Get Used To It

My Best Friend

 

~•♥•~

 

MinYoung arrived at the hotel with her friends and Mrs. Shin. The doors of the function hall opened and the place was packed with people from the fashion show. MinYoung spotted her models having a good time amongst them.

 

“Come on, I’ve got people to introduce you to,” Mrs. Shin said enthusiastically.

 

MinYoung looked back and her friends mouthed that they’ll look for their boyfriends.

 

Meanwhile, Mrs. Shin had a soft grip on MinYoung’s wrist as they went through a mass of people.

 

“Tyra, I would like you to officially meet my daughter, Shin MinYoung,” Mrs. Shin grinned at the tall girl. MinYoung felt herself stop from breathing upon seeing Tyra.

“What have you done to you done to your daughter?” Tyra asked as she stared at MinYoung. “This was not the girl who was on the runway a while ago,” she added slowly. MinYoung’s shoulders deflated.

 

“I told you this wouldn’t work~” MinYoung muttered under her breath, facing her mom.

 

“You’re working it, girl~” Tyra corrected her. “I was watching you a while ago and Nigel and I noticed a lot of your features that need to be accentuated,” she added.

“Do I really dress up that bad?” MinYoung nervously asked.

“Oh honey, no! You’re in a great shape; perfect for a model even! You could be a fashion designer/model you know~” Tyra told her which made MinYoung laugh.

“I’d stick to being a fashion designer,” she told them and they laughed.

 

“Honey, I have to discuss something with Tyra but I’ll be back. I’ve got more people to introduce you to,” Mrs. Shin said and MinYoung nodded.

“I hope you could work with you, soon,” Tyra air kissed with MinYoung. “Maybe you could make me your model on your next fashion show? Or you could come on ANTM to judge or something,” Tyra suggested.

“Sure thing!” MinYoung’s eyes lit up with excitement. Tyra waved goodbye and walked away with Mrs. Shin.

 

-

-

-

 

Meanwhile, Yunho was at the bar getting himself a drink. He has been looking for MinYoung since he has arrived but he just couldn’t find her. However, someone rather caught his attention: a girl wearing a white mini dress that hugged her body in all the right places and showed her perfect slender legs, and was having a conversation with Tyra Banks and Mrs. Shin.

“Mrs. Shin is here. MinYoung could be around here somewhere~” he thought as he sipped his drink.

 

Yunho eyes squinted. The girl looked familiar to him but he just couldn’t remember where he saw or met the girl.

 

“Maybe someone I’ve dated before. But if she was my ex, why would she talk to Mrs. Shin?” he wondered.

 

Suddenly, the girl smiled which made her eyes disappear. Yunho straightened up; he could recognize that smile anywhere.

 

“Is that MinYoung?!” he asked himself. Then, the girl laughed. Yunho’s eyes widened. “It is MinYoung! What happened to her?!”

 

Yunho slowly walked away from the bar to have a closer look at MinYoung. Mrs. Shin and Tyra then left MinYoung. MinYoung looked around the place with a clueless look.

 

“It really is MinYoung! She’s the only one who could pull up a look like that! She looks amazing!” he said to himself.

 

Yunho decided to approach her. He was only meters away when someone else approached her. MinYoung smiled upon seeing the person.

 

-

-

-

 

“Oppa!!” HaRin, MinGi and AeRin called when they saw their boyfriends together with Yoochun.

 

“Hey,” they greeted their girlfriends. “Where’s MinYoung-ah?” Changmin asked as he slung his arm around MinGi’s shoulders; the three girls were grinning from ear to ear.

“She’s here~” they said in giggles.

“Where?” the boys asked as they looked around.

“You won’t recognize her~” HaRin told them. The four boys curiously looked at the girls.

 

“Unnie had a makeover!!” AeRin revealed. The blank expressions on the boys were replaced with shock and excitement.

 

“Really?? Where is she?! I wanna see her!” Junsu exclaimed, jumping up to look for MinYoung.

“Would you believe that unnie’s the girl in a white mini dress?” MinGi asked. The four boys frantically turned their heads, trying to spot a girl in a white mini dress.

“Where the hell is she?!” Changmin demanded. Yoochun was excited as his friends to see MinYoung that his heart was beating madly.

“Look at twelve o’clock,” HaRin grinned.

 

The four boys turned around and there they saw a girl in a white mini dress, talking to Mrs. Shin and Tyra Banks.

 

“No way!!” the boys exclaimed. “She looks fine!” Junsu added, checking his friend out. The three girls rolled their eyes.

