Kind of a Happy Ending ~

Dear Teacher

“What’s wrong with you Kim Sunggyu? What’s wrong with you!?” Woohyun shouted at his teacher, who gave him a blank look.


“Isn’t it enough, already?” Woohyun’s voice toned down as he brought the teacher’s hand, which he was having a tight grip on, to his chest.

“Woohyun?” Sunggyu called out his student’s name.

“Why must you keep doing things to hurt yourself? Why?” Woohyun told the teacher, his voice shaking.

Woohyun looked into his teacher’s eyes with such intensity, it scared Sunggyu. Woohyun brought a hand to Sunggyu’s forehead and touched it lightly.

Sunggyu flinched at the touch. That was when he realized that the fruits Mrs Lee threw at him before were causing him to have bruises all over his body.

‘So that was what Woohyun was talking about…’ Sunggyu realized that his student was actually concerned about him.

“We said it’s fine already. So why do you like to go do all these dumb things and get yourself hurt?” Woohyun chided the teacher lightly and he slowly rubbed Sunggyu’s bruise on his forehead.

From Woohyun’s gentle touch, Sunggyu could feel the sincerity of his student. Still, Sunggyu wasn’t convinced.

“Then, what do you want me to do?” Sunggyu asked.

“I can’t do anything for you guys! The two of you are suspended and the whole class is upset! And yet, I can’t even do anything as a teacher! I can’t even help you guys!” Sunggyu confessed his insecurity to Woohyun.

Woohyun pulled Sunggyu into a tight and warm embrace.

“You don’t have to do anything at all, Sunggyu. I’ll protect you,” Woohyun whispered into his teacher’s ears.

Sunggyu felt so secure and was touched by his student’s words.

“Woohyun. I don’t want history to repeat itself,” Sunggyu confessed.

“Hmmm?” Woohyun didn’t understand his teacher’s words.

“I don’t want Sungyeol to miss his chance again. I don’t want to be like Mr Park and pretend that nothing is wrong,” Sunggyu said to Woohyun.

“I want to help Sungyeol this time. I want to stand by 3D and Sungyeol, even if I couldn’t two years ago,” Sunggyu told Woohyun.

Woohyun watched Sunggyu’s determined and sincere eyes, before he sighed and pulled Sunggyu even closer to him.

“What should I do about you, you dumb hamster?” Woohyun said, with a smile on his face.

“My extremely dumb hamster,” Woohyun said again, causing a blush to rise up to Sunggyu’s face.

“Ya, Nam Woohyun, don’t go overboard!” Sunggyu struggled and scolded Woohyun but the student just pulled Sunggyu as close to him as possible, not allowing the teacher to struggle.

“Sungyeol and I, on that day…” Woohyun started and Sunggyu immediately stopped his struggles.

“We were at the construction site. Sungyeol’s family has been having some troubles with money. That’s why his mother went back to their hometown, trying to raise funds so that Sungyeol can continue with his studies. Sungyeol, started working about two weeks ago to lessen his mother’s burden, though he didn’t tell her,” Woohyun started telling everything to Sunggyu, who was shocked at this new revelation.

“Sungyeol didn’t tell any of us as he didn’t want to cause us worry. He didn’t want me to lend him money as well. It’s against the school rules to have any part time job especially late night ones. Sungyeol didn’t want to get caught, if not his mother would be really worried,” Woohyun continued.

“That’s why Sungyeol had been so tired these few days in the morning!” Sunggyu realized.

Woohyun ignored Sunggyu and continued telling his story, “That night, I went to look for Sungyeol and he told me everything. We couldn’t say the truth if not Sungyeol would be expelled.”

Sunggyu listened attentively and nodded.

“Thanks for telling me, Woohyun,” Sunggyu smiled at the student. “But I’ll pretend I didn’t hear any of that,” Sunggyu continued.

Woohyun gave Sunggyu a weird look.

“I too, want to trust you guys like the 3D students. Even without confirmation or proof, I want to be able to trust in everything you guys say,” Sunggyu explained.

“What are you planning to do now?” Woohyun asked.

Sunggyu gave a wry smile. “I don’t know whether it’ll help but I’m going to visit the places here on this list,” Sunggyu showed Woohyun the list.

Woohyun took it and examined it. “This is a list of parents,” Woohyun stated.

“Yeah, I’m going to try to convince them that you guys aren’t the culprits and plead with them to let you guys enter the tournament,” Sunggyu said.

“You honestly think they’ll believe you?  This group of parents has been against us 3D from the start,” Woohyun expressed his doubts.

“If I don’t try, I won’t know, right?” Sunggyu smiled at Woohyun before taking the list from him.

“Okay, first stop: Mrs Hwang!” Sunggyu started walking down the street.

Woohyun watched the teacher as he moved on. Woohyun smiled at the excited hamster.

Sunggyu walked and was alarmed when a red Ferrari drove up to him and horned at him.

Woohyun rolled down the car windows and smiled.

Sunggyu smiled back as he got onto the car.

~

When they got to the first house, Sunggyu and Woohyun were shocked to see someone already there.

“I’m really really sorry, but please believe me,” Sungyeol told the lady in the house as he bowed 90 degrees.

“Ahhh, go away already!” The lady told the student.

“Please, Mrs Hwang,” Sungyeol begged once again but the door was closed mercilessly on him.

“Sungyeol!” Sungyeol spun around to see who called his name. He was surprised to see his teacher and his friend.

“Teacher, Woohyun!” Sungyeol recognized the two.

“Guess you’re not the only one who thinks weirdly,” Woohyun told Sunggyu, who frowned at his student.

Sungyeol smiled at the two.

“Let’s do it together, Sungyeol. I’m sure it will work,” Sunggyu told his student and smiled at him.

Together, the three of them travelled from houses to houses. Even though they were chased out and were shouted at, they didn’t give up and continued trying to reach the hearts of the parents.

~

“It’s already been three days since we had been doing this, Woohyun,” Sungyeol told his friend.

“There’s only three days left to the tournament. What if we can’t make it?” Sungyeol became insecure.

“Sungyeol-ah, it’ll be fine,” Woohyun told his friend.

“Can the two of us really convince the parents?” Sungyeol asked his friend. “Teacher has to return to school to teach and everyone in 3D is working hard for the tournament. I’m really afraid we would disappoint them again,” Sungyeol told Woohyun.

“Sungyeol! Woohyun! Let’s go!” Sunggyu ran up to his two students and told them excitedly.

“Teacher!” Sungyeol was shocked to see Sunggyu.

“School’s over so quickly?” Woohyun asked.

“The guys have to practice and we have to hurry convince the parents!” Sunggyu told Woohyun.

“Let’s go let’s go!” Sunggyu exclaimed.

The three started from the first house in the East. They rang the doorbell and a lady came out of the house.

“Good afternoon, Mrs Geo, we’re here again,” Sunggyu smiled and waved at the lady.

The lady frowned and shouted at them, “Honestly how long are you guys going to keep this up for?”

“We’ll do it until you believe that my students are innocent,” Sunggyu told Mrs Geo.

“Go away already! Go!” Mrs Geo shouted before finally shutting the door on them.

Sungyeol winced at the loud sound of door slamming.

“Next house,” Sunggyu kept his smile and continued.

“I bet it was because of your creepy smile,” Woohyun joked with Sunggyu who fake-punched him.

The two walked ahead while Sungyeol had his head down and feet rooted to the ground.

“Teacher,” Sungyeol called out to Sunggyu.

Sunggyu and Woohyun turned back to face Sungyeol.

“I don’t think we should do this anymore,” Sungyeol said. “It’s not working!” Sungyeol gasped exasperatedly.

“What are you saying, Sungyeol? Our hard work is getting to them! Look, Mrs Geo didn’t even bring her dog out to chase us away today. She even talked to us for a few sentences,” Sunggyu smiled at the student.

