Promise You.

Misunderstandings.

Kibum sighed, walking down the crowded sidewalk. Everything was dull, all the colors muted except the blue and gray streaks.

He walked passed a couple, walking hand in hand. He felt a pang in his heart. He wanted Jonghyun..his Jonghyun.

Beep Beep. His phone rang. He looked at the bright screen.

New Message: From Taeminnie

'I think something huge is happening. Jonghyun is getting his memory back'

Kibum stared at the phone with huge, wide, disbelieving eyes. Jonghyun was..getting his memory back?! His heart came back to life, thumping in his chest. 

He slowly typed a message back.

'What do you mean?'

Kibum couldn't believe his eyes. The world froze around him, the voices of people blocked out from his ears. 

He stumbled into someone and came back to reality.

"I'm s-sorry." he said. The person looked at him with strange eyes, just shrugging it off.

Kibum walked shakily down the street, back to Jonghyun and Taemin, tears from happiness forming in his eyes. 

"Finally.." he whispered "finally."


Taemin brought the drinks back to the starled Jonghyun.

"Hey Jonghyun? Can I tell you something?" he started.

"Sure."

Taemin smiled. He knew this wasn't what Kibum wanted him to do, but he had to.

"I'm actually not..Kim Kibum. My name is Lee Taemin."

Jonghyun looked up at him, but wasn't surprised.

"I had a feeling."

"Really? Wow."

Kibum was now only feet away from them. But just then..Jonghyun made a huge mistake. Huge mistake.

Jonghyun got up, and took Taemin in his arms.

"Thank you for telling me though." he whispered.

Kibum stopped, looking at Jonghyun hugging Taemin. W-What?!

Neither Taemin nor Jonghyun noticed him standing right there.

"Jonghyun..Kim Kibum is..Key." Jonghyun froze. 

"B-But..?!" he let go of Taemin, but they were still only inches apart. 

Kibum felt his heart break..for the millionth time. The blue and gray came back, the dullness came back. Jonghyun was..hugging Taemin. Taemin. Was Taemin lying to him?! 

The scenes he had dreamed of him and Jonghyun, together. Running together, hand in hand. Jonghyun singing for Kibum, only Kibum! Jonghyun..hugging Kibum.

"Jjong?" he managed to say softly. Jonghyun and Kibum jumped apart.

"Key..Kibum!" Jonghyun said. Kibum's heart stopped.

"D-Don't call me that..that's not m-my name." Kibum stepped back, tears forming in his eyes.

"Key-ssi! What's wrong?!" Taemin stepped to his broken friend.

"Y-You know what's wrong..Kibum!" he said.

"Kibum! I know you are Kibum! Please don't call..him..Kibum." Jonghyun pleaded.

"W-Why? Don't you l-love Kibum?"

"Yes I love Kibum! I love you!"

Kibum froze.

"No..you're mistakening me. I'm not Kibum! NOT KIBUM!" Kibum shrieked, falling to the ground. He was going crazy, completely crazy. The words just rolled off of his tongue, he couldn't stop them. He didn't even know why he was saying this nonsense.

"Key-ssi!" Taemin said, running towards Kibum.

"Don't t-touch me! Go back t-to Jjong! He's y-yours! You can have him!"

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Jonghyun yelled.

"I saw y-you two hugging! I k-know! Ok?! Just go!"

"No..please..don't..misunderstand."

Another misunderstanding. 

"Taemin, I'm not misunderstanding. I'm understanding!" 

"No just listen to me!" Jonghyun said. Kibum shook his head and got up. 

"I have nothing to l-listen to!"

"Taemin. Please just go. Let me clear up this." Jonghyun said. Taemin nodded. 

"No Taemin! Don't go." Kibum didn't want to be alone with Jonghyun. No way. Taemin smiled sadly.

"Sorry." he walked away.

Jonghyun turned his attention back to the boy in front of him. 

"Kibum."

"I-I'm not--"

"Shut up! I know you are!" Jonghyun said fiercly, his gaze piercing into the other's.

Kibum involuntarily shivered. Jonghyun walked towards the shaking body.

"Do you know why I was hugging Taemin, huh?"

"N-No." 

Kibum walked backwards, stumbling on the bench and falling down on it.

"Do you want to know why?"

"I-I.."

Jonghyun now towered over Kibum. 

"Jonghyun! Are you o-ok?!" Kibum squealed softly, looking away from Jonghyun's intense stare.

"I realized something..Kibum. I was avoiding this for so long, thinking everything you told me about us dating was a lie. After I saw the memory though..I have to confess something."

*Flashback*

Jonghyun sat on the bench waiting for Taemin to come back. His mind was full of the images of him and that boy..thats so..so familiar face he had seen countless times. The words were on the tip of his tongue, the identity of the boy.

Jonghyun strained his brain harder and harder, to get to the name. The name..of the boy he had feelings for.

Key? he immediately thought about whenever he picture the image in his mind. For some reason, whenever he went back to it, he would always be thinking Key. When he thought of love..he thought Key.

What was happening to him? He shook his head, clearing the thoughts from his mind.

*Flashback over*

"Jjong..p-please."

"I love--"

"Don't say it Jjong! D-Don't." Kibum shook his head. He didn't even know why he was stopping Jonghyun from saying it, maybe it was just that he was too broken and torn apart, to bear it. He was..afraid. 

"You." 

"Jong--" Kibum gasped as he felt a pair of strong lips meet his, in a sweet, romantic kiss. His eyes widened in fear, w-what? Jonghyun was kissing him?! 

He pushed Jonghyun off.

"No..please! Don't say y-you love me. You don't. Y-You don't even remember me.." Kibum whimpered, tears falling on his cheeks.

"Why?! What's wrong with you? Why are you rejecting me?"

"I..I..am s-scared."

"Scared?! Of what?"

"Love."

Jonghyun's heart now broke, seeing the small boy shaking on the bench in front of him, with tear stained cheeks. Kibum looked up at him. Kibum looked so innocent..so vulnerable.

"Don't be." Jonghyun said, and took Kibum's lips once more, in a passionate kiss. 

Kibum shrunk back a little bit, still not believing the other's words. But Jonghyun pushed on, kissing harder and harder. Kibum's arms traveled up to Jonghyun's shoulders, getting lost in the moment. Jonghyun was pulled down, and he was leaning on the bench. Their tongue's danced in sync, and Kibum was slowly giving in. 

It was true, Jonghyun didn't fully remember the boy, but he could swear he remembered those sweet..yet mysterious lips. They were addicting, they sent tingles through his body.

Kibum let go, panting. 

"Can you finally accept me?"

 

Ok this was a weird chapter. Sorry. I know it . It was a bit confusing writing it personally LOL.

Comments are always appreciated <3 Oh and I'm listening to the song "Promise You" by super junior KRY right now, best song ever <333 thats how i got the title. This will probably be one of the longest chapters I write. Ever. :)