I Can't

My Best Friend

 

유리아이 (Lost In Love) - SNSD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHX6c5kzRmM

~•♥•~

 

“I.. I beg your pardon??” MinYoung choked. Yoochun sighed.

 

“MinYoung-ah~” Yoochun breathed out as he held both of MinYoung’s hands in his own. “You know that I love you, right? And you know that I have good intentions,” he caressed her cheek.

 

“I know that, oppa~” she whispered.

 

“Ever since you let me show my love for you, I’ve never felt this happy. But knowing that you feel the same way would be a lot better,” he trailed off with a hopeful smile.

 

“What are you trying to say?” she asked although she perfectly knew what he meant. Yoochun exhaled as he prepared himself.

 

“MinYoung-ah, will you be my girlfriend?” he asked. “I love you, so much. I really do,” he added.

 

MinYoung’s lips began to tremble and her eyes were watering. She grasped Yoochun’s hand that was on her cheek and bowed her head; tears falling. Yoochun knew what he was in for.

 

“Hey~ what’s wrong?” Yoochun asked, pretending to be oblivious. MinYoung began to mumble something incoherently.

“What’s that?”

“I’m sorry, oppa. I can’t,” she whispered repeatedly until she finally broke down.

 

Yoochun felt his heart shattering into pieces. When MinYoung’s tears were falling nonstop, he pulled her into a tight hug. He looked up to prevent his own tears from falling.

 

“Shhh~ it’s okay,” he tried to assure but MinYoung vigorously shook her head that was buried in his chest.

“No, oppa, it’s not~” she wailed.

“What happened?” he wanted her to explain her side.

 

MinYoung broke away from the hug and hastily wiped her tears off. Yoochun rubbed her arms in comfort.

 

“I honestly don’t know. A few months ago, I was sure of what answer I was going to give you. I’ve never felt happy and special ever since you have confessed to me. I appreciate how much you cared for me,” she tried to smile through her tears. “I thought I have learned to love you but then, I can’t fool myself.” Yoochun bowed his head.

 

“I’m sorry, oppa~” she apologized once again as he held his face in her own hands.

“Is there someone else?” Yoochun suddenly asked and MinYoung began to cry harder again.

 

“I’m not sure, oppa. I don’t know~”

 

Yoochun didn’t want to put on more pressure on MinYoung so he just let her be. However, he knew that someone else has a place in her heart. He pulled her into a tight hug once again and rubbed her back as she cried even more.

 

“I didn’t mean to keep you hanging, oppa. I never meant to play with your feelings,” she said, her voice being muffled.

“You never did,” he assured her.

 

MinYoung knew that it was time to let Yoochun off. She couldn’t stand to there with him when she perfectly knew that she didn’t deserve him.

 

MinYoung pulled away and slowly grasped her necklace from the back of her neck and unclasped it. She took one of Yoochun’s hands and placed the necklace on it before gently closing his hand into a fist.

 

“I want you to be happy, oppa. You deserve someone better than me; someone who’ll love you back,” MinYoung told him. Yoochun’s tears began to fall this time.

“But you’re the only one I love,” he told her.

“You’ll have to learn to look ahead of me, oppa. I’m sure there’s someone better than me who deserves to wear this ring; that deserves your love. Unfortunately, that’s not me,” she said.

 

“I tried but then I found no one else but you.”

 

“Oppa, you’re making this hard for me. For the both of us,” MinYoung’s tears were threatening to fall again.

 

“I know and I’m sure that someone else have captured your heart but that won’t stop me from loving you. I always have and always will be, no matter what,” he said.

 

“But I can’t return that back,” she tried to argue but Yoochun placed a finger on her lips to hush her.

“I don’t care. It won’t matter. As long as you’re happy then my heart will be at peace,” he said. MinYoung’s heart softened at his words. She now knows how Yoochun unconditionally loves her.

 

“I know it’s not right to say this but, thank you, oppa; for all this time,” she let out a small smile and Yoochun ree.

 

MinYoung wiped the tears on Yoochun’s cheeks and looked at him intently in the eyes as Yoochun gazed back at her. Without hesitation, MinYoung tip toed and planted a soft kiss on Yoochun’s cheek. After doing so, MinYoung left him there without a word.

 

As MinYoung walked away, Yoochun watched her, hoping that she would look back just once but she didn’t. Yoochun felt the pain build up in his chest as he fell down on his knees. He clutched his left chest as he cried, feeling that something was taken away from him.

 

It was too painful for MinYoung as well as she hid inside The Venetian Macau, covering to refrain herself from sobbing loudly. She took a quick glance from where she was hiding and saw that Yoochun was down on his knees. Seeing her friend in that vulnerable state was too painful to watch so, MinYoung immediately left the place.

 

~•♥•~