Hurting Inside

My Best Friend

 

~•♥•~

 

“They’re here! Let’s go and party!” Junsu cheered upon seeing AeRin, MinGi and HaRin coming out of the elevator.

 

“Wait, where’s MinYoung?” Yoochun asked, stopping the group.

 

“Unnie didn’t want to come. She was feeling tired from strolling too much today,” HaRin explained.

 

“So where’s Yunho oppa and YoungHee-ssi?” MinGi asked when she noticed their absence.

“They’ve got plans of their own,” Changmin answered.

 

“So I guess we’re the only ones partying tonight. Let’s go?” Jaejoong said.

 

“Uhh, you guys go ahead,” Yoochun spoke.

“Why?” they asked. “Did you forget something? We could wait for you,” they offered but Yoochun shook his head.

“You guys go; I’ll stay behind and accompany MinYoung instead,” he told them.

“Are you sure? Unnie could be resting or sleeping by now,” said AeRin.

“I’m sure. If she is then I’ll go to bed early as well,” he said. “At least one of us will be sober in the morning,” he added jokingly. His friends slightly slapped his arm.

 

“You guys take care. Don’t take your eyes off of our girls, alright?” Yoochun reminded them as they walked away. Jaejoong, Changmin and Junsu gave him thumbs up.

 

When his friends went out of the hotel, Yoochun ran to the elevator to go back to their suite. He changed his outfit into a shirt and cargo shorts.

 

Yoochun was about to leave the room when he heard water splashing from outside of the suite’s balcony. He took a glance at the pool and saw MinYoung at the end of the pool. He smiled upon seeing her and grabbed a towel, rushed outside to join her.

 

-

-

-

 

“A few more laps,” MinYoung mumbled.

 

MinYoung has been swimming for the past ten minutes. She started another few laps of continuous swimming. At the end of her last lap, MinYoung lifted her head up and gasped for air.

 

“I think you need this.”

 

Someone held up a towel in front of MinYoung’s face. When she looked up, she was surprised to see Yoochun there.

 

“Hey, what are you doing here?” she asked him. Yoochun’s smile turned into a frown.

“Why? You don’t want me here?” he asked with a hint of hurt in his voice.

 

“I don’t mean it like that, oppa. What I meant was why you didn’t join the others at the club?” she clarified in one breath. Yoochun chuckled at MinYoung’s panic state.

 

“I know that; I was just messing with you,” he lightly splashed her with water and MinYoung splashed back.

 

MinYoung pulled herself out of the pool to sit at the end of it with her legs dipped. Yoochun draped his towel over MinYoung’s shoulders.

 

“Thank you,” she said softly.

“No problem.” Yoochun sat closely beside MinYoung and dipped his legs into the pool, too.

 

“So, why didn’t you want to come with us?” Yoochun asked.

“It’s not that I didn’t want to join you guys. I’m just bothered with.. Some stuff,” MinYoung’s voice trailed off. “If I tagged along, I wouldn’t even have fun and I don’t want to bring the atmosphere down,” she finished.

 

“What are you bothered about?” he questioned. “If you don’t mind me asking,” he immediately added. MinYoung faced front and looked far.

 

“If what I’m seeing right in front of me is true.. And if it sees me, too,” she sighed heavily.

 

“What do you mean?” he asked, perplexed at her deep statement.

 

“We use our eyes to see things; wonderful, amazing, sometimes even bizarre yet beautiful things,” she started. Yoochun was gazing at her the entire time and noticed her let out a small smile before it disappeared. “But sometimes, we tend to look ahead that we never notice the things that are right in front of us,” she finished.

 

“Well, I’m looking at the smartest, most creative and talented, gorgeous, y as hell and the most beautiful girl, ever,” Yoochun said softly, looking at MinYoung with soft eyes. MinYoung blushed.

 

“Tss. Stop it, oppa,” MinYoung nervously chuckled, lightly smacking his thigh.

“It’s true,” he insisted, still looking at her.

 

“How I wish Yunho oppa could see what Yoochun oppa sees in me,” she sadly thought.

 

“But I’d rather have guys look pass you so no one would attempt to take you away from me,” he said, as if he has read MinYoung’s mind. “Unluckily, they see it all,” he frowned. They broke into light laughter.

 

“Can I ask you something, oppa?” she asked when they stopped laughing.

“What is it?” he waited. MinYoung became silent as she gathered the right words.

 

“When.. When you knew about my feelings.. For Yunho oppa, what.. How did you felt back then?” she asked cautiously. Yoochun lightly shook his shoulders as he remembered the past.

 

“I was hurting inside. Every day. I sound like overacting but it’s true,” he confessed. “It’s not easy to see the person you really love is in love with someone else,” he smirked.

 

“I know what you feel,” MinYoung wanted to say but she kept shut.

 

“Every time I see how close you are with hyung and how you guys look more like an old couple rather than just plain friends, I knew I had no chance at all,” he chuckled.

 

“Was I that obvious?” MinYoung winced.

“Really obvious.”

 

MinYoung covered her face in embarrassment. Yoochun laughed.

 

“That’s all gone now,” he assured her as he pried away her hands.

“But you were laughing at me~” she pouted.

“It was the past; forget about it. Plus, you were the one who brought it up on the first place,” he said. MinYoung put down her hands and avoided Yoochun’s stare.

 

“Why did you suddenly ask?” he questioned.

 

“’cause I think I feel the same way right now when I see Yunho oppa with YoungHee-ssi,” she wanted to say but she just shook her head and Yoochun let it go.

 

“Back when we were in high school, every day, I wished that I could be the guy who could give you what Yunho hyung couldn’t,” Yoochun stated. MinYoung slowly turned her head to look at him.

 

“And until now, I’m still wishing and hoping that I could still be that guy,” he finished.

 

“You’ve been doing that ever since,” she told him, sounding guilty.

“But it’s not yet the half of what I wanted to give you,” Yoochun cupped her face in his hands. “I want to take care of you, love you and be with you,” he said.

 

Yoochun softly caressed MinYoung’s cheeks with his thumbs and cradled her face in his hands. MinYoung felt herself weaken inside. Yoochun began to lean in and MinYoung remained still.

 

“I love you, MinYoung-ah. So much,” he said when their faces were centimeters apart.

 

Yoochun’s eyes shifted towards MinYoung’s lips. He then lightly planted his lips on hers, closing the small gap between them. MinYoung closed her eyes and let Yoochun kiss her.

 

~•♥•~