Happy Birthday, Lee Jinki !

Letter to Lee Jinki

To the one who owns the smile I always long to see...

As your clock strikes 12am and it’s officially Dec. 14 in your country, I just like to welcome your day with a Happy Birthday Letter that I am certain you will never even get to read. However, right now, all I want to do is say my greetings to you, and hope that you will have a healthier year ahead of you, Lee Jinki.

You may not be my entire world but I’m sure you are the cutest that happened to me so far. You are my sweetest dream – the one who always makes me smile as often as you do. You are one of the reasons why I am living my life with happy thoughts, and though problems and difficulties arise from time to time, your virtual presence and the fact that you exist always give me the boost to push harder. You are one of those people who inspire me, who unconsciously encourages me to always give my best shot and not give up that easily. There are a lot more reasons why you are special to me, but to top them all, you are special because I like you – so so much! I like you probably as much as until I can’t measure it anymore. These are but just basic reasons why I want to wish you a Happy Birthday.

Along with these Happy Birthday greeting are my hopes and prayers for you to be happier, to stay as wonderful as you are, and to keep on chasing your dreams as high as you want them to. Dream without limit, Jinki, and as much as you can, strive hard to reach for those stars you believe you should own. You are such a talented, an intelligent, a beautiful, warm, human being and though you may not believe me since we never really got to be with each other, I just hope you believe you possess these things. You are not perfect, and I’m sure deep within your heart, there are scars and painful memories which you may not be able to forget, but these things, these imperfections, are the certain reasons why you are loved, not just by your fans, but by all those loving people who surrounds you and I know that just like me, they are wishing you a Happy Birthday today. Always smile but just as what I often say, you don’t have to hide your emotions if there is something that upsets you. You can always be yourself, but if you’re still uncomfortable, then I wish for you to manage these pressures and difficulties intelligently and with all confidence.

I still have a lot of things to say but let me just end it here (this is short for me, to be honest). Again, Lee Jinki, Happy Happy 24th (Internationally) Birthday to you, and oh, of course I can’t forget to greet your mom, too. It is already 24 years ago since she first had the most wonderful son in her world, and that’s you. Be happy on your day, and I hope to see you again soon, and to witness with my own eyes how wonderful you are as Onew who shines on stage with his SHINee members.

(this will be so cheesy but let me whisper a really soft “I love you” before ending this letter)

 

- Eloi, the one who hearts you. <3