I am the only man that can make you happy

That Thin Line

 

 

"Ready?" Hyukjae asked the five boys at the backstage after Keiko helped him with his suit.

"Whenever you are." Junsu passed him his microphone and wished him good luck.

Hyukjae took a deep breath, calming his nerves and collecting more courage. He really needs a lot of it now. After a few seconds he faced the boys, who are looking intently at him, silently giving their support. This is not a time for them to make fun of Hyukjae, they all thought. They wanted to add a little more spice for the event but they believe that of all times, this is the one wherein they need to get serious.

"Let's do this." Hyukjae declared, his eyes full of determination. The other guys took it as a cue, they gave him a thumbs-up before putting their earpieces on.

Hyukjae was about to enter the stage when Keiko spoke.

"Hey rumor buddy! Aren't you forgetting something? Don't tell me you are going up there without this." Keiko waved a black velvet box infront of him.

"Oh !"

DBSK shook their heads while covering their grins with their hand, trying not to laugh at their friend. He sure is nervous.

 

 

 

HANNAH POV

A few minutes past and the boys are still randomly playing with fans, accepting gifts from them. Kyuhyun, Donghae and the twins are on the aisle of the stage, fussing over the toy that the fans gave the twins. Some of the boys are roaming around and shaking fans’ hands and signing autographs. Everything was just so random that the boys will start singing a song and everyone will join them. When the lights dimmed, every one became silent for a while.

“Dance Time!” Sungmin’s voice echoed jokingly earning a giggle from the crowd. The rest of the Suju boys went down the stage and sat on the floor at the empty space on the VIP area, they have this excited aura surrounding them. Kyuhyun even took his video camera from their manager before sitting with the boys.

Then suddenly, music filled the air and everyone remained silent. After a few notes, I felt a tight grip on my hand. Yoomi is holding it tight. Of course, I know why. This song…

“Omo!” I heard Taeyeon from the back.

“Who is going to sing this?” Minho asked no one in particular.

As if answering Minho’s question, the spotlight revealed Hyukjae at the center stage, breath takingly handsome in his suit. With eyes closed, he sang the first line of the song full of emotions… My favorite song…

‘Doue kimi wo suki ni natte shimattan darou…’  (Why did I end up falling for you?)

Hyukjae opened his eyes and stared straight at me. He stopped singing the song but some voices are still singing to it in a lower volume, giving Hyukjae a chance to say something with the song being a faint background music.

 

‘Donna ni toki ga nagarete mo kimi wa zutto 
 Koko ni iru to omotteta noni
 Demo kimi ga eranda no wa chigau michi’

 

“I really don’t know why but the moment I saw you, the moment that I saw you smile at me the first time we saw each other when Leeteuk hyung introduced you to us, you had already stirred some emotions inside of me.” He said covering the heart breaking parts of the lyrics with his words. The song is in Japanese so I believe not all people in the venue can understand this. While me, I know the song by heart. Much more now that I can feel the emotions from him while singing the song and saying his speech. And yes, I have the idea where this thing is leading.

 

‘Doue kimi ni nani mo tsutaerarenakattan darou’

‘Mainichi maiban tsunotteku omoi’ (Everyday and night growing emotions)
‘Afuredasu kotoba’ (And words overflow)

 ‘Wakatteta noni
  Mou todokanai’

“Starting from that day on, I found myself thinking about you. The growing emotions…and the next thing I knew, I have fallen in love with you.” He said while making his way to the part of the stage in front of us. He reached out to me but I was too stunned with what is going on that I didn’t even have the right mind to react and I just found myself glued to my seat. He took note of my reaction, a small grin plastered on his face as he jumped off the stage and stood exactly in front of me as he started singing again.

‘Hajimete deatta sono hi kara’ (Since that day I first met you)
‘Kimi wo teita ki ga tanda’ (I felt like I already knew you)


‘Amari ni shizen ni tokekonde shimatta futari’ (You and I melded into each other so smoothly)  While singing this, he gazed at the twins, ruffling their hair in the process. Then he looked back and me with a wink, sending this message that only the two of us can understand.

‘Doko ni iku nori mo issho de kimi ga iru koto ga touzen de’ (It was natural for me to be where you were)

‘Bokura wa futari de otonaninatte kita
Demo kimi ga eranda no wa chigau michi

Doue kimi wo suki ni natte shimattan darou

Donna ni toki ga nagarete mo kimi wa zutto
Koko ni iru to omotteta noni
Mou kaerenai’

While the five boys are singing back stage, of course I know it was them they might sound the same as the recorded audio but I am a fan and I knew better judging from Yoomi’s gasp and grasp when they started singing, Hyukjae held my hand and stared lovingly.

“I always want to be on the place where you were because just the mere sight of you makes me happy. The five years of being a thousand miles away from you, without you by my side, it was pure hell. It is because by your side is the place where I want to stay forever.”

‘Tokubetsuna imi wo motsu kyou wo’ (The special meaning held by this day) He sang while caressing my cheeks. I just noticed that from the moment he appeared on stage, I haven’t budged even for a bit yet. I was totally hypnotized.

‘Shiawase kao de tatsu kyou wo
Kireina sugata de kami sama ni negatteru kimi wo

Boku janai hito no tonari de
Shukufukusareteru sugata wo
Boku wa douyatte miokureba ii no darou

Doue kimi ga suki ni natte shimattan darou
Ano koro no bokura no koto
Mou modorenai (kangaeta kangaeta)


Doue kimi no te wo tsukami ubaenakattan darou
Donna ni toki ga nagarete mo kimi wa zutto
Boku no yoko ni iru hazu datta (sono mama ni)

Soredemo kimi ga boku no soba hanareteite mo’

‘Eien ni kimi ga shiawase de iru koto’ (I'm praying that you)
‘Tada negatteru’ (May be happy for eternity)

After singing his part, the music stopped. I know that there is still a part after his, but they didn’t proceed. Instead, Hyukjae repeated the last three lines that he sang in Korean so that everyone can understand.

“The special meaning held by this day… I'm praying that you … May be happy for eternity”

“Call me conceited but I believe and I know that I am the only man that can make you happy…So Park Hannah, will you marry me?” He asked lovingly while looking straight at me with those mesmerizing doe eyes of his. An excited shriek from the crowd filled the venue the moment they heard the question, it is as if everyone is dreading to hear it. Still stunned with what is happening, I was speechless the only reaction they got from me was the tears threatening to fall. And it did.

Hyukjae brushed the tears from my cheeks. I know for a fact that he already knows my answer judging from the smile on his lips. But he still went on…

“Babe, don’t cry. I promised your parents that I will not make you cry. Look now, appa is glaring at me.” He said. I thought that he is serious so I glanced at my father’s direction. I pinched Hyukjae on the side after hearing him chuckle. My father is far from being angry, he is actually all smiles. Hyukjae took my hands on his and kissed it. “I love you… very…very… much.” He said as he held my hands close to his chest. “Feel that?” He asked and I nodded with tears in my eyes. I think they are right, I am such a crybaby. 

“AAWWWWWWWW!” Hyukjae yelped as he released my hands and started rubbing his thighs. It turns out that the twins had bitten him on the things.

“OMO~” I heard the SNSD girls’ amused reaction and Shinee’s laugh from the back. And because everything is shown on the VCR, the fans reacted the same way.

“Appa! Eommy crying! Bad!” Jiyoon scolded his father.

“Eommy crying.. No playmates.” Jihoon pouted.

The twins tugged Hyukjae’s pants and whined. “Appa! We want Playmates!” “Playmates!” “Say Sorry!” they chanted.

“Wait a minute you boys.” Hyukjae said and passed the twins to the other Suju members. “Watch and don’t interrupt again. If you did, no chocolates for a week.” He reprimanded but the twins just giggled at him.

“Babe, everyone is waiting for the happy ending.” Hyukjae said to me. Leeteuk oppa who is seated on the floor, hit Hyukjae’s legs.

“Yah! Do it properly!” He said.

