Chapter 9

My Sweet, Sunshiny Sister

I changed the subject quickly, but I knew this wouldn't be the last I'd hear about this.

"Wonnie, did you order my usual?"

He just stared at me with a raised eyebrow and a smirk, for a few seconds. "Yeah, of course, ______"

Thankfully, Ryeowook seemed oblivious to the atmosphere. He smiled at me and said, "I got the same thing Siwon ordered for you."

"Choco-nilla Cookie Mocha?" 

"Yeah! It sounds tasty, and I figured if you got it a lot, it'd probably be pretty good." 

"They should be coming soon, now that you mention it. I ordered your coffee, as well Heechul. Dark Roast, black, with cinnamon, right?"

"Of course, you always know what to order for me." I took this time to subtly insult both my brother and Heechul.

*coughcoughgaycoughcough* Siwon ran his tongue over his teeth and his mouth was unamused as if he had just scoffed. I covered my mouth with my wrist and just enough to hide my smirk from Heechul and Ryeowook and tilted my head so my bangs covered my eyes from them as well. I was even gladder that I did this, as Ryeowook began to pat my back lightly and rub his hand side to side.

"Are you okay?" he asked. 

"Yeah I'm okay Wookie, thanks." "No problem"  He still had his hand on my back, and I wasn't about to protest. I didn't even notice that the coffees had arrived until Heechul cleared his throat loudly and mentioned it .He took his coffee,  handed me mine, but he practically pushed Ryeowook's to him. It sloshed over a bit, but he caught it before it really spilt. Ryeowook seemed a bit uneasy after this, for obvious reasons. Heechul had no problem making it known that he didn't like a person without saying anything to him.

I was glad Heechul saw him as a threat, but worried at the same time. I'd have to keep a close eye to make sure Heechul didn't try anything funny. After that it just got awkward, to be honest. The amount of ill will at that table was overwhelming and everyone noticed it. Felt it. Physically as well as mentally, most likely. I was suffocating. I tried to finish my coffee quickly so we could just leave as soon as possible. I think everyone did that. This entire side of the cafe was practically eminating discomfort and bitterness.

Once everyone was finished we walked over to the cashier. Siwon covered everyone's bill. Ryeowook thanked him repeatedly, offered to treat him to something, sometime. Siwon laughed and told him he didn't have to, that it was pleasure to treat a new friend to something, besides, it was just some coffee. 

I knew Ryeowook would insist so I hooked arms with him and said, "It's okay! You can treat me sometime, Wookie!" 

"S-sure! Definitely, you've all been so kind to me even though we've just met, really. Thanks for making me feel so welcome. Really." his smile was so genuine, I felt myself blushing and Siwon and Heechul seemed at a loss for words.

"No need to thank us. We're glad to make a new friend. I'm sure we'll all become fast friends." Siwon flashed a smile and at that we all went to back to the car and got back into our respective seats. I just wanted to get back to school. This was such a terrible idea. 


This was such a ty chapter. I am so sorry. I will make up for it with the next one. I just really wanted to get this whole coffee house moment over with. Gomen gomen gomen