Lost

Finding...

chapter2

 

No one's POV*

 

-Flash back-

 

“Daddy?” The little boy whose is around 7 years old asked his father with a small voice.

“Yes...Daehyunie?” The older man reply with a fatherly smile and a caring eye, knowing something is off and wrong with his son. The boy is usually happy and over exited when he see his dad who's just got home from his work, but today something was different, the boy just standing in front of his father with an sadly expression on his face.

“Mommy die because of me right?” the little boy asked with a tear that start to formed around the corner of his eyes. The father's eyes wide in surprise from his son's question.

“No. It's wasn't because of you baby.” he said firmly and rubbed the boy's hair to comfort him which make the boy gradually smile. “And why did you sudden asked about this? Did someone say something about this to you?” he asked, wondering what made his son ask for such a thing.

“No... I just accidentally heard peoples were talking about this a lot lately... you know, about...about how mommy's die after giving a birth to me...” The little boy said as his face become teary again. By looking at the sight in front of him, he pulled the boy into his embrace, hugging his son tightly.

“No Daehyun, it's not your fault. Let me explain this to you... It's a natural thing that woman could die after giving birth to their child. Plus your mom is already weak due to her cancer, if it wasn't because of you, sooner or later she'll die anyway. We're even happy to know that you are going to be with me before she's gone. Be happy son...without you, I wouldn't be able to do anything...”

And that's why Daehyun does, he remained happy until one day, a day when he loose one of the factors that is the most important for him in order to live...

It's happened on the warm summer day when he's is 13 years old. It's a summer break and Daehyun and his dad decided to go to an amusement park to spend a part of their vacation together. They spent the morning trying out some of the plaything, then watching some of the show such as the seal show, the lion show, and then just walking around the park in the afternoon. While walking around, Daehyun's father notice his son was staring at the ufo catcher or the grabber machines that placed to the right of them. He knew that he son want those toys in the grabber machines but didn't ask for it. Daehyun always be too courteous, not only to his dad, but to everyone as well. He doesn't want to bother anyone with what he wanted even if they offered him to. This is why he was loved by most of the peoples who know him.

Without hesitation, Dahyun's father led him to the grabber machines.

“Tell me which one of these you want. I'll get it for you. And don't be afraid to ask son, I'm rich remember? Let’s me spoil you all I want and you can't said no~.” His father said in a playfully tone. At first he seemed to be indecisive, but then he smile and nodded. Then he pointed to the tiger inside a cabinet.

“So it's that one hah, isn't that is too easy? I'm going to show you my awesomeness, you better watch and learn son.” he said with a full of confident while slip the bills into the machine. He then, controlling a grabber to where the tiger was and pushing the “started” button. A grabber gradually lowered down to the tiger. A grabber grip off a little to the right on half of the tiger's head and fail to bring the it up which making Daehyun brush out laughing form his father's embarrassed.

“Yahh! How dare you laughing at me?! It's just a stupid mistake ok? I em-I closed my eyes on that one because I want to make it more challenging... Now I'll show you my true awesomeness!” he said

“Oh really dad~” Daehyun said, decided to tease his dad a little with a mimic gesture. With that, he slip in another bills, but again fail to bring it up and making Daehyun laugh even harder.

“Hahahaha. What's now daddy? ~” he teased

“Don't you see how close I am? I'm going to get this!” his father said, uncompromising. Then he tried for the third time... and fails for the third time too.

“Alright, one more time. I'm going to get it this time!” Mr. Jung said without giving up

“You don't have to do it this much for my dad, I already happy enough to see you tried for me.” Daehyun said with a bright smile that could make anyone happy by just seeing it.

“I know son, but I'll do anything that make you even happier, plus 4 is the good number.” he said, leaving suspect to his son.

“4? Why 4?” Daehyun asked

“Because 4 is the lucky number!~ Remember this son, you might not get things that you want or need for the first time, second time, or third time, but you might get it for the fourth time. Just don't give up. Life is not always pretty as we imagine. Now let's me try for the fourth time.~”

Slipping in another bill, he carefully controlling the grabber above the tiger's head, then passed the button. This time, the grabber drop directly on the tiger's head and grip on it tightly, successful to bring it up. Daehyun and his father jump in excitement before getting the tiger from the aperture and hug it happily.

“You're the best dad ever! I love you!” Daehyun said as he giving his father a kiss on his cheek.

“I know right? I love you too. ~ Think it's time to leave. What about we go get some food outside?” Mr. Jung asked and Daehyun just nodded, smiling cutely to the tiger in his arm.

As they're begin to walking off from the amusement park, it started to get crowded. His father keeps holding on his right hand tightly. Suddenly, someone was bumping into Daehyun due to the lack of space, making the tiger doll falling from his left hand and rolling off to the side of the road. Without thinking, he unclasp from his father's hand and running off to get the doll in the middle of the road, not notice that there's a car coming in his way.

“Daehyun!!!” His father shouted, making Daehyun who's about to pick up the tiger doll turned his head to look at him. His father quickly pull him into his embrace and turned his own back toward the car that's coming. Then he heard a loud hook...

Everything's happening to fast, at the blink of his eyes; he was being clash by a car with his father... Daehyun could feel his body rolling in his dad's embrace with him. Even the clash was powerful, Mr. Jung didn't seemed to give in. He hugged his son tightly, making sure that his son is safe, not caring about himself at all...

In less than a minute, all these things were happened. When everything seemed to ended, Daehyun braced himself to get up and surprise to find out that he was letting go of his father's embrace very easily. But what makes him more surprise is the body in front of him...

Mr. Jung was covered in a pool of blood... There's a blood leaking down from his head, his nose and his mouth. The impact of the clash had left an abrasion strip all over his body and Daehyun's too. But what's make Daehyun even more surprising is that; his dad wasn't breathing...

Daehyun's breaths become uneven at the sight of his father. Tears start to roll down from his face as the pains begin to subscribe to his body and to his heart as well... Then the next thing he see is the blackout...

That's the day he lost his father... Forever...

 

After Mr. Jung's death, the child protection foundation was looking forward for people to take care of him. As a result, nobody wanted to look after him.

Growing up in the family that his parents die from him, they thought he'll bring death to them...

It's wasn't until his father funeral that there's a person finally shown up to took care after him; Ms. Jung.

Ms. Jung is his father's sister who had been studying abroad in American, happening to come back after she heard that her brother's death. Just like Daehyun, she had nobody left accept him, her brother's lineage, making her sacrifice everything just for him. Ms. Jung love Daehyun like he was her own son. She didn't believe the facts that Daehyun will bring jinx to her. Even if she does, she wouldn't care; that's what she told him. She slowly work her way out of Daehyun who had turned to be depressed after his father's death. It's took her for years to reduce the pain inside of Daehyun. She didn't forced him to do anything he doesn't want to, believing that patient will recovered the pain away, a little by a little, until there's none left.

And she does it, she successfully bring him back to the same person, the boy who's bland and lovely. Daehyun and Ms. Jung had been living together like a mother and son. They're always helping out and trust each other no matter what will happen, they are happy to be with each other’s.

They are together for 6 years and Daehyun was now 19years old. He had been happy throughout the past couple years. But then again, fate didn't favor him much... The bad senses that he used to experience, was now came back to haunt him again.

It’s happening in the pass three day… not too long ago…

“Honey, are you sure you’re alright?” Ms. Jung said to Daehyun; who was lying weakly in the bed.

“I’m alright mom (the phrase that he used to call her because she told him to). I’m just a little tired.”  He said

“You didn’t seem like to me.” She said tapping the back of her hand against his forehead “Oh my goddess! You are running a fever!”

“I’m ok, really” he said with a weak voice

“Baby, you’re not. You know what, stay here still. I’m going to buy you a medicine, I’ll be right back” she said, hurried out of the room, making Daehyun didn’t even have a time to protest. He sighs, with the eyes that begin to get heavier and heavier, he slowly drifts off to a dreamland.

When Daehyun woke up, Ms. Jung hasn’t come back yet. He begin to looked around and notice that the sun’s raising now. He quickly grab his phone and call her but she didn’t pick up. Then he looked at the watch to check for the time that she had been gone.  It’s had been 4 hours now and Daehyun begin to get worried. With a sore body, he forced to push himself up. He quickly grabbed his jacket and makes his way toward the front door to go looking out for Ms. Jong. Just when he was about to get out from the house, his phone vibrated in his pocket. With the thought that it's could be Ms. Jong, he's hurried pick up his phone, anxiety.

“Hello. This is calling from the police station. Are you the relative of the victim, Ms. Jung?” the voice of the man speaks up and Daehyun are frozen... 'Victim? What is happened to her?' He thought

“Yes I am, what happened?!” he asked

“I will tell you what is happened but before I do that, please calm yourself down from what I'll tell you next.” he said, then continue “Around 4 pm today, there is a person reporting to us about her death body in the dark alley. When we arrive at the scene, we were checking for the surrounding evidence and it's seemed like she's got robbed and killed…”

After hearing what was happened, he was shock…  He couldn’t believe it… How could this happen to him again? At this point, he had no slender strength left. He let himself fall down to the cold floor. Tears steam down on his face. The sudden feeling of sadness quickly attacking deep down in his side of his chest along with the headache from the previous fever; all stormed into him at the same time. He didn’t have self-control anymore as he let himself screamed, hard…

And here he is…

 Losing the third person he loves in a roll…

 

-End of flashback-

 

It’s been four days now since Ms. Jung had passed away.  Daehyun’s now standing in front of the three peoples that he loved the most is grave.  His cloths were all wet from the current raining but he didn’t bother to move himself even an inch. The weather is freezing cold but he didn’t care... he just wanted to kill himself and die so that they’ll meet again but he couldn’t… he had promise  to Ms. Jung that he would not do anything like that when his father were passed away.

The sky is now starting to get darker and darker. Finally, he let himself stepping away from the graveyard. While he was walking, he feels very dizzy. It’s because of his fever that started to get worst and worst, but then again, he wouldn’t care. Just like he thought before, he wanted to die… so he let the fever takes over him so that he would getting sick to death and won’t be left out alone…

As he was walking out of the corner of the road, he could see the light behind it. He knew that it’s coming from a car that’s coming on his way. Before he could do anything, he was covered by the dark…

That’s the last thing he know before the blackout suddenly take over him…

 

TBC.

 


Author note:

HELLO~  finally I got to updated the story!

I haven't been able to write a story lately because i have to help my mom woking at her band new salon everyday! so I wasn't able to write a story as much but guess what? I just got a computer set up at the salon~ so yup, I could write a story everyday from now on if  I don't have as much work at school.

And as you could see, I tried my best to write angst and I think I failed to write it Y_Y~

My English is , so sorry for my story. I'll try to make it better so please bear with it~

thank you for reading~

bap_fan