and another feeling. A sort of warm tingling feeling.

Whenever this feeling overpowered the others, he could only see Key in his mind.

"Jessica.." he sighed, forgetting about the peculiar, but blissful feeling.

"Yes Jjong?"

"I think it's time for you to go home now." he said, glancing up at the clock. It was half past 9.

"Oh yes.." she smiled and got up, carrying her big purse with her.

"Bye Jjong!" she said, and pecked him on the cheek.

No fireworks. No butterflies. No feelings. Jonghyun felt nothing. He had even wanted to push her away! What was happening to him?

"Bye...J-Jess." 

She skipped gleefully out of the house, leaving Jonghyun to stare at her silhoutte. He crashed back onto the couch, his head in his hands.

He then realized what would make him feel better. He went into his small bedroom, closing the door behind him. He picked up his guitar, strumming the melodious strings.

He sang. He didn't know what he was going to sing, but he sang.

I don't know..I can't see myself.

You loved me so much. But..why does my faith shake?

I didn't get sick of you..But

I don't know.

A tear fell down Jonghyun's cheek. He knew he was singing about..her..Jessica. This couldn't be right.

How should I say that I have a new friend?

To you that have cherished me for my own sake all the time..

Jonghyun stopped, unable to sing anymore. He collapsed on his bed, tears now falling to the side because of the change in angle.

He shakily took out his phone and clicked to text Jessica.

'What on Earth is love? Is it the warm breeze that sways through the tree branches? The light that illuminates the darkness? I'm not sure what love his..but I've realized something. Love..is not you. I'm so sorry Jessica.' he texted.

He sighed, throwing his phone onto the bed. 

I'm sorry Jess. I love you..but as a friend.

He suddenly picked his phone up again. He dialed a familiar number.

A shaky voice spoke. "H-Hello Jjong." 

"Key."

"Yeah?" he heard a sniff from the other end of the line.

"I-I broke up w-with Jess." 

He heard someone holding their breath, probably Kibum.

"W-What?"

"I don't know..it just didn't feel right. Help me Key. It's like I'm falling into a pit of darkness, and I can't find my way out. I'm lost. Sick. Help..please.."

"Jjong. I-It'll be alright." Kibum said in a soothing voice, trying to keep out from bursting into tears.

"Key.."

"What?"

"Are you mad at me?"

"I..I.." Kibum sighed. "I'm s-sorry." he said.

"Ke--"

Beeeepp

Kibum had hung up. 

"! Key!!"

Jonghyun angrily ran out of his house. He was going to find Key. He needed Key, for some reason. His heart was aching, trying to find the boy.

He rang up Key's number again. No answer.

"Why?!" Jonghyun yelled. He texted him: 'Tell me where you are Key! Please! Please..Key..'

He got a text back almost instantly.

'Sprry Jonfhyun' Key had spelled everything wrong. Something was fishy alright.

Jonghyun ran through neighborhoods, into Kibum's neighborhood. He had memorized the path.

He saw Key walking down to his house, looking at his phone worridely.

'I found you..' Jonghyun texted him. He looked up to see Kibum's shocked expression at the text. Key broke into a light jog, looking around him until he finally spotted Jonghyun.

"KEY!" Jonghyun ran as fast as he could, and easily caught up tp him.

"D-Don't kill me.." 

"Kill?! Why?!"

"Y-You seem mad..I hung up.."

"Of course I'm mad. Just help me Key, please?"

Kibum tried to explain him why he couldn't. Why his heart would never accept the fact. He couldn't help Jonghyun get out of his pit, he was afraid he would do something rash and break apart the relationship with Jonghyun he had so delicately made.

"I can't Jonghyun.."

"Why?!"

"I...I..." Kibum didn't know what to say. 

"Key..Kim Kibum."Jonghyun said and suddenly gasped. Where had that name come from? His name was Key not..Kim Kibum.

"J-Jonghyun?" 

"Kim Kibum.." Jonghyun loved the feel of that word on his lips, it felt sweet. 

 

Short chapter D: And I haven't updated in so long :/ Sorry for the mistakes!

well enjoy! oh and the song is I Don't Know (the Taemin version)

Comments are always appreciated <3