Distressed

My Best Friend

 

~•♥•~

 

That night, everyone got ready and dressed up to party at one of the finest clubs that they spotted in Macau; everyone except for MinYoung.

 

“Has anyone seen the other pair of my shoe?” MinGi asked hurriedly as she came out of the bathroom, putting on her earrings.

 

“Is this what you’re looking for?” MinYoung asked as she pulled out the similar shoe that was on MinGi’s hand, from underneath the beds.

 

“Yes! How did it get there?!” MinGi said, putting on her shoes.

 

“Well, our room is upside down right now,” MinYoung laughed inside as she sort out their stuff.

 

“We should get – ” HaRin stopped when she saw MinYoung in her casual clothes. “Unnie, aren’t you coming?” HaRin asked. MinYoung lazily shook her head as she plunged down on her bed.

 

“I don’t feel like coming. I’m already tired from this afternoon,” she excused.

“Are you sure you’ll be okay being alone here? I could stay behind with you,” HaRin offered.

“No. You should go with them. I’ll be fine. I want to sleep early anyways,” MinYoung told them.

 

“Yeah, because after this trip, unnie will be working out late again for her clothes,” AeRin joked. MinYoung threw a dress on her face as they laughed.

 

“Rest well, unnie!” the three girls shouted when they reached for the door.

“Take care and have fun!” MinYoung cheered. “Don’t go drinking too much!” she added.

“We won’t!” and the door closed.

 

MinYoung stood up from her bed. She opened the balcony door and stepped out. She sank by the chair and gazed at the night sky.

 

Flashback

 

“So, Yoochun’s really doing a great job of taking care of you,” Yunho started. “You’re lucky to have someone like him beside you,” he added.

 

“I know,” she said instead.

 

“When do you plan on giving him an answer?” he asked.

“He hasn’t asked me yet,” she exhaled.

“Have you made up your mind already?” but MinYoung shook her head. Yunho tilted his head in confusion.

“How come?” MinYoung sighed.

 

“I’ve already made up my mind. I’m just having second thoughts,” she said softly.

“Why would you have second thoughts about Yoochun? He’s a great guy,” he wondered out loud.

“Oppa, sometimes, there are things that we think we’re so sure about but then we’re not,” she said. Yunho kept quiet.

 

-

-

-

 

Yunho immediately took MinYoung’s hand and suddenly pulled her out of the store.

 

“Woah!” she exclaimed when they ran out of the store. “Where are you taking me?!”

“Somewhere. I need your expert opinion!” he told her.

 

While they ran away, MinYoung noticed Yunho’s firm yet gentle grip on her hand. She secretly smiled at their contact and let Yunho drag her away.

 

-

-

-

 

“He’s not going to suddenly ask YoungHee to marry him in Macau, is he?” MinYoung nervously thought.

 

“What are we doing here?” she cautiously asked. Yunho placed his hands on his waist.

“Since we’re here in Macau, I’m planning for a nice date for YoungHee tonight. What do you think?” he wiggled his eyebrows. MinYoung’s heart sank at Yunho’s plan.

“Sounds like a.. good plan,” she said.

 

End of Flashback

 

All of MinYoung’s thoughts were making her feel sorrowful. For once, she wanted to forget everything and feel free; have no worries at all.

 

MinYoung took a glimpse below the balcony and saw the hotel’s pool. She stood up and thought about going down; the water was rather inviting.

 

“I should go for a swim. Maybe it could drown my thoughts away,” she thought as she went back inside to change into her swimsuit.

 

MinYoung changed into her bikini and covered herself in a bathrobe, tied her hair into a tight ponytail. Her necklace glistened when she face the mirror. Slowly, MinYoung reached at the back of her neck and unclasped the necklace with Yoochun’s ring on it. She went for her bags and kept it at one of her bag pockets.

 

“It wouldn’t hurt if I didn’t wear you once, right?” MinYoung patted the pocket where the necklace was before heading out to the pool area.

 

~•♥•~