Reminiscing

That Thin Line

 

HANNAH POV

 

I have a date with the girls today and I insisted on meeting them here at Baskin Robins because I am craving for ice cream these past few days. Deciding on what flavor of ice cream I will be getting, I started tapping my forefinger on my chin while pouting when a group of girls approached me.

“Hannah ssi?” I tore my eyes away from the selection and acknowledged the girls beside me.

“Yes?” I smiled and their faces lit up. They started nudging one another to talk to me.

“What can I do for you?” I asked.


“Uhm… sorry for bothering you but can you please sign this for me?” One of the girls answered meekly while showing me an issue of a Japanese Magazine where Keiko’s designs were featured including snap shots of my wedding. Hyukjae and I gave the magazine the permission to release some of our photos since my wedding gown and the clothes of the whole entourage were designed by Keiko. It is our way of showing our appreciation for Keiko’s works. We didn’t allow any media on the ceremony, keeping it as private as possible. The wedding took place at a chapel in Jeju which is overlooking the sea, only our family members and closest friends were there. Other friends, colleagues and acquaintances were invited for the after party. Since it was private, there are no other pictures released except for the pre-nuptial, press releases and the boy’s posts on twitter. 

“You want me to sign this for you?” I asked her again just to confirm if I heard it right. She nodded and the rest of the girls took the same kind of magazine out from their bags too.

After giving my order to the clerk, I asked him if he can just serve it to the table and he said it is fine. I sat on one of the tables on the side of the store and started flipping throught the pages of the magazine, bringing all the memories of my wedding day back. Three months. I’ve been Mrs. Lee Hyukjae for three months now.

I am reminiscing the moments when I noticed that the girls are just standing beside me. I told them to sit on the empty chairs while I am signing the magazine. It is kind of awkward doing this since I am not really used to it especially because I am not an artist. After I am done signing the covers, they said their thanks, best wishes and bid me goodbye leaving me another copy of the magazine. Keiko hasn’t sent me the complimentary copy yet, maybe it slipped her mind because she is having some personal issues lately.

As I scan through the pages, I noticed that almost all of it are candid shots and I am surprised to see the captions on each photo.

A shot of me having my hair and make-up done by the stylist while Leeteuk oppa is on the side, taking our picture through the mirror and a selca of us with Inyoung Eonni before the wedding march with a caption: ‘Jungsoo, noona and my princess… so gorgeous.. Superior Genes :P Lee Hyukjae is a lucky man.’ – (photo taken by: Loving Brother Park Jungsoo/SJ Leader Leeteuk)

 One photo wherein Hyukjae is squatting infront of the twins and they are playing rock, paper and scissors has the caption: ‘Hyung can’t even win a game of rock, paper of scissors against his sons… too nervous ehh?? Kkkk’ – (photo taken by: The Evil Maknae Cho Kyuhyun *evil laugh*)

Another photo has Hyukjae, Junsu and Donghae in it talking in front of the altar. They have no idea that someone is taking a picture of them. And the caption made me suppress a laugh. ‘The groom and his best men : The Best Friend Kim Junsu and Guy no.3 Lee Donghae’ – (photo taken by: The Evil Maknae Cho Kyuhyun *striking again*)

A photo of some of the boys (Changmin, Kyuhyun, Shindong, Yesung, Yoochun, Sungmin) and the twins saluting seriously (but it is obvious with the glint on their eyes that they are smiling) to Heechul and Kangin when the two arrived on the venue has the caption: ‘Members who are serving our country arrived. So proud of my hyungs… SALUTE!’ – (photo taken by: Eternal Maknae Kim Ryeowook)

Heechul oppa also contributed a selca with me taken during the reception and the caption says: ‘Self –apponted brother reporting for duty!’

A very nice and breathtaking shot of the chapel overlooking the sea, Hyukjae kissing me infront of everyone while the twins are sitting on the concrete steps staring at us with wide eyes , Jinyoung and Yoochun trying to cover their eyes while the other people have different reactions, judging from what is caught by the camera, I am sure that the girls are giggling, the parents have a satisfied smile on their faces, the boys’ reaction range form grinning to cringing. The photo impressed me, it captured a very special moment, I actually thought that it is a work of a professional photographer but I was wrong when I read the caption: ‘God Bless this beautiful family.’ – (photo taken by: Choi Siwon)

I giggled after reading it, that is Choi Siwon, alright.

 As I flip through the pages, I saw a lot of pictures that I haven’t seen yet. I think they purposely hid the pictures for this magazine to surprise everyone, even me. Pictures of me and the girls (Yoomi, Nayoung, Keiko, Victoria and Seyoon), of the kids playing with the petals (Jiyoon, Jihoon, Jieun and Jaehyun), of the twins playing on the Ipad2 with Kyuhyun, of me, Donghae and Jinyoung, pictures with our parents, group picture of the boys and about 5 more candid shots during the ceremony.

