Getting his memory back?!

Misunderstandings.

"Kim Kibum..why does it seem so familiar?" Jonghyun said, staring and Kibum with wide, puppy eyes.

Kibum coughed slightly.

"T-That's not my n-name." he lied.

"But.."

"It's Key. N-Not Kim K-Kibum." 

"Then who is Kim Kibum?"

"I...umm..he's a friend of mine."

"Friend? Could I meet him?"

Kibum froze. "Sure.." he said, without thinking. How was he going to find this fake Kim Kibum? He bowed slightly to Jonghyun and ran inside. 

"Kim Kibum...he must be the one." Jonghyun thought, smiling. It was true, whenever he heard the name, that warm feeling erupted in his heart again. He felt happy, on top of the world almost.

He smiled. It was funny, how one person's name could take away all of the sadness in his life.


Kibum crashed on his bed. "He remembers my name..my name.." he muttered over and over again. He mentally hit himself, how could he be so stupid to say it wasn't his name?! He needed to clear this up..tell Jonghyun the truth.

He reached for his phone and dialed the number.

"Hello?" Jonghyun's voice said from the other line.

"Hi Jonghyun."

"Oh Key! I'm so excited to meet that boy! I feel like he's the one I've been waiting for all along! I can't even believe I'm gay, but after hearing his name it just makes me happy.."

Kibum smiled, and opened his mouth to say something when..

"I'm so glad its not you." 

Kibum's smile was washed off of his face. His hopes, dreams, wants, suddenly dissapeared in one sentence. Tears sprang into his eyes.

"Well K-Kibum said he will b-be able to meet you t-tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?! Already?! Wow! What time." an excited voice said.

Kibum's heart broke, shattered into a million pieces.

"1:30. At the cafe." Kibum said reluctantly, thinking about the cafe where he had spoken his first English sentence, how Jonghyun dragged him outside and saved him from the gang. How Jonghyun had kissed him, but then got mad at him. How he had gotten in the end, but Jonghyun saved him from his misery.

"Alright! I'm so excited! Thanks a lot Key! Bye."

"B-Bye."

Tears now streamed like a waterfall down his eyes, accumulating onto the soft warm sheets of his bed.

He called up another number, fingers shaking.

"Hello? Taemin? Yeah..could you do a favor for me.."


Taemin. The nurse. Remember him? 

"Ok Taemin, this is the cafe. Remember, your name is Kim K-Kibum. You..know him. A-Act friendly."

"Ok..are you sure Key?"

"Yeah. I'll be fine." he said sadly.

"Ok.." Taemin started to walk away, softly patting his friend shoulder.

"Hey Taemin! Are you sure you don't have a boyfriend?" Kibum called.

"Yeah." he gave him a smiled and a 'fighting' sign.

Kibum watched as he walked towards Jonghyun's table in the cafe. Taemin stopped at Jonghyun and Jonghyun looked up at him with curious eyes.

"Are you Kim Kibum?" Jonghyun said, and Kibum could hear. 

"Yes. That's my name." Taemin gave him a charming smile. 

Little did Kibum know, behind Jonghyun's happy mask, Jonghyun could be sure this boy wasn't the one he was looking for. Jonghyun admittedly did get lost in those doe-like eyes, but other than that, there wasn't much that made his heart race. He wondered why..

"Well sit!" Jonghyun said, giving him a chance.

Taemin smiled again, and this time Jonghyun felt something. A little flutter in his heart, but not as big of one when Key smiled at him. Wait why am I thinking about Key?! he thought.

Kibum watched them with sad, pain filled feline eyes.

After half an hour or so of seeing them talk happily, they suddenly got up. Key was relieved, he wouldn't be able to take much of this anymore.

"Let's go to the park Kibum." he heard Jonghyun say. The park. Kibum froze.

That park. The one where they had their first real kiss.

No..NO!

Jonghyun grabbed the other's wrist. Kibum had a flashback of when Jonghyun had grabbed his own wrist and dragged him out of the door.

They walked outside, Kibum quickly following them. He didn't know why, he just did! Jonghyun stopped at the very same place..that he had a few months ago.

"No.." Kibum whispered. 

"Jonghyun..let go!" Taemin said, pulling his grip out of Jonghyun's playfully.

"Why?"

"I don't know.." Taemin's eyes moved to Kibum, whos was in the bushes hiding. The glance they shared was so quick, it was unnoticeable. 

Jonghyun gave Taemin puppy eyes.

"No!" Kibum breathed out. Those puppy eyes..

"I like your wrist though." Jonghyun pouted..and it was the truth. Kibum felt a small tear on his cheek.

"Well..uh.."

Jonghyun smiled, once again clamping his hand on the small wrist. 

Kibum couldn't take it anymore.

"Jonghyun!" he said, stepping out of the bushes. Jonghyun jumped.

"Key! W-What are you doing?"

"Watching your d-date. How are you l-liking it?"

Jonghyun didn't want to dissapoint Key by saying it wasn't as fun as expected..so he said "It's really awesome! Kibum is really nice!" Jonghyun lied, smiling at Taemin..a.k.a fake Kibum.

"Oh.." Kibum looked down dissapointed. Couldn't Jonghyun tell the boy was not Kibum..didn't he feel anything?

"Well. I shouldn't disturb your date." Taemin glanced at the real Kibum with a worried look "I'll get going.." Kibum said sadly, walking away.

"Bye Key!" Jonghyun smiled, but inside he was feeling guilty. He didn't know why..it just hurt him to see the boy walk away.

"Bye K-Key ssi.." Taemin gulped.

Key just raised his hand, in a way that almost said..farewell.

Jonghyun sighed, staring at the small, fragile body until he could only see it as a spot in the distance.

"Let's go Jonghyun." Taemin said, also looking sadly at the leaving boy.

"Yeah. Let's go."

The couple and the heartbroken boy walked in opposite directions, all three of them with heavy hearts.

As Jonghyun and "Kibum" walked, a sharp pain suddenly pierced through Jonghyun skull, and he stumbled backwards.

"Jonghyun?! Are you ok?!?!" Taemin helped the shorter boy up. Jonghyun looked at the other with fazed eyes. 

He suddenly saw images in front of him, fuzzy black and white images. It was a boy..and Jonghyun. They were in eachother's arms, smiling happily.

Flash.

The memory went away in a fraction of a second. Jonghyun regained composure, and got up. Who was that mysterious boy? 

"What happened?!" Taemin said, worried.

"I-I don't know I just saw some..images.."

Taemin gasped. 

"W-What did you see?"

"Me..and some..boy..we were h-hugging.." Jonghyun squeezed his eyes shut, trying to remember.

Taemin internally smiled. He was getting his memory back! Finally!

"J-Just sit here ok..I'll get some drinks." Taemin said, leading Jonghyun to a bench.

"Thanks..K-Kibum."

Taemin just smiled, and ran off. He pulled out his phone from his pocket, and texted the real Kibum.

'I think something huge is happening. Jonghyun is getting his memory back'

 

Yayy go Jjong! Get your memory back! Woohoo :)

Comments are always appreciated <3