Ten || The Forbidden Boy

The Forbidden Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I eat whatever I see and feel like,” IU grumbled with much struggle as she garbed down her lunch. It has been a week since she came to Bali, and it had been roughly 4 days since she met the bright, adventurous, slightly pushy, blonde and freakishly tall man named Kris.  

After having such a heated conversation two days before, Jieun finally gave in to Kris’ proposition and here she was having a very delightful lunch with Kris throwing questions at her every 3 second. For some it might be irritating, for Jieun, it was actually slightly fun. Every time she answers him, Kris’ shows his awed expression, like he didn’t expect her to answer that different. And the best part was they would never see each other again, so whatever rubbish she blabbed on and on for seven days more would be forgotten and flushed down the drain.

“Jinjja?” He asked astounded. “I though most girls would watch what they eat. You know diet and everything...” He paused and raised an eyebrow inquisitively.

“Not really,” Jieun answered. Suddenly, she leaned forward and told Kris to do the same. “Want to know my secret?” She mumbled, and the man quickly nodded. “I have two stomachs,” she answered to seriously that Kris couldn’t help but believe in her instantly, but Jieun blew her cover when she cackled unexpectedly.

“What?”

And it took a long for the woman to answer as she tried to calm herself down, and said, “I can’t believe you just fell for that.” And before she could say more, Kris immediately knew she was lying, and made a face as he leaned back to his chair. “Enough about me, I’m actually quite curious, are you Korean?”

Kris shook his head as he took his glass, and drunk some of his lime juice. “I’m Chinese.”

“Then how come you can speak Korean?”

“I have a friend,” he answered. “She’s also my colleague, and she thought me how to speak your language,” he explained.

“Ahh, so that explains it,” Jieun said as she lazily played with her straw. “So, Kris, what do you do on your free times?” She had been hauled into the coals for an almost two hour talk time, that Jieun believe it was time for her to turn the tables.

He chuckled, having sense of what was going on, but nevertheless he answered. “I like reading and sometimes cooking.”

“YOU CAN COOK?!” She asked, astounded by this fact. Never did she once assume that a guy like him could cook, most of the guys she knew couldn’t. Her dad, her brother, Kibum and even… Jieun stopped at the moment and quickly returned to her senses.

“Mmm,” he nodded. “My mom and dad was barely home because of work, so I was always hanging out with our housekeeper and I always helped her in preparing our food.”

Suddenly, Jieun grabbed his hand, scrutinizing every nook and cranny, she arched her eyebrows and said, “Judging from your hands, it doesn’t really show at all.”

Kris laughed at her, as she continued feeling his hand. “Wait, are you this secret hand reader or something?” With every word, he becomes more and more amused and drawn towards the woman. Just like the very first day he laid his eyes on her.

His question made her chuckle back at the oddness, to which she replied with, “Not really, people who plays guitar has calloused hands, people who draw, like my best friend, has hands that is full with stains and spots, while people who cook, should obviously have cuts and small burns on their hands.” She glimpsed at his fair long slender fingers again and smirked, “And yours are like models that haven’t touched a single pot in their entire lives.” Jieun have already seen hands like that, and it belonged to someone she’d rather not want to think about.

“I can cook, why can’t you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter