Seven || The Forbidden Boy

The Forbidden Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Having in shifting in and out of consciousness, finally Jieun had to force herself to flutter her eyes open. Though her visions a little blurry that problem of hers was nothing compared to the heavy feeling inside her head. It was like 10 tons of rocks were added inside of hers, that she could barely move. Jieun was about to rubbed her eyes, but then she failed to do so. Her right wrist was locked by some unknown pressure, which she had to hoist herself up a little to peer at her hand. It took her a whole ten seconds before she realized that someone’s hand was secured around her, and apparently it belonged to the stranger lying next to her.

Jieun couldn’t make out his face; all she could see was a tousled nest of blonde hair. Then everything rushed inside her brain. “I’m drunk,” she thought of. “In bed with a man…” Her eyes grew wide struck as she stared at the stranger. “This is bad. EXTREMELY BAD.” She told herself over and over as she tried to free herself from him. After trying a couple of times, he finally let loose, and Jieun freed herself. Enduring the drilling pain inside her head, and the fact that she couldn’t even keep her balance straight, she quickly spotted her purse on the table. Grabbing all of her things, she rushed outside the door, running to the elevator as she dashed towards her hotel room.

Sweating bullets, Jieun panted hard, as she tried to calm herself. She wanted to do something to momentarily stop her problems, but having a one night stand isn’t something she planned to do. “God Jieun! How stupid can you be?” She scolded herself, as she wiped the sweat on her forehead. The elevator door opened, and Jieun quickly dragged herself out the hall, and into her room.

Sprawling on her bed, she didn’t think anymore of the stranger. For her, everything would just be a bad dream tomorrow, and sadly, she’d be back to her miserable self. “Good night Jieun,” she whispered as she closed her eyes.

 

The light was streaming out from the glass door when Jieun stirred from her sleep. Shifting at the other side of the bed, she tried to sleep once more, but the light was blinding her, that Jieun had no choice but to flicker her eyes and aroused herself from her slumber. Yawning, she stretched her body out. She elevated from her bed, and leaned against the headboard, as the aching inside her head becomes apparent. “What the hell did I even do last night?” Jieun murmured as she massaged her temples.

Oblivious to earlier events, she struggled to stand up, and make her way to the bathroom. Jieun gasped as she stared at her dreadful reflection. Her mascara was slightly smudged, her hair looked like a bird’s nest, and there were dark circles under her eyes. Wanting to alleviate the problem, she opens the faucet, and splashed some water on her face. When she was done, she grabs hold of a towel, and wiped the make-up off her face. Satisfied with the result, she paced towards the living room.

The knife from yesterday was nowhere to be found and Jieun had a strong feeling that the housekeeper might have already disposed of it. She lolled herself on the sofa, with one hand on her forehead, and the other hanging lazily at the side.

“What’s on your mind?” She asked herself, mimicking the familiar statement she sees on Facebook. First she thought of how getting wasted wasn’t a great idea after all. Though she had strong tolerance on alcohol, it was rare for her to get drunk like this, that she barely remembers anything from last night. Now she knew how Jiyeon feels whenever she complains about her hangover.

Another thing that bothered her so much was the stranger next to her. Jieun couldn’t really remember interacting with any man other than the bartender. “Did I just got pick by some randome stranger? Did I just sleep with him?... When did I even get so cheap?” She asked herself those, thinking to herself how did she even get to this stage. Jieun didn’t even need to think deeply about the answer of her question. There was only one reason why she became like this. “Kai,” she mumbled.

Getting drunk, sleeping with random guys, acting like a cheap woman. Jieun wondered how he would feel if he saw her now. Then a tear left her eye, she couldn’t even fathom the back that she sunk so low after what happened. She held herself with dignity before and now here she was acting the total opposite of herself.

Just like the ending of her love, her life also did. Jieun lost her smiles and her spirit. She knew Kai was a big part of her life, and with his adulterous move, it was like a big chunk of her heart was taken off. “Are you going to be satisfied when you see me like this?” She said. “Are you satisfied how you always make me cry every day? How heartbroken I feel right now?” Jieun was unaware of her tears, until she felt wetness on the side of her cheeks. She made no move to dab them. Instead she let them out, just like any other night. There was only one sentence to describe her now… “I am broken beyond repair.”

“Kai, you’ve wrecked me.”

Jieun sniffed as a whole set of tears fell from her eyes. She would’ve cried harder, if it weren’t for the telephone ringing out of nowhere. Calming herself, she wiped her tears, and swiftly sat. Grabbing the telephone she answered, and was greeted by a woman’s pleasant heavily accented voice. “Good morning ma’am,” she said in English. “What would you like for lunch today? The weather is great today ma’am and taking it by the pool would be splendid,” she said amiably.

For some reason, the woman kind of suggested her, the greatest idea possible, that Jieun couldn’t help but smile, and said. “Sure, I think that would be good,” she said softly as she set down the telephone.

“You’re in Bali Jieun, might as well get the best of it,” she said, prepping herself up, as she gently slap her cheeks, and set out to her luggage, thanking God she remembered to pack some bathing suit. For the remaining half an hour, she packed herself some lotion, towels, sunglasses, and other random stuff that she might need for later.

She fixed her hair into a pony tail, and wore a floral sundress over her yellow polka dot bikini. Satisfied with how she looked, she walked out of the hallway and into the elevator. She briefly had a flashed of how she was here earlier, but the memory was quickly forgotten when a tall handsome blonde man rode inside the elevator.

Jieun clutched her bag, for some reason she felt nervous about the stranger. Even under his dark sunglasses, she felt his gaze directed towards her. Swallowing nervously, Jieun avoided the stranger, but for her, it wasn’t that easy, since he was just a foot away from her. She gently tap her finger, and shifted her focus on the numbers, as she impatiently waited for them to reach ground floor. “Only 10 floors away,” she said under her breath.

“Excuse me?” The man said in his deep velvety voice, that it froze Jieun on the spot. She wasn’t even aware that he heard her.

Jieun let out a nervous chuckle and said, “It’s nothing.”

“How d-“ She never knew the rest of his words, because as soon the elevator door opened, Jieun dashed towards the pool, leaving the man baffled. Wheezing, Jieun made her way to one of beach chairs around the pool. She settled her things on the table, and quickly put on her glasses, hoping it was enough to conceal her from the man.

“Who the hell was he?” She asked herself, and before she could ponder on it more, a smiling hotel staff, came holding a silver tray.

“Good afternoon ma’am,” he greeted her as he placed her food on the table. Jieun greeted him back, and gave him a last smile, as the staff bowed, and left her to her food. Jieun ate her sandwich with much gusto, thinking it was her first decent meal in days. After that, she lay on the chair, and closed her eyes. The least thing she wanted now was to be disturbed by her thoughts. For Jieun, her hangover is a bigger problem.

She was happily basking under the sun, when suddenly, her spot was covered. She opened her eyes, and was surprised to see a familiar b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter