D-7

Idol Manager(Infinite Ver.)

 

Dae-Jung POV
I studied the picture again and again last night until I fell asleep. It couldn't be, but as I thought of it more, everything make sense. Manager Park had never told me anything about her family and there was no call for her at all from home. Therefore, that fits the "running away from home" idea. 
 
Plus when I first met her, I was surprised by her actual age as I thought she looked young for a 88er. So it make sense also, since Soo Jin was supposed to be a 94er.
 
When I first confirmed the truth that Manager Park was Soo Jin, a mix of emotions overwhelmed me. Rage, curious, and most unexpectedly...
 
Relieve.
 
Normal POV
In the morning, Dae-Jung went to the company to reflect on the interview from last night. He couldn't focus as his mind kept wondered off to Manager Park's real identity. 
 
That's why he didn't watch his way and knocked into someone.
 
" Yah! Watch your way babo!" A female student in school uniform said, before she picked up her bag and ran off.
 
" Bad-mannered girl," Dae-Jung thought to himself, as he picked himself up and headed to the CEO office.
 
During the reflection session, just as he was talking about the MC's unscripted questions from the interview, the door slid open and a head popped into the office," Appa!"
 
Turned out it belonged to the rude female student just now and she is our CEO's daughter. As we were in the middle of the meeting and the girl wouldn't stop bothering her father, the CEO asked me to show her around the company while the rest of them resumed on the meeting.
 
" But I haven't finish the problem with the MC..." I couldn't finish my sentence as the CEO shot me a warning glare. Alright I understand, all for one and one for all right?
 
We exited the office and the girl started talking.
 
" Are you that babo just now? You should really watch your way you know! By the way I'm Young Mi, what's yours? I just turn 18 last month, I assume that you are older than me, so should I address you oppa? Or you want to be more formal? You know if our isn't that wide we can be friends too..." 
 
I interrupted her before she could continue, " let me show you the vocal training room first okay? I'm Bang Dae-Jung anyway and I would appreciate it if you address me Manager Bang." 
 
The girl seems had sensed my displeasure so she remained silence throughout the rest of the tour, with asking little questions. 
 
Just as we were heading to the audition room, Young Mi asked a question that interest me," do you know Eun Hee noona?" 
 
Apparently this girl know Manager Park, or I would like to call now, Soo Jin so I decided to uncover more about her from this girl. 
 
Young Mi POV
This Manager Bang person seems especially interested in Soo Jin when I mentioned her, so I really tried to seal my big mouth as much as possible. 
 
From our brisk talk I found out that this man is currently working with Soo Jin so of course he would be interested in her as a colleague. But when he started to ask me about her family, I felt a sense of uneasiness. 
 
I didn't consider myself as a good lier but what I said make sense, since Soo Jin and I had already discussed about this before her escape. When I finished, his expression looked somehow queer.
 
"He knew." A voice in my head said. 
 
He remained quiet for a moment before he continued," well, to be honest I'm not really interested in Eun Hee's past, but Soo Jin's." 
 
Normal POV
Everything went back to normal like they never happened. The scandal was believed to be false and the company is currently working with the police to track down the source of the scandal. 
 
Eun Hee, as usual brought the members to the practice room. Both of Eun Hee and Hoya  seemed especially delighted which brought up suspicion from Sungyeol. 
 
" Did anything happen yesterday when we were away?" Sungyeol texted the other members excluding Hoya. No reply came in, but that earned him a smack on the head by Sungkyu. 
 
Since Woohyun's injury still hadn't healed, he was excused from the dance practice, so there he was, sitting comfortably at the corner of the practice room with Eun Hee and helping the leader to monitor the dance move.
 
" Yah Sungjong! Your left arm must be a bit higher during that part. Also Myunsoo ah! You were not on beat from the 2nd verse ." Woohyun said," come on! There's only one week left before our comeback!" 
 
Despite attending numbers of practice session, Eun Hee was still amazed by the high quality of their dance, she couldn't observe any errors in the dance practice no matter how careful she looked. But the members themselves could always pick out a lot of errors. 
 
When it was time for lunch, Eun Hee and Hoya volunteered to buy lunch together, since they wanted some time alone . They walked through a valley, where little people went to. 
 
On the way, they hold their hands together tightly, although none of them had spoken, the atmosphere was still warm and sweet, despite the chilling weather in Seoul.
 
