Six || The Forbidden Boy

The Forbidden Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The lights were dim, and there wasn’t even a sign of life inside the room. There wasn’t food on the table, and the living room furniture was still the untouched. The only things that suggest that a person was staying in there were the two luggage bags laid haphazardly into the ground, with some of its contents spilling.

No sound was heard, other than the soft sobs of a woman, emanating from a softly lit bedroom. Jieun’s form looked scrunched up from under the unkempt off-white blankets, as she lied to her side, with her knees on her chest.

Three days. It’s been three days, since Jieun landed to Bali, and all she’d ever done was hole herself up inside the hotel room, and cried every night, wanting to ease the pain inside her heart. Jieun didn’t even knew she could cry this long, once she even thought that maybe she would just stop when her body stopped producing tears, but seeing how that’s never going to happen, Jieun lay against her bed with her sorrow.

Groggily, she glanced at the clock and read the time. Seeing, that it was close to dinner, she stood up from her bed, and tiredly dragged her feet forward and towards the bathroom. Jieun stood in front of the mirror, and took a glance of her terrible reflection. Her eyes were red, and so was her nose. Barely eating for the last five days, Jieun observed how her cheeks were thinning. But at that moment, that only thing that she thought of was Kai.

Jieun was stuck inside her depression, and no one was even there to save her from falling deeper. No Jiyeon, no Jongsuk and especially no Kai. The betrayal was just too much for her to handle, but rather than bothering her family, she choose to come to Bali, and find some peace of mind. But days have passed, and that peace she was searching for remains to be unfound.

Jieun was thankful that she kept this part of their honeymoon as surprised, because the least she wanted right now is to be followed by her ex-fiancé. Wiping her eyes with a towel, she went out of her room, and faced the tray of food placed on the coffee table. But instead of the food, Jieun caught something else. 

The silver knife on the tray glistened even under the dim lights tempting her. She lingered in front of the tray, but Jieun’s eyes never strayed away from the knife. She couldn’t believe that her death was only inches away from her hand.

Jieun wasn’t a newbie when it comes to people committing suicide because of love. She and Jiyeon watched it sometimes on the news and the two of them would always pity but at the same time degrade the person, thinking they were too pathetic to think that death would save them from remnants of their broken relationships. But right now, her thoughts have changed. As of the moment Jieun wanted nothing but to end her tears, and for that to happen, death was the answer.

Jieun took the knife and clutched it tighter with her fingers. She felt herself tremble as she raised her other hand, and moved it directly under the knife. Dark thoughts were swirling inside her mind, and nothing was stopping them as she moved the knife closer to the skin of her wrist.

This was it, the moment she waited for, the answer to her broken heart. Jieun felt her heart raced even faster as she felt the cold metal against her pale skin. With just one move her life would end. With one move Jieun would end all of these. With one move, she will find the peace she dearly wanted. 

“Goodbye Jongsuk-oppa, you were just a good brother to me,” she mentally said to herself. “Goodbye Jiyeon, thank you for always being there.” Then her eyes closed and the image of a man quickly came into place. “Goodbye Kai,” she whispered bitterly. 

 

After her afternoon meeting with one of her clients, Jiyeon was back inside her office, busy in finishing some of her samples, after some changes. Though the woman was still incredibly worried about her friend, she still has responsibilities to her clients she needed to meet. She was busy doing her other piece when suddenly her door opened unexpectedly and Kai came barging in inside her office.

“What the hell are you doing here?!” She snapped, angry for the man who disturbed her peace.

“Where is she Jiyeon?” He asked. Before Jiyeon answered, she took time to study her friend. Though Kai looked impeccably well put together, she didn’t fail to notice the dark circles under his eyes, and how slightly unkempt his hair was. For some reason, Jiyeon instantly felt what have caused her friend to turn this way, but she made no move to mention it.

“I don’t know,” she answered her harshly as Jiyeon firmly stood in her spot. “And if I do, as if I’d tell you Kai.”

Jiyeon saw how his face contorted into an angry one, and in a few seconds, giving out a sigh as his hand brushed his hair. “I guess I can’t help that,” Kai muttered resentfully and settled on the black couch placed across Jiyeon’s desk.

“Yes, so can you leave, please? I have a lot of things to do,” she said callously as she hitched her hands on her waist, cocking her eyebrows to the side as she eyed Kai.

But Kai didn’t answer, instead the man plopped his elbows on his knees and held his face with his palms. The emotion in his face still haven’t left, he still looked worried, and liked he haven’t got enough sleep for the past few days. Jiyeon was about to speak, when Kai’s eyes met with hers, and then it came to her how pitiful he looked. “I know after what ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter