Prologue: Part 1

Stuck In The Moment

The first time I saw him, I knew there was something different about him.

Yeah, yeah. I know what you're thinking: That has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. 

There's something about him. I've never really talked to him but I'm just attracted to him. Is that weird? Yeah... it's kind of weird and obsessive and crazy that's fine I"ll tell -- oops, sorry. I'll try not to burst into random Taylor Swift songs. 

Where was I? Oh, yeah. 

So do you think it's weird to like a boy you've never talked to before? If it wasn't me, I'd think it was weird, too. C'mon girls, let's be real here. You have all, at one point in your life, crushed on a guy who didn't even know your name. Unless that's just me. Because if it is, I'll just shut up now.

His name is Chandler, and he is absolutely perfect. Except for one thing. Now, don't get me wrong here, because I do not mean to offend, at all. He is so religious. He goes to church at least three times a week, and I have never even thought for once that religion could be such a huge part of someone's life. I just don't get it. Praying to an almighty God? Reading a bible? What's that all about? 

Please don't get me wrong. It's not that I'm against religion, it's that it has never been a huge part of my life. My entire family isn't religious. In fact, my parents think it's stupid to believe in something you can't even see. Someone once made an argument: if you can't see love, how can you believe in it? Well. Touche. 

Anyway, back to Chan, as his friends call him. Not that I would know, since he probably doesn't remember me. Now I know what you're thinking. Remembering involves knowing in the past. Yes, Chan and I do have a history. When we were little kids, all the children in our neighborhood would hang out during the summer and ride our bikes or go to each other's houses. But eventually, people began to move out of the neighborhood, myself included. 

Ten years later and we're reunited in high school. 

It's like fate wanted us to be together, right? Oh, but I was so, so wrong. Nothing is written out for us. Absolutely nothing. I'm sure he doesn't even remember my name or how we spent two years in our childhood together. When I see him in the hallway, he doesn't even glance my way. We haven't talked in forever and all I want is to be friends again.

Is that so much to ask?