Two || The Forbidden Boy

The Forbidden Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: This story is set 7 years ahead of our time, so, 2019.

And in some chapters, I might add chapters from their past.

So anyways, hope you like this update.

----

SEPTEMBER, 2012.

Taking a deep breath, her eyes ogled at the glass-building in front of the university. Clutching her fingers tighter around her bag straps, she stared at the words hanging on the building. “Chung-ang University,” she whispered to herself proudly. “Appa.. Umma, I’m here already,” she told herself, as she let herself slowly sink in into the new environment she’s going to be living into for four years.

Ever since she was little, to study in Chung-Ang university, was her lifelong goal, mostly because it was where her parents studied and met. She grew up, looking at their albums, and listening to her aunt talked about her parent’s university lives. She was so absorb with fascination, that ever since she was in 2nd grade she promised her aunt, that she would study in the very same university.

Taking slow cautious steps, she finally reached inside. While taking her phone out from her back pocket, she read her schedule, and looked at the map, she printed days ago. She was a freshman, and asking someone for help, isn’t as easy as for Jieun. The one thing she didn’t want to happen is to get lost on the first day of classes.

But as she was walking, she didn’t have enough time to protect herself, as a tall skinny tanned boy came tumbling into her. Just like the klutz she was known for, she almost hit the floor, along with her things, when suddenly someone ceased her fall.

Opening her eyes, she was greeted by the face of her savior. The man was smugly smiling at her, and his lips, slowly opened, revealing his pearly whites, as he asked her, “Gwenchana?”

“He’s handsome,” Jieun thought of as she continued to stare at the man. For Jieun, the man looked perfect in his tousled hair, and breathtakingly mischievous smile. Jieun wasn’t really unaware of the male species, but being a model student since her elementary days, her idea of boys was placed on the backburner, and seeing how her heart couldn’t stop beating with this sudden contact, she came to realized how different she was being when it came to the stranger. 

The stranger looked at her strangely, and this time, his lips formed into a pout. Jieun couldn’t help herself, as she stares at his pink full lips. “Miss, are you okay?” He asked again.

“Ah, ne,” Jieun answered, finally composing her wits. The man let her go, and helped her picked up her things. He gave her, her phone, and in an accidental small moment, their fingers briefly touched, and Jieun was surprised as she felt an electric feeling crept under her skin. Momentarily they stared at each other, having the same reaction, and Jieun almost thought that maybe they felt the same things, but she didn’t have time to divulge about the situation, when another guy came, and draped his arm around Jieun’s savior.

The other guy smiled at Jieun, and cheekily asked the man for her name, but he only nudged him with his elbow. “Not now, Sehun,” he hissed at him. Taking that as a cue for her to leave, she bowed at the two of them, and left, scurrying hurriedly away from the scene. She stopped at one of the benches hidden behind the building. Unconsciously, her palm moved to her chest, and Jieun felt her thumping heart, moving unsteadily.

Her mind dangerously played to the possibility, that maybe her savior is the one who caused this, but in the end, she shook her head, and told herself, “It’s just nerves Lee Jieun, it’s your first day after all.” She recited those words like a mantra as she tried to search for the auditorium.

Going in, she could see the place was packed. The area was full of bustling excited first years, talking to their old schoolmates, or new found friends. Amidst of it all, Jieun remained hushed, as she took a sit five seats from the left in the middle row. Putting her earphones on, Jieun searched for her iPod, and picked Big Bang’s Haru Haru and tried to camouflage herself from others. Jieun is a nice person, she had an okay high school life, but her awkwardness and poor social skills, is something that prevented her from forming relationship with others.

With her university life finally starting, she tried to give herself a new resolution, which was to make friends. She sighed inwardly at the lack of progress she has, and whispered, “Easier said than done Jieun-ah.”

Just when the people were finally settling in, she saw a perfectly manicured hand on her knee, looking up, she gave a smile of relief as she saw Jiyeon taking a sit next to her. “Whoa! Glad I made it,” she smiled cheekily at her best friend.

Rolling her eyes, Jieun crossed her arms, and sternly asked, “Why were you late again?”

She shifted in her seat, opening her hand bag, as she searched for something Jieun doesn’t have any idea of. Finally fishing her phone out, she answered, “Because this little thing failed me in the early morning.”

Jieun sneered. “Are you sure that’s what happened? Or did you go out again last night?”

She turned her head towards Jieun, and gave her an answering nod. “Positive. If I did go out last night, I could’ve been sitting here, complaining to you about my bad hangover,” she answered amusingly as she winked at her own best friend.

“Sure sure,” she said dully not having enough energy to fight with her best friend at the early hours of the day. She looked at the theater, and saw that someone was already speaking, and talking about the school policies and regulations of the school. As she was listening to the person talk, she took notice of the number of males looking at her direction, glimpsing at her sides, she was surprised by how they pathetically gawked at her. But then, something clicked inside of her, she was wrong, Jieun knew who they were looking at, and it was the woman next to her.

Of course, if Jieun was a male, she would also stare at the beauty. Being only the brave freshman who dressed in a black bandage skirt which ended mid-thigh and paired with a gray loosed blouse, only Park Jiyeon could pull something this simple. Jieun, didn’t really mind it all, she didn’t even see it as she was being overshadowed, if there’s one thing she dislikes it was attention. Being a klutz and attention is not a good combo. Nudging Jiy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter