Chapter 3

Stuck In The Moment

I don't know what I want with my life. Let's be honest, who does?

Ohhhh. Wait a second! HE does! 

Chan knows that he is going to do in the future. Probably something in the medical field. That's admirable and all, but I feel so lost. 

He's a junior. He's an upperclassman. He knows what he wants to do with his life and his future. He's thinking about colleges and all that good stuff. He's going to leave in 2 years. When he's a senior, I will be a struggling junior, busy with life. 

WHAT AM I THINKING?

I need to get over this boy. Why should I be hung up over him if he's got plans?

I, on the other hand, have no plans. I don't know what I'm going to major in or what profession I should take up. I just don't know anything. 

All I know is that I want him to be a part of my life. But at this point, it truly does seem like a lost cause. 

"Cassi, can you listen to me for like two seconds?" Laura snapped. 

"Ah! Sorry, got lost in my own thoughts for a second. You were saying?" As Laura continued with her mindless rant about how no boys like her (sound familiar? hehe), I emptied my backpack into my locker. Laura is one of my best friends. She's sweet and is probably the crazier, white version of myself. However, she does tend to only discuss her personal life. Sometimes, she will ask about me, but most of the time, we only talk about her. I guess I'm okay with that since I'm not too much of a revealing person, but at the same time, it's nice to be listened to once in while. I have other close friends, but she's the one I talk to the most. 

"So then, I was all like, stop it! Right? He's so annoying!" Laura gushed. She always gushed when she talked about the guy she liked.

"Yup. Uh-huh." 

The bell for homeroom was going to ring soon so we parted ways as she needed to go to her locker as well. 

This is where I usually go to the library to look for him- er, do any last minute homework before school started. And just my luck, today of all days, he was sitting there alone. As I was making my way toward him, I stopped suddenly as Shelley appeared out of nowhere and sat down.

GRRR. That girl! Honestly! As one of my best friends, why can't she understand that I'm extremely jealous all the time?

I continued to walk there and plopped down next to them anyway.

"Hey, guys." They abruptly stopped conversing and smiled at me. 

Sorry for being such a mood killer. It seemed as if they couldn't continue their conversation with me there, but I was way too determined to leave them alone. What were they even discussing so intimately?

Chan turned away from the table and began talking to one of his friends as the bell rang for homeroom. Shelley and I got up to leave. 

There was nothing going on here right?

But then again, Min did tell me he liked a girl from his Bible study group.