Woohyun chuckled at Sunggyu’s naivety, earning him another fake-kick.

“I…I…” Sungyeol started.

“You can’t give up now, Sungyeol. Not when we’re behind you,” Woohyun smiled at his friend.

“Yeah Sungyeol!” Another voice was heard and somebody draped an arm over Sungyeol.

“Mir?!” Sungyeol got a shock when he saw his classmate.

“We are all behind you!” Dongwoon appeared from behind Mir.

“Gosh! What happened to after school practice?” Sunggyu was startled as he saw the students of 3D.

“If you guys don’t do well, we won’t even be able to enter. Who cares about practicing?” Myungsoo said as he squeezed in between Woohyun and Sunggyu.

“Gosh, Hyunnie, I can’t believe you didn’t tell me what you guys were doing!” Hoya pouted as he draped an arm around Woohyun.

Woohyun smiled at all of them.

“Guys, you…” Sungyeol was so shocked when he saw all his 3D classmates gathering all around them.

“We should do one thing after another. Convince the parents, get into the tournament. Then, practice,” Myungsoo said.

“Yeah, we should do it together! How can you guys do it without us?” Mir commented.

Sunggyu smiled as cheers of agreement rang out in the crowd.

‘This was 3D,’ Sunggyu thought to himself. ‘Only when they are united, will something come out of it.’

“Okay guys! Let’s do it!” Sunggyu shouted.

Together, they made a Fighting sign and moved on to the next house.

~

“Joon…” Mrs Lee whispered her son’s name as she his hair.

“Mdm, they’re here again,” Her servant informed Mrs Lee.

“Chase them away,” Mrs Lee said without hesitation.

“But they came in a larger group today. It’s impossible to chase all of them,” Her servant said.

“Those brats!” Mrs Lee gritted her teeth as she made her way to the front gate.

She was greeted by the whole class of 3D.

“Go away! I can sue you all for public disturbance and trespassing!” Mrs Lee shouted at them before any of them could say something.

“Auntie, please just listen to us for a while,” Sungyeol begged the lady, going immediately on his knees.

“Even if you hate me or anything, it’s fine. But it’s not the class’s fault at all,” Sungyeol continued.

“It’s not Sungyeol’s fault. We are innocent!” Woohyun said, going on his knees as well.

The students of 3D immediately followed Woohyun and went on their knees. “Please, Mrs Lee. Please believe Woohyun and Sungyeol,” The students of 3D pleaded with her.

“Shut up!” Mrs Lee screamed at high pitch voice, scaring everyone in 3D.

“You want to know who is innocent. My child is the most innocent! He had nothing to do with anything. He’s in coma now and the only thing you guys can say is for your whole group to enter a stupid tournament?” Mrs Lee cried in disbelief.

The students in 3D looked to the ground, feeling a little guilty after her words.

Sunggyu went up to Mrs Lee and offered her a tissue.

“Mrs Lee, I understand that you are upset and we are extremely sorry about Joon’s plight. But these guys here, are extremely sincere,” Sunggyu started.

“Joon is very lucky to have your trust as well as his teachers’ and all his peers’ trust. Joon has all your well wishes and therefore, I believe that they’ll wake up soon. However, these guys, have been in a coma for extremely long. They have been pushed and thrown away, beaten and insulted so much that they are unable to believe in anyone anymore. They live in their own world, their own coma, without anyone helping them to walk out of it,” Sunggyu told Mrs Lee.

The students of 3D listened attentively to Sunggyu’s words and all the memories of pain and hurt surfaced within them.

“Sungyeol has been in a coma since two years ago, hurt that nobody trusted him and indignant about his plight. This time, I want to bring Sungyeol out of his coma. I don’t want him to miss the chance anymore. I want to trust in him, and want everyone to trust in him and give him the opportunity he deserves,” Sunggyu said.

Mrs Lee looked to Sunggyu, then to Sungyeol, who was now crying.

“I’m sorry, son,” Mrs Lee went to Sungyeol and bent down so that she could see the kneeling kid’s face.