On the last page, I saw a picture of myself, just the side profile of my face but the happiness is evident from the smile that reached my eyes. Judging from the photo, the one who took it is beside me. And I was right. On the caption, it says:  ‘A promise of forever… my other half.’ – (photo taken by: A Man in Love Lee Hyukjae)

 

“Reminiscing?” I heard Yoomi’s voice beside me and several giggles after the comment. I turned around and saw the girls with a teasing smile playing on their lips.

“Moments like these are worth reminiscing for. And you are late.” I said as they sat on the vacant chairs.

“I have a reason, I went to my OB-GYNE for a check-up. You don’t want your godchild to be sick right?” Victoria reasoned while caressing her protruding belly. She is 6 months on the way.

“Tsk. You heard that Nikka? Your mom is using you against me.” I complained to her unborn child.

“Are you seriously talking to her belly?” Nayoung asked jokingly.

“Talking with the unborn child is good for the child’s development. Same with listening to music during pregnancy.” Yoomi explained being a Psychologist who majored in Child Development.

“Oh! You haven’t seen anything yet, Nayoung. If you only witnessed how Hannah talked with the twins during her pregnancy, you will freak out. Nichkhun and I did, especially because we don’t know how to deal with preggies back then.”

“I may look like crazy back then but look at my boys, they are so smart and handsome now.” I said proudly.

“Them being handsome is because of the genes, dear.” Yoomi laughed.

“Yeah! Superior genes!” Nayoung laughed pointing at the exact words Leeteuk oppa stated in the magazine.

“Anyway, have you heard from Keiko?” Victoria asked me. I shook my head.

“The last time she contacted me was three days ago. She is planning to go to Paris and stay there for the mean time.” I informed them.

“Excuse me, ma’am. Here is your order.” The clerk interrupted and served two bowls of ice cream.

“You already ordered for us? How nice of you.” Yoomi said as she scoops the chocolate ice cream.

“That’s mine.” I said. She placed the spoon back and tried getting a scoop form the vanilla flavored one.

“That’s mine too. But I don’t want it anymore, I’ll just buy a new one.”  I pouted and asked the clerk for a strawberry flavored one.

Yoomi and Victoria stared at me and glanced at each other while Nayoung and Seyoon are already enjoying the vanilla ice cream.

“Now back to Keiko…” Nayoung said.

“I thought Yunho will try to talk to her since he will have a longer time in Japan because of the promotions.”

“As if Keiko will talk about it. Believe me she won’t. With the way she acts now, she is actually reminding me of someone I know.” Victoria said eyeing me.

“I got the message.” I rolled my eyes.

“How about if we tell Yunho?” Seyoon asked.

“Keiko will kill us.” Yoomi said and I nodded. 

 

 

We spent the whole day roaming around the mall, buying anything that caught our attention. When we reached the section for baby’s clothes, Victoria is more than excited. I, too started enjoying window shopping and before I can even notice it, I am already on the counter paying for a couple of baby dresses. It was like an unconscious act, in the end, I gave all of it to Victoria.

After a couple of minutes, we decided to rest so we went to Jinyoung’s café. Jinyoung opened a new branch here at the mall. As soon as I sat on the chair, my phone rang.

“Where are you?” Jaejoong oppa said on the other line.

“At the mall with the girls, why?” I asked.

“Hyukjae called me this morning, he said you are asking for me and Heechul. I was busy the whole day so I can only meet you today. Why are you asking for me anyway, you need something?”

“No. I just want to see you and Heechul oppa. But oppa is busy with his service. I am at the mall, you can’t go here. Let’s just meet at home.” I said since we are now living on the same apartment complex. So basically, our family are neighbors with Jaejoong oppa, Junsu and the Horvejkul couple.

“Okay then, see you later. I’ll cook dinner, some of the boys are dropping by too. You can invite the girls with you” He said.

“I will. Bye oppa Drive safely”  I said and hung up.

“Oppa is preparing dinner for everyone. He is inviting you guys”  I informed them.

“I’m okay with it.” Seyoon said.

“I’m in.” Nayoung agreed.

“Oppa who?” Yoomi asked.

“Jae-“ I started.

“I have to go somewhere.” She interrupted.

“Come on Yoomi.” Victoria convinced her.

“Let her be. I think she has issues with oppa, she’s not telling me.”  I said and shrugged.

“If we are going to eat there then I think there is no need for us to stay here.” Seyoon said.

“I’m hungry.” I said and scanned the menu. There goes the exchange of glances between Yoomi and Victoria again.

 

 

 

----------------------------

Sorry for keeping you guys waiting. Busy with work and I can't even vote for SJ in a daily basis now. :(

Short update, but i promise to update again later today of tomorrow ^^

Santa U are the one and Oppa has risen is <3.

 

Just a question... What else do you want to read in this story? Your ideas might help me to update faster. LOL.