“Ask her again, she is too stunned to even react a while ago.” Yoomi commented. Seriously guys, I am here.

“In the presence of my whole family…” He started again as he roam his eyes around the venue making a point that everyone present is his family. “…and yours…” He said nodding to my parents.

“I, Lee Hyukjae, promise to love and take care of you forever and promise to give our twins a lot of playmates if you will just take me.”  Hyukjae took something out from his pocket, he kneeled in front of me as he opened the black velvet box revealing a gorgeous diamond ring. “Will you stay forever by my side and be my wife?”

As an answer, I pulled him up and gave him a firm kiss on the lips. He placed his hand around my waist and pulled me even closer and deepened the kiss. Action speaks louder than words. Cheers and applause went on from the crowd while some of the boys whistled jokingly.

When we separated from the kiss, that is the only time I agreed to his proposal verbally, giving him a ‘Yes’ that only the two of us can hear. He engulfed me in a hug and I saw on the VCR how he give everyone on the crowd a thumbs up and mouthed ‘thank you’.  All of a sudden, fireworks filled the sky resulting for me to look up in awe.

“Just the way you like it.” Hyukjae placed his chin on my shoulder as he hug me from behind.

“Happy?” He asked as he spun me around to face him.

“Very much.” I smiled and peck him on the lips. “Thank you, babe.”

“Anything for you.”

He is about to place the ring on my finger when I remembered something. “Babe, I-“ He didn’t wait for me to finish as he slipped the ring on my finger.

“No you don’t” He replied as if he knows what I am trying to say. He pointed at the twins and I saw them happily munching on a bar of chocolate, their jackets gone revealing the couple ring that I am searching for this morning.

“You are so sneaky!”

“But you love me anyway.” He said teasingly.

“Yes, I do. You have problems with that Mr. Lee Hyukjae?” I arched my eyebrows, acting irritated.

“No, I don’t. In fact I love it, Mrs. Lee Hyukjae.”

“I am not yet your wife.”

“Don’t worry, you will be… next week.”

“Next week??!!” I exclaimed.

“Yeah, you have problems with that my dear fiancée?” He arched his eyebrows, imitating what I did.

“No, I don’t. In fact I love it my dear fiancé.” I grinned and he pulled me for another kiss.

“They really need to get married soon.” I heard Kyuhyun complain as they went up on stage for their final bow.

“I agree, they just can’t get enough of each other. Greasy~” Donghae agreed while looking at us and ‘cringed’.

“Now go!” I pushed Hyukjae to follow the rest of the boys up.

“See you backstage.” He said and gave me another kiss.

“Oh man! Stop it!” Minho and Key complained as they pushed Hyukjae away.

 

“Singing a Japanese song in front of Koreans… A Super Junior member singing a Tohoshinki song in front of ELF… Turning a heart breaking song to a proposal… Love sure does make a person do unimaginable things.” Leeteuk oppa commented. “And that same love has brought ELF and Super Junior together for a long time. Six years and counting. Let’s continue being strong for each other until we cover the whole world with the sapphire blue color. ELF, kamsahamnida!” He concluded and all the members did a 90 degrees bow to the crowd.

“Urineun Super Juni--  “

“eo – i- e –yo!” they said while doing their famous hand gesture.

“Urineun ELF i-e-yo!” their fans replied.

Hyukjae is right. This is his family and I will be officially part of it next week.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

 

----------------------------------------------------

For those who don't know, Doue is really a heart breaking song. But it is Hannah's favorite song so Hyukjae did his best to use it for the proposal. If you noticed the bold parts, those are the only lines that he sang. If you put it all together, it is perfect for a proposal :)

I am not planning to write anything about the wedding but this is not yet the last chapter, don't worry.

I am planning to write a spin-off... We have possible couples in the story^^

Speaking of spin-off... check out Be My Baby  by hyunju . it is Leeteuk's story, and yes, Hannah and Hyukjae is also there with the rest of the members :)

I am planning to say a lot of things but I forgot what am I suppose to say.

I apologize for keeping you waiting...