" I have something for you," Hoya took out something from his pocket. It was a ring with a infinity symbol on it. He put it on her finger and it fit perfectly. 
 
" Wear this all the time," he said, as he flashed his finger to Eun Hee, he was wearing the same ring. She was blushing and kept looking to the ground so he couldn't see her obvious shyness.
 
He laughed, giving her a peck, causing Eun Hee's face to become as red as an apple. " Cute," he mumbled. 
 
Back in the practice room, Sungyeol sensed something was wrong from the moment Eun Hee and Hoya went back to the practice room. Both of them looked so happy and that happiness couldn't be shared by pure friendship. 
 
Then he noticed  the couple rings and knew everything, he was not the only one with keen observation. L had also discovered that and both of their eyes met, acknowledging each other what they seen is true. They didn't say anything, since Hoya is their hyung. They had to figure out a solution by themselves. 
 
What L had in mind was to tell Sungkyu about it, but Sungyeol's solution was a lot worse. To him, if he couldn't get certain thing, nobody else would. Therefore he dialed the number he had in his contact for a long time.
 
Flashback
When Sungyeol walked out of the school gate after the gathering, he was still thinking of his shocking discovery. 
 
" So Manager Park is Kim Soo Jin." His brain was processing this shocking truth, therefore he didn't see where he was going and knocked into a pole.
 
" Damn!" he covered his face in pain but noticing what was posted on the pole too.
 
" Missing person Kim Soo Jin, if anyone has helpful informations on her location please call 612********." 
 
At that moment he thought of calling it immediately, but as he pressed the number, he stopped. If he did call, she would no longer be in his life. He sighed, but instead of erasing the number, he saved it, saving the contact name as " Kim Soo Jin". 
 
Flashback end
Someone at the other side picked up, " Yobeosayo! Mr Kim's office here! How may I help you?"
 
" I had some information on Kim Soo Jin," Sungeol replied coldly. The person at the other side suddenly sounded excited, " let me get Mr Kim for you!" 
 
" This isn't right," a voice in Sungyeol's head said, which caused him to hang the phone. He wondered when did he become so selfless. " See what you have done to me Soo Jin," he muttered to himself. 
 
What he didn't know was that his call had changed everything.
 
At Mr Kim's office, by the time he picked up the phone, he realized it was already hanged. He threw a tantrum and crashed the phone set to the ground, his secretary seems scared at the side, not knowing what to do. 
 
" Track down the number just now, and search that area, every grass and stone," he ordered coldly. 
 
Back at the practice room, Eun Hee was still touched by what Hoya had given her. Therefore right after the practice at around 8.00 p.m., she sent the members back to the dorm, before she went out to buy something for Hoya in return at the nearby mall. 
 
" Something purple maybe," she thought to herself. Too immersed in her thought, she was not aware of a car following her behind. Suddenly the car speeded up and was beside her. The car window was rolled down and Dae-Jung's face appeared in view.
 
" Where are you going? Need a ride?" He asked in a friendly manner. Eun Hee willingly took his offer, since where she was going to was not far away too. 
 
" Just bring me to the mall there, by the way when the hell did you get a car?" Eun Hee exclaimed as she saw the fancy internal design of the car.
 
" Just today,It was a.... Gift," replied Dae-Jung. " From your father," he didn't say it out loud but thought of it. " Hope I could receive a gift like that too," Eun Hee said, thinking this is what a person would normally say. But the fact was that she received this kind of present on her birthday every year. In fact she had even received bigger present, like the mansion she received on her sweet 16 birthday.
 
She thanked Dae-Jung for the ride before she got down the car, flashing him a mesmerizing smile, which left Dae-Jung's heart flattering. 
 
In the mall she bought Hoya a purple jacket, which she thought would fit him well. She merrily walked back to the dorm, as she walked closer to the practice room, she saw a figure in front of the practice room.
 
" Aigoo Hoya's so sweet! He waited for me here." She thought. But as she walked closer and closer, she realized something was wrong. She suddenly heard heavy footsteps behind her.
 
She was surrounded by a wall of men suddenly. She could recognize one person out of all of them. It was Secretary Lee.
 
" Long time to see, Mistress Kim," he bowed to her, as the rest of the men followed. 
 
Chance of escape, 0%.