“I’m so sorry for doing that two years ago,” Mrs Lee apologized to Sungyeol.

“It’s okay, Auntie. I don’t blame you or Joon, I swear,” Sungyeol told the lady.

Sunggyu smiled at the scene, along with all the 3D students who wiped their tears away discretely.

Woohyun smiled at Sunggyu and winked when the teacher turned to look at him.

“Mrs Lee! Mrs Lee!” The servant went rushing to the female owner of the house.

“What’s wrong, Mr Gen?” Mrs Lee wiped her tears away with the tissue that Sunggyu gave and asked the servant.

“Young Master Joon has come around!” The servant broke the news to the excited mother as she dashed up the flight of stairs to Joon’s room.

“Joonie! Mr dear son,” Mrs Lee embraced the awakened Lee Joon.

“Mum, I heard from Mr Gen that Sungyeol’s here,” Joon said, his voice a bit hoarse.

“Yes, he’s here. I’ll get him to come and see you immediately,” Mrs Lee said quickly and singaled to the servant.

Sungyeol followed the servant up the flight of stairs to Joon’s room.

He felt extremely relieved to see his friend up from the coma.

“Before I was hit on the head, I thought of you,” Joon told Sungyeol. “And I wanted to apologize so much for two years ago. I…”

“Joonie, it’s fine,” Sungyeol smiled at his friend. “I’ve long forgiven you.”

Joon smiled back at his friend. He wondered how much he had waited to hear that line from Sungyeol. He couldn’t forgive himself for doing that to a best friend and couldn’t bear to even continue being friends with Sungyeol. All along, he felt so ashamed and now, finally, he was glad to get everything off his back.

“Joonie, the police will come get your statement later in the evening,” Mrs Lee told her son.

Joon nodded his head.

“Joon, do you know who attacked you?” Sunggyu asked. He had followed Sungyeol and the servant up to the room just in case.

Joon scratched his head and replied, “I’m not really sure but there were four men, one with long hair. It was dark but I don’t think that was our school’s uniform. It looked alike, but the uniform had a button on the sleeve. I pulled one out while struggling with one of them.”

Sunggyu heaved a sigh of relief after hearing that.

Mrs Lee went over to Sunggyu and apologized, “I’m sorry, Mr Kim, for shouting at you and the students.”

Sunggyu immediately shook his head.

“I will talk to the Principal and I’ll ensure that 3D and everyone will be able to enter the tournament,” Mrs Lee assured the teacher and Sungyeol.

Sungyeol, unable to contain his excitement, rushed to the front gate of the house and announced to his classmates, “We are going to be in the tournament!!!”

From upstairs, cheers and tumultuous applause could be heard.

“On behalf of my class, I would like to thank you Mrs Lee, and thank you so much, Joon,” Sunggyu bowed at the mother and son.

~

“Cheers!” the students of 3D along with Sunggyu did a celebration party after Sunggyu received a text message from Mr Park that 3D could enter the tournament again.

“Yes, we did it!” Mir shouted and did another toast.

“It’s all thanks to our teacher,” Sungyeol said. “Here’s a toast to you, Teacher,” Sungyeol made a toast to Sunggyu who accepted it.

“Really thank you so much teacher,” Dongwoon told Sunggyu, who shrugged it off.

“Without you guys, I’m sure Mrs Lee won’t have been convinced,” Sunggyu said humbly.

“Toast to Woohyun! For this wonderful place!” Mir announced another toast.

Woohyun picked up his drink and downed the soft drink. They weren’t allowed alcohol as they were minors.

“Let’s party all night!” Dongwoon added and burst the party poopers.

“Hey wait wait wait!” Sunggyu quickly said. “Until 10pm only! Everyone dismiss after that and go back home!”

“Ehhhhhh!” Everyone did booing sounds.

“No Boos! We have only two days to the tournament! If we want to win it, we have to start working hard!” Sunggyu shouted.

“Yeah!” 3D shouted unanimously and began to party like crazy.

