Drive Talk

Ghostly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica was driving calmly as she followed the GPS diligently. Having a ghost inside the car was so bothersome, especially the ghost that she have seems to be sulking with no words at all.

 

“So this Victoria... when did you met her?” Jessica asked without lifting her gaze on the street.

 

“Why do you ask?” Yuri said emotionless.

 

“Come on, I’m helping you here! Can’t you give me details?!” She pouted.

 

Yuri sigh as she looks at Jessica’s face ‘She’s acting cute again? Can’t she just stop?’ She thought grumpily to herself she’s not really happy in the way this girl makes her feel. “We met in College.” She answered just to make Jessica stop.

 

“Omo… Since college??” Jessica gasps.

 

“Yeah” Yuri looks at the window.

 

“So you have relationship since college?” Jessica clarified.

 

“Aish!” Yuri snapped at her because of her persistence in the issue.

 

“What? I’m just asking..  You are always mad! Seriously!” Jessica throws her a look.

 

“She’s my girlfriend since sophomore years, happy now?”

 

“Wow.. That’s a lot of time.” Jessica stopped when the stop light turned red. “I’m not expecting that from you” She looked at Yuri.

 

Yuri looked back at the girl this time she saw a genuine amazement on her face.   “What do you mean by that?” She knitted her brows.

 

Jessica smiled at her “Well, looking at you, I assume you are a player.. I guess I’m wrong” She starts to drive again as the lights turn green.

 

Yuri didn’t know what to say to Jessica’s impression about her.

 

“You know what I always admire people who can handle relationships well.. I mean all people can love at one point but only few can manage to make it last.”  Jessica smile at her again.

 

For some odd reason Yuri somehow felt her heart beats loudly as she looks at Jessica, ‘wait! I’m a ghost! Am I imagining things?!’ Yuri silently question herself, she unconsciously grasp her chest to feel it.

 

“Yuri is there something wrong?” Jessica asked when she notices Yuri’s face.

 

Yuri immediately straighten her back.. “N-Nothing.”

 

“Tell me about her, what is she like?” Jessica asked again.

 

“Who?’ Yuri asked confusedly.

 

“Victoria.”

 

Yuri looked at Jessica who is still busy driving. “Well she’s beautiful… and y” Yuri said in A-MATTER-OF-FACT tone.

 

“Hahaha…I’m kind of expecting that.” Jessica laughed. “But what made her so special? Why did you fell in love with her?”  She looks at Yuri again.

 

Yuri looked down. ‘Good question, I don’t know either’ She smiled to herself.  “I don’t know”

 

“You don’t?” Jessica lifted her brows in surprise.

 

“I don’t know, I can’t put my fingers on it” Yuri replied.

 

“Fine… If you don’t want to answer it” Jessica shrugged and just continued to drive.

 

Yuri on the other hand returned his gaze to the woman beside her. “ How about you?”

 

“What about me?’ Jessica asked back.

 

“Have you had… you know..”  Yuri can’t bring herself to ask directly if the girl has\had a boyfriend.

 

Jessica looked at her weirdly.

 

“D-Do you have a boyfriend?” Yuri stammered at her own question.

 

“Ah… that.” The girl smiled. “I never had one”


 

Yuri looks at her incredulously as if she said that she is a mermaid.  ‘That is ridiculous’ she thought as she looks at Jessica. ‘How can it be?’  As much as Yuri wants to deny it Jessica was the prettiest girl she ever saw in her life. She looks so perfect that it’s making her sick sometimes.. The girl was just too attractive, to be single.

 

“Never had? Like no one asked you out ever?!” Yuri can’t help but to raise her voice.

 

Jessica chucked. “I had a lot of confessions… what do you think of me?!’

 

“I bet your brother scared them then” Yuri concludes.

 

Jessica laughed again which startled her. “You can say that” Having Heechul as a brother and Leeteuk as an older cousin. They are REALLY not suitor friendly; they are capable to make any man to run away from their house screaming like a girl, not to mention in tears.

 

“And you’re Okay with that?” Yuri asked her as if she’s gotten crazy.

 

Jessica looked at her briefly “Yes, Those guys.. I don’t like them anyway” She answered truthfully.

 

Yuri scoffed. “Why? Because they are not good enough for you? “Yuri felt the car stopped “Is that it?”

 

Jessica sighed as she stopped the car few blocks from th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter