THE CLASSY MADAME

My Best Friend

U Hoo Hoo – Block B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjExIJLUcQI

~•♥•~

 

“Can someone please sew a button on this model’s coat?! It’s missing one!” MinYoung shouted on top of her lungs.

 

Five months of waiting was up and it was time for MinYoung to launch her clothing line at Seoul Fashion Week; being the first designer to begin the whole week.

 

Noted fashion designers and photographers around the world, famous celebrities, magazine editors, and Mrs. Shin’s closest friends in the fashion industry, came to see the event. The photographers surrounded the places; trying to get the best spots to capture the whole show while fashion networks had their videos cameras set-up at the end of the runway.

 

[The Runway: http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Seen+Around+Lincoln+Center+Day+7+Fall+2011+v3uTcrI3EfLl.jpg]

 

“ChaeYoung, darling!” Tyra Banks excitedly approached Mrs. Shin with Nigel Barker and his wife, Cristen Barker, tagging from behind (A/N: Sorry, I couldn’t think of anyone better than them. I just love them in ANTM :D).

“Tyra! I’m glad you came!” Mrs. Shin made air kisses with Tyra, Nigel and Cristen.

“Of course! We wouldn’t miss to see ChaeYoung junior’s work!” Tyra exclaimed.

“You’ll love it!” Mrs. Shin raved. “Her collection’s just amazing,” she went further.

“We can’t wait!” Tyra squealed.

 

“ChaeYoung, this place is packed! Great job!” Nigel complimented as he looked around the place.

“Wait ‘till you see the backstage; it’s more chaotic in there,” Mrs. Shin shook her head.

“Do you need any help?” Cristen offered.

“Oh no, it’s okay~ I’m headed there anyway so it’s fine. Get your seats instead before you have a hard time finding it,” Mrs. Shin said, pointing towards the front row where their chairs were reserved.

“Ciao, darling. We’ll see you in a while~” Tyra waved.

 

-

-

-

 

“MinYoung-ssi~ I still have a missing button~” a model approached MinYoung who just finished fixing another model’s dress.

“I thought I already asked someone to do that?” MinYoung asked but the model shook her head. So, MinYoung immediately got a new button and sewed it on the model’s coat.

“Done!” MinYoung chirped and the model walked away amidst the crowded place to get her shoes.

 

“Unnie! A little help here!” AeRin shouted while carrying a box full of head accessories.

 

“Alright! Models who’ll be wearing hats, head dresses or any accessories on the head, please gather around!!” MinYoung shouted while clapping to get everyone’s attention. AeRin, HaRin and MinGi helped their friend with the models.

 

“Where’s the designer?!” someone called.

“Is someone looking for me?” MinYoung snapped her head in an instant. She saw Yoochun, Junsu, Jaejoong and Changmin waving from the door.

“Oppadeul!” MinYoung squealed. The four guys squeezed themselves through the sea of people to get to her.

 

“Congratulations!” the each hugged MinYoung.

“Not yet~ The show hasn’t even started yet~” she told them.

“What’s the difference? You’ve come this far~ you deserve it~” Jaejoong side-hugged MinYoung.

“And I have a lot of critics to go through~” MinYoung frowned in worry.

 

“Hey~” Yoochun immediately cupped MinYoung’s face. “Don’t worry about it~ everything’s going to be okay~” he said and kissed her forehead.

 

“Sorry for breaking the moment, unnie, but we’re having trouble here!” HaRin shouted with some sort of necklace tangled on her arms and on the model’s head.

“You’re telling me not to worry?” MinYoung gave Yoochun a look.

 

“It’s alright, I got it!” Mrs. Shin came rushing in.

“I told you not to worry~” Yoochun smirked.

 

“Two minutes people! Chop chop!” Sangchul, the assistant director shouted. “We need you here now to direct, MinYoung-ah!” he added, holding up a headpiece for her.

 

“Alright, everyone, listen up! Let’s get the models lined up now! People, check if the models’ are ready! MinYoung’s friends, go on out now so you could get to your seats before someone else does! Everyone else, just stand by!” Mrs. Shin shouted and clapped her hands. Immediately, everyone went to their places.

 

“We’ll be watching outside~” Yoochun squeezed MinYoung’s hand and winked.

“Good luck, unnie!!” HaRin, AeRin and MinGi hugged their friend and pumped their fists.

 

Once her friends went out, MinYoung breathed out. She made her way towards Sangchul when suddenly, Mrs. Shin pulled her aside.

 

“Is there a problem?” MinYoung asked.

“None~ I just want to tell you that I’m so proud of you. You’ve created a wonderful collection and I’m sure people will love it~” Mrs. Shin proudly smiled, holding her daughter’s hand. “However, there are people who’ll be giving tough critics on you or about your creation but, don’t take it negatively,” she warned.

“You should’ve told me about it earlier, umma~” MinYoung said nervously.

“Well, it’ll be a learning experience for you. Whatever your vision is, just go for it~” she patter her daughter’s hand.

 

“We’re already on standby!” Sangchul shouted. MinYoung faced her mom.

“Thank you, umma. Aigoo~ I don’t know what I would do without you~” MinYoung said, giving her mom a tight hug.

“You’re welcome, honey,” Mrs. Shin broke away from the hug. “This is your time to shine; you’re on your own now~ I’ll be outside,” she waved before going out to her seat at the front row.

 

“Let’s do this~” MinYoung announced as she joined Sangchul and wore her headpiece.

 

-

-

-

 

The excitement and tension built around the place as people sat on their designated chairs, waiting for the show to start. Mrs. Shin has just come out from the back stage and joined MinYoung’s friends in the front row.

 

Suddenly, the bright lights that lit up the place dimmed to darkness and the place became pitch black. People hushed down, anticipating. Then, a hot pink color illuminated the front wall where the models will be coming out and then, MinYoung’s brand name appeared (picture at the beginning of the chapter).

 

At the very first beat, a model’s silhouette appeared. The lights on the runway then lit up, revealing MinYoung’s first design.

 

MinYoung watched from the back stage’s flat screen together with her staff and directed the girls for their time to walk.

 

“Go!” MinYoung told the next model after the first model started coming back.

 

Model after model, people were amazed with MinYoung’s clothes.

 

Finally, MinYoung’s last design, which is a bridal gown, went down the runway. From the backstage, MinYoung could hear people clap their hands.

 

“Alright, MinYoung-ah, we need you to hold your last model’s hand and walk in the runway together with them,” Sangchul said, taking the headpiece off of MinYoung.

 

The models lined-up once again in order. MinYoung’s last model held up her hand in front of MinYoung which she held on to nervously. Her model gave her hand a squeeze.

 

“Don’t worry, MinYoung-ssi. They love your collection,” the model told her and MinYoung gratefully smiled.

 

“Alright, let’s get everyone out! Girls, don’t forget to clap your hands!” Sangchul directed.

 

All fifteen models came out in line, clapping their hands and the audience joined in as well. Once they saw MinYoung at the end, they stood up from their seats and clapped loudly.

 

“Whooo!! Go, MinYoung-ah!!” her friends cheered. MinYoung laughed and waved at them.

 

Once MinYoung and her model reached the end of the runway, MinYoung bowed 90 degrees to everyone in gratitude while her models stood from behind, clapping. Then, she was handed a microphone for a short speech.

 

“I just want to thank everyone for coming out here to see my collection~” she started.

 

“Has anyone seen Yunho?” Mrs. Shin whispered towards MinYoung’s friends but they all shook her head. Mrs. Shin scanned the area to sight Yunho but he couldn’t be seen.

 

“Yoochun-ah, come with me~” Mrs. Shin took Yoochun’s hand.

“Where are we going, Mrs. Shin?” he asked, letting her drag him backstage.

 

“Here,” Mrs. Shin handed him a bouquet of flowers. “You’re going out there to give this to MinYoung,” she told him. Mrs. Shin left him there with Sangchul and went back outside to her seat.

 

“Has he arrived?” Mrs. Shin whispered again to MinYoung’s friends but they shook their heads again.

“Where are you, Yunho?” she wondered.

 

“I would also like to thank my friends who have been helping me prepare for the past five months,” MinYoung smiled, looking towards her friends’ direction that waved excitedly at her. “To my mom, who made my dreams come true,” she looked towards Mrs. Shin who blew kisses at her.

 

“And to my best friend who never left me since pre-school and has supported me to go for my dreams~” MinYoung squinted her eyes and scanned the room for any sign of Yunho. Suddenly, someone was waving frantically at the far end of the room; it was Yunho. MinYoung smiled and waved back.

“I hope you can go for your dreams, too, oppa~” she added.

 

Then, the photographers took hold of their cameras. Yoochun came out from the back with flowers in his hands and the models parted to give way for him. MinYoung looked back and met eyes with him.

“Yoochun oppa!” her eyes lit up.

“Congratulations~” he handed her the flowers. MinYoung tiptoed and gave him a big hug.

“Thank you, oppa~” she whispered in his ear.

“I told you they’ll love it~” he said, hugging her back.

“And you were right,” she said back, giving him a kiss on the cheek. The audience erupted in cheers upon seeing MinYoung kiss Yoochun; the photographers snapped a lot of photos of the moment.

 

Everyone in the runway went backstage. Once people stood to leave, MinYoung’s friends, together with Mrs. Shin, rushed over to the backstage to personally congratulate her.

 

“Congratulations, MinYoung-ah!”

“That was excellent!”

“YOU are The Classy Madame!”

 

Everyone told MinYoung.

 

“Congratulations, baby!!” Mrs. Shin cheered and hugged MinYoung tight.

“Thank you, umma!!” MinYoung kissed her mom’s cheek.

 

“AAAAHHHH!!” MinYoung and her friends shouted altogether and went for a group hug.

 

“Finally! This is done!” MinYoung said in relief.

“We know! But you’ve got more shows to do~” MinGi reminded her.

“And I’ll need you guys at those times,” MinYoung winked at her friends.

“Oh, we’ll be there. And leave the casting of models to us,” HaRin said, half joking. Everyone cracked up.

 

“We need to get going, guys. We still have a party to go to~” Mrs. Shin told everyone.

“Party?” MinYoung asked, clueless.

 

“We have organized one for you~” Yoochun told her. MinYoung looked perplexed.

“And you’re not going there looking like that,” AeRin pointed at her friend’s clothes: http://i.ysi.bz/Assets/GalleryImage/00/784/L_g0020378400.jpg (replace sunglasses with black thick-rimmed glasses).

“What do you mean?” MinYoung asked; her mom and girl friends exchanged weird glances.

 

“Who wants champagne, people?!” Junsu shouted with Changmin and the other staff beside him, each holding a bottle up. They popped the cork and showered the champagne on everyone.

 

“My clothes!” MinYoung cried, trying to push her models away, trying to avoid the champagne from getting on her clothes.

 

However, Mrs. Shin, HaRin, MinGi and AeRin pulled MinYoung away and went outside to ride on a limousine.

 

~•♥•~