Sunggyu went back to his seat and watch the 3D students party. He was surprised by how youngsters play now of these days.

Then, he scanned the café, only to realize that someone was missing. He got up and went to look for the student.

~

“So did you tell him about Sungyeol and his family?” Hoya joined his best friend outside of the cafe.

“Gosh, how did you know?” Woohyun chuckled as he took a sip of the champagne he managed to sneak out.

“I did my own research too, you know,” Hoya said.

“Yeah, I told him. I don’t know why but I just felt that I couldn’t not tell him,” Woohyun confessed.

Hoya chuckled when Woohyun said that. “Now you know how it feels like,” Hoya pat his friend on the back.

Then, he sensed somebody behind them and he smiled.

“Okay I’m going in now,” Hoya said loudly. Then, he whispered to Woohyun’s ears, “Have fun.”

Then, Hoya went back into the café, leaving Woohyun all alone outside drinking champagne with the stars.

“Want some?” Woohyun asked and he spun around to see Sunggyu staring at him.

Woohyun smiled as Sunggyu averted his eyes quickly.

“I was wondering why you weren’t inside,” Sunggyu confessed.

“I was waiting for you,” Woohyun smiled back at Sunggyu, causing the teacher to blush.

“I…” Sunggyu was about to say something when he was interrupted by Woohyun.

“Thank you,” Woohyun started, shocking Sunggyu.

“Thank you so much for today,” Woohyun finished his sentence.

Sunggyu smiled and replied, “It’s nothing. I just did…”

Woohyun interrupted the teacher once again. He moved closer to the teacher and smiled at him.

“And thank you so much, for appearing in my life,” Woohyun closed into the teacher and brought their faces closer, eyes not leaving each other.

“Thank you, for letting me find you,” Woohyun’s lips was extremely close to Sunggyu’s, such that the teacher could feel Woohyun’s hot breath on his nose.

“Kim Sung Gyu,” Sunggyu’s eyes closed when Woohyun said his name, slowly, syllabus by syllabus.

 

Author’s note: hahahaha gosh is anybody going to kill me if I ended like this? Lol honestly, I was supposed to end like this but then I thought, okay. Just let them kiss it’s no biggie right? So yeah, here’s your kiss scene below.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Woohyun…” Sunggyu spoke softly and then, he could feel Woohyun’s lips on his.

Woohyun’s soft gentle lips touched his own and Sunggyu felt Woohyun’s hand on the back of his head. Sunggyu’s hands automatically went to encircle Woohyun’s waist and the distance between the two became even closer.

It was a sweet and slow kiss, full of emotion and the caresses of Woohyun’s lips were much gentler than Sunggyu had ever expected. Sunggyu could taste the champagne on Woohyun’s tongue.

It was probably a short while, but Sunggyu felt his heart burst into fireworks.

When their lips finally parted, Sunggyu opened his eyes only to see Woohyun smiling at him.

Woohyun’s hand went to Sunggyu’s and intertwined their fingers together.

 Sunggyu smiled at Woohyun in sheer bliss.

 

 

Author's note: hehehehhe, now m i let off the hook? i solved everything! well kind of. totally shortened all my plans bc this is like my longest chap >< . didn't know it'll be that long. hahahaahha. n ppl hu wans happy ending can officially stop reading here. well, cause im gonna break by beloved woogyu!!! >< hahahha wait, not so soon but it'll be later. hmmmm after this chap, i'll finally start focusing on sunggyu n woohyun n the rest of 3D will be kind of calefare. >< hahaha cause i can't wait to end this fic! lol i wanna write a new one >< honestly. but nahh, i like this fic n am really grateful for all the support n love it's been getting! 110 subcribers! thank you so very much! ^^ hehehhe i dun even know wad to say but yeah, i wun b updating tmr i guess. gonna let u guys b happy until my next evil plan. muahahhahahahha. not sure when i can update but prob in 2/3 days time? will anybody b angry >< i hope not. heheehe once again, thanks for all the support n love n comments! i love u guys! ^^