Chapter 10

My Sweet, Sunshiny Sister

The drive back to school was a little awkward. OK it was really awkward. I knew something was up with ______ and Heechul. She knows she can't be sneaky with me. I wonder if he asked her out or something. She'd say no of course, but Chul is not one to take 'no' for an answer. I could tell he was starting to lose his cool about Ryeowook, too. I wonder if he can sense how jealous Heechul is, how could he not? ______'s little plan to show him she wasn't interested in him had backfired awfully, and Ryeowook was unlucky enough to get caught up in the cross fire. I feel for the kid; I don't want Heechul to hate him, because I think we could all be really good friends. (Something told me he would get along pretty well with Donghae and Leeteuk.) 
 

As I was thinking all of this I almost missed the entrance to the school parking lot.
 

'Won? Where are you going? Turn in here!' 

Oh right, I was driving. I parked in my usual spot, and we all got out. ______ was smoothing out her skirt, Ryeowook was stretching, and Heechul had one hand in his pocket and the other was holding his phone up to his face. He tapped away at it with a cool expression, but he was irritated to say the least. We still had ten minutes before the bell rang. Ryeowook thanked me again, _______ hugged me and then dragged Ryeowook off without another word. l turned to Heechul trying to figure out a way to ask him. I'll just try and get him to tell me on his own.

'Somethin' wrong, man? You seem irritated.' He just stared at his phone for a few second before finally ressponding to me. He turned at me with calm, yet.....icy eyes.

'Just who is this new kid, Rangook?'

'Ryeowook.' I corrected him.

'Whoever, how do you two know him?' it felt like I was being interrogated, and he'd only asked me one question so far. 

'We bumped into him in the hallway and decided to introduce ourselves, and since he's in the same homeroom as ______, she took it upon herself to show him the ropes, so to speak.' I didn't feel the need to lie. I wasn't trying to help my sister hook up with Ryeowook at all. She doesn't need to corrupt an innocent kid like that. There's plenty of nice girls for him to choose from.

'They've only just met today? He seems a little too comfortable with her. I don't like the way he holds onto her like he does.'

'Uhm I don't think I've seen him grab her at all. ______ is the only one I've seen initiate any skinship.' 

'No, he's obviously holding onto her to make it look like that. She's not the type of girl to just cling on to anyone she's just met.'

'He's a good guy. I don't see anything suspicious about him.' 

'Aren't older brothers supposed to be protective of their young sisters around boys?'

'He doesn't look like the type of guy that a brother would need to worry about with his sister. Besides, she's a big girl; she can take care of herself.' I couldn't give a about what she does. I'm more worried about her infecting someone and ruining their life like she ruins mine. 

'Those are exactly the types you want to look out for.' He decided that this conversation was over and turned his heel, silently dismissing himself. 

What have I gotten myself into?