Chapter 19: Rejected

Grenade

 

C H A P T E R 19

Rejected

 

* * *

 

The classes went on normally for Sooyoung, Jessica and Taeyeon. As for YoonA, she felt this weird contact to Taemin.

'Aigoo. What did I do?' YoonA thought, as she tried to think what she had done to cause Taemin's weirdness.

"Yah, Lee Taemin~ah." YoonA said, as she nudged him.

"What?" Taemin said, as he looked at her. His face showed, ridiculously, happy.

"Nothing. You change your mood so fast." YoonA said, as she felt happy because he was smiling.

Taemin just smiled at her, and he tried to focus on the lesson. YoonA sighed in relief as Taemin talked to her.

'If only I already made a move..' Taemin thought, as he sighed inside.

 

Time flew fast, and it was already their dismissal. The four girls walked together, as Taemin was behind them.

"Let's have a dinner tonight! With the oppas, and Yuri unnie!" YoonA shouted happily.

"Well, that's a good idea!" Taeyeon blushed, as she thought of seeing Onew dubu again.

"Someone's anticipating for it." Sooyoung teased, making Taemin and the girls laugh.

"Contact them, Taemin~ah. Tell them we'll meet them at the mall." Taeyeon commanded, as Taemin obediently followed her.

 

They all waited patiently for the others. The first one to arrive was Kibum, who was breathing really hard.

"Are you alright, oppa?" Taeyeon asked him.

"Neh. I just rushed here. Thank god Nicole is with her friends." Kibum explained, as he went to Sooyoung's side.

"Hey Nicole, oh. Kibum oppa!" Sooyoung teased, as he pinched her chubby cheeks.

"Ewww." Jessica and YoonA both said, as Kibum and Sooyoung just stuck their tongues out.

Then, after a few minutes, Jonghyun and Onew arrived. As usual, Onew went to Taeyeon, and gave her a warm hug.

"That's cheesy." Sooyoung and YoonA both said, as Onew and Taeyeon didn't mind them.

Jonghyun basically didn't know where to go, so he just stood behind Jessica. As he expected, Jessica changed her position. He just sighed.

'Just ask her to prom, and everything will be alright.' Jonghyun thought.

Then, the lovers arrived. Minho and Yuri arrived, hands intertwined. The group screamed, as they also blushed at what they saw.

"Yuri unnie and Minho oppa's sweetness is over to the top!" YoonA screamed, as Sooyoung and Jessica agreed.

"Then, our love's cheesy?" Taeyeon and Onew both said, as the three girls nodded.

 

The group, as usual, went to a very prestigious and high-classed restaurant. They all waited patiently at their food, and talked about prom.

"So, how's your prom date guys?" Yuri asked. She looked interested, since she missed their prom.

"Basically, Onew oppa is my date, and Sooyoung's Kibum oppa." Taeyeon blushed.

"Well, I didn't see that coming." Yuri teased, as she looked at YoonA.

"Taecyeon asked me." YoonA said, as Yuri smiled. She still remembered that YoonA has a crush on him.

"And?" She said.

"And he will be my prom date." YoonA blushed, as the girls screamed in happiness.

"Do girls always do that?" Onew said, as the boys practically put their hands on their ears.

"You guys ." Yuri said, as she stuck her tongue out to Minho.

"Whatever. So, Taemin, who will be your prom date?" Minho asked the silent Taemin. All of them looked at him, especially YoonA, who was interested.

"I asked Choi Sulli. And I'm waiting for her answer." Taemin lied. He didn't asked Sulli. He WILL ask her, since YoonA, his target prom date, already has a partner.

"Ooh, I'm definitely sure she will be your date." Sooyoung said, as Taemin faked his smile.

Jonghyun was about to ask Jessica, when their food arrived. They all ate their food silently.

After they finished, they decided to stay for awhile. That's when Yuri asked Jessica.

"Who will be your prom date, Sica?" Yuri asked, as all eyes were on Jessica.

"Well, no one asked me." Jessica said, with a sly laugh.

"I will." Jonghyun then blurted, making them freeze.

Jonghyun exchanged seats with YoonA, who was beside Jessica.

"Can I be your prom date?" Jonghyun then said, staring deeply in her beautiful eyes. She stared at his eyes too. She saw his determination and honesty.

She then broke the stare, as everyone looked at them, smiling.

"I cannot answer you yet. I have to ask first someone." Jessica excused, as the girls were in shock.

"You mean, Mr. J?" Sooyoung asked, as her eyes were widely opened.

Jessica nodded, and she began fiddling in her phone.

Jonghyun gulped. 'Shiz! I must do something.'

"Guys, I will just go to the bathroom." Jonghyun excused, as he hurried his way there. Jessica barely saw him leave, so Jonghyun sighed in victory.

"Okay, I texted him." Jessica smiled, as the boys panicked.

'Jonghyun must turn down the offer! Otherwise, Jessica will know he's Mr. J' Onew thought.

"Well, what did you texted him?" Yuri casually said.

"Here." Jessica said, as she handed her phone to her.

Good evening Mr. J. Are you free next week? I just want to ask you, if you can be my prom date. :) Love, Jessica ~

"You texted him this?" Yuri asked. Jessica nodded.

'Well, I hope he will turn down the offer.' Yuri thought, as she wanted Jonghyun to be Jessica's date.

 

Inside the bathroom, Jonghyun opened his spare phone. He then received the text.

"What will I say?!" He began to panic. He then received another text from Kibum.

Hyung, turn down the offer! I know you don't want to reveal to her that you're Mr. J!

"Well, thanks Kibum for the advice." He snapped, as he began fiddling his phone.

 

Jonghyun quickly went out of the bathroom, and saw his friends talking nonstop.

"What did I miss?" He asked cooly, as he took the seat beside Jessica.

"Well, they are currently celebrating because Mr. J had turned down my offer." Jessica said coldly, as she eyed her friends.

"Really?!" Jonghyun shouted, sounding so happy.

"Are you happy now?" Jessica said, irritated.

"Well, can I be your prom date?" Jonghyun then asked her again.

"Do you think I have a choice?"

 

Taemin excused himself, and he went to the balcony of the restaurant. As a concerned hyung, Minho followed him.

"Taemin-ah, what's bothering you?" Minho said, direct to the point.

"I'm alright, hyung." He replied.

"No, you're not. Tell me." Minho said.

"Well, I saw Taecyeon asked YoonA for prom, and YoonA said yes. I was about to ask her, but he was the first to make a move." Taemin then said. Minho smiled at him.

"What's wrong hyung?" Taemin asked innocently.

"I think our maknae's falling in love."



Author's notes: Basically, Jessica's prom date is JONGHYUN! :)) Yaay.
Sorry if this is not-so-good. But I assure you that the next chapters will be awesome! :DD
And, MinYul will not go to the prom :( But they will help the others. :)
Just wait for the prom to find out why Jessica and Jonghyun broke up! :)
And there's 2Min moment here! HAHAH. Lol :))