 

Junsu was about to approach MinYoung when Yoochun pulled him by his collar.

“Quit it, dolphin. You’ve got a girlfriend,” Yoochun said, smirking at Junsu.

 

Yoochun released Junsu and made his way towards MinYoung. As if on cue, Mrs. Shin and Tyra left her.

 

“Perfect timing,” he smirked.

 

MinYoung looked clueless once she was left alone. Yoochun’s heart skipped a beat or two when MinYoung puffed her cheeks.

 

“Hey~” he manage to say coolly. MinYoung smiled widely.

“Hey, oppa,” she greeted when he gave her a hug.

“You look amazing,” he whispered huskily, holding her close.

“Thank you, oppa,” she blushed.

 

“So, are you planning to keep this look?” he asked. MinYoung shrugged her shoulders.

“I don’t know,” she bit her lip.

“I think you should,” he said, meeting her eyes. “But that would be hard for me because guys might start crawling over you now,” he frowned.

“I wouldn’t care a bit about them, oppa,” she assured him.

“That’s good to know,” he leaned his forehead on hers.

 

“You’ve always looked beautiful on your large shirts with cute prints on it, your baggy pants, your hair in a messy bun and your nerdy glasses,” he chuckled as he described how she looks before. “But looking at you right now, you’re more than beautiful,” he said softly. MinYoung’s cheeks were pink from blushing.

“Oppa, stop it~ I’m not used to hearing those compliments,” she said, looking away in embarrassment.

 

Yoochun softly held MinYoung’s chin and made her face him. “I’m telling you the truth,” he said. “And you better get used to it,” he smirked. MinYoung felt warm inside.

 

“I couldn’t believe that a guy like you will actually see something in me even if I dress up so ‘badly’, like my friends say,” MinYoung chuckled.

“That’s because I love you for who you are on the inside. You’re beautiful to me both on the inside and outside. I don’t care what other people think of you,” he said softly. MinYoung smiled at everything Yoochun has told her.

 

-

-

-

 

The whole time Yoochun was with MinYoung, he flirted with her and showered her with more compliments.

 

Little do they know that they friend, Yunho, has been watching them back at the bar. From the time Yoochun approached MinYoung, Yunho never left his eyes on them. He has been observing MinYoung and he saw that MinYoung was uncomfortable with the attention she’s been receiving from Yoochun. Suddenly, Yoochun whispered something at MinYoung and left. Yunho took the opportunity and approached MinYoung from the back. He carefully placed his hands on her hips and held her close.

 

“Hey, beautiful,” he whispered low in MinYoung’s ear which sent shivers down her spine. MinYoung placed her hands on top of his, took it away and turned around with a smile.

“Yoo-“ she stopped when she realized that it was Yunho and not Yoochun. MinYoung smiled even wider.

 

“Yunho oppa!” she greeted, jumping on him and gave him a big hug. “I thought you were not coming to see my designs~” she pouted. Yunho scratched the back of his head.

 

“Actually, I wasn’t able to see the whole show,” he said slowly. “But I did saw your collection all at once when you were having your speech,” he immediately added. MinYoung’s smile dropped and her eyebrows knitted together. She immediately slapped Yunho’s arm mercilessly.

 

“Yah! Yah! YAH!” Yunho barked.

“You said you we’re going to watch!” she said angrily.

“I did watch! I saw everything!” he swore.

“You saw everything at the ending!” she cried.

“Hey, come on. I tried my best to get here soon but I’ve got to finish something at the club or appa will kill me,” he said, soothing MinYoung’s arms. MinYoung suspiciously peered at him.

“I swear,” he raised his right hand.

“Fine,, but you owe me,” she told him, crossing her arms.

“Sure! Will a lunch date be enough?” he asked, clasping his hands together.

 

“Lunch DATE?!” MinYoung’s body froze.

 

“Yunho oppa, there you are! I’ve been looking everywhere for you~” a girl suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

 

Yunho turned around and his eyes lit up. He bent down and kissed the girl on the lips. MinYoung felt her lungs tightening.

 

“MinYoung-ah, this is Cho YoungHee, my girlfriend,” Yunho introduced the girl who was standing close to him.

“It’s nice to finally meet you, MinYoung-ssi~ Yunho oppa has told me a lot about his blast from the past,” YoungHee sweetly smiled as she extended her hand. MinYoung carefully inserted her hand on YoungHee’s and shook it.

 

Looking at YoungHee closely, MinYoung could feel that she was different from all the girls that Yunho has dated before.

 

~•♥•~