Trouble once again >

Dear Teacher

 

“3D Fighting! Fighting Fighting!”

The shouts of class 3D echoed throughout the whole school. The students were all pumped up and starting their morning jog.

Though he had a weak physique, Sunggyu joined them for the first few rounds. He wanted to do this with his class. It was rare that the class was so united and excited; therefore, Sunggyu really wanted for 3D to win the tournament.

“Babo, you’re a teacher, why are you doing this with us?” Woohyun ran up to Sunggyu and started a conversation with him.

Sunggyu smiled when he saw Woohyun who returned the smile.

“I’m here to monitor you guys so you don’t slack! See, you’re starting to run slower!” Sunggyu told Woohyun and chided the student jokingly.

“You can’t even catch up to me, Gee Gee,” Woohyun chuckled as he started picking up pace, taunting his teacher.

Sunggyu pouted at the nickname. “Just you wait, Nam Woohyun!” Sunggyu dashed to catch up with Woohyun.

Hoya watched the two childish people play catch during the jog and smiled. It seemed everything worked out yesterday. Hoya turned and saw Myungsoo, who was also watching the two people. Myungsoo didn’t appear happy at all.

Sunggyu continued chasing Woohyun when he saw somebody lying on the bench nearby.

“What’s wrong?” Woohyun asked behind Sunggyu and followed his teacher’s gaze to Sungyeol, who was sleeping on the bench.

“Maybe I shouldn’t have disturbed his rest yesterday,” Sunggyu sighed.

“That’s a bit late to be saying that right? Don’t worry, he’ll be fine. Sungyeol is not a hyper choding for nothing,” Woohyun told his teacher.

Sunggyu smiled back at Woohyun and was extremely pleased with the relationship between the two now.

“Hah, Nam Woohyun, I got you, loser,” Sunggyu draped his arm over Woohyun and tightened the grasp on Woohyun, who struggled against the teacher.

~

Sunggyu sank into his chair in the office.

“Gyu Gee Gee, well done for your morning exercise today,” Dongwoo went to Sunggyu and told his friend.

“Yeah, the other classes should also learn from your class’s enthusiasm,” Sena brought Sunggyu a coffee and placed it on his desk.

“Thanks Sena-ssi. We’re really planning to win this!” Sunggyu exclaimed.

“3D is really taking this seriously aren’t they, Mr Kim,” Mr Park went over and said insincerely.

“Of course, Mr Park. We don’t plan on getting stepped on,” Sunggyu said, his tone going low.

Ever since he learnt of the incident from Sungyeol, Sunggyu had been a little cold to Mr Park. He could not tolerate the way the Head Teacher treats his student and he’ll help his student get back at him.

“Well then, good luck. I hope that you will be able to make it safely to the tournament,” Mr Park commented as he left.

“What did he mean by that?” Sunggyu asked the two other teachers.

“Well, the 3D students are known to be trouble makers so I guess he’s hoping that no trouble will happen before the tournament?” Dongwoo inferred.

“Hmph! I’ll show him what 3D is made of!” Sunggyu made up his mind.

~

“Whoohoo!” Sunggyu cheered as Sungyeol did a layup and the ball went sweetly into the hoop.

The students of 3D turned to stare at their overly excited teacher.

Sunggyu watched intently as Sungyeol taught Mir how to do a layup while the other students were doing passes and practicing dribbling.

Sunggyu was glad that everyone was doing their best and working hard for this tournament.

On the court, Sunggyu watched as Woohyun dribbled the ball and did a three-pointer.

Sunggyu’s mouth opened and his lower jaw almost went a feet lower. He was extremely shocked. Did Nam Woohyun have something he’s not good at?

Woohyun turned to Sunggyu and gave the teacher a wink when he saw the teacher’s surprised reaction.

Sunggyu blushed after Woohyun did that and immediately averted his eyes from the court. That was when he caught sight of someone familiar.

“Heechul!” Sunggyu called out to the 2nd year student, who was walking up to the basketball court.

“Wow, teacher. I’m surprised,” Heechul commented as he watched the 3D students so focused.

“I know right? They are surely kids who can do well once they set their hearts to it,” Sunggyu replied with a smile.

“Is that Sungyeol-sunbae? Gosh, his form is still so nice and pretty,” Heechul’s eyes were full of admiration.

Sunggyu chuckled at Heechul’s comment.

“It’ll be hard to win you guys. I’m glad I’m not a third year,” Heechul told Sunggyu.

“You think we have a chance of winning?” Sunggyu’s eyes lit up when he heard Heechul.

“If you keep this up, you might even make it to the finals,” Heechul replied honestly.

Sunggyu couldn’t stop beaming after hearing that.

“But be careful to stay out of trouble. It’s only a week from now,” Heechul said.

“Thank you so much, Heechul!” In his happiness, Sunggyu went forward to hug Heechul, who blushed immediately.

“What the hell?” Heechul almost shouted.

However, Sunggyu took no notice of his student’s blush or shout and continued observing the 3D students.

A student in the basketball court had not taken his stare away from Heechul and Sunggyu. He saw the hug between the two clearly.

“Joon-sunbaenim…” Heechul’s voice caused Sunggyu to jolt up and turn around only to see the captain of the basketball team at the entrance of the indoor sports hall.

Lee Joon stared straight at Sungyeol who was performing yet another layup perfectly. He noticed that Sunggyu was staring at him and he immediately bowed his head and left the indoor sports hall.

Sunggyu turned back to Sungyeol. Somehow, he felt that Joon and Sungyeol didn’t hate each other.

“Hmmm, they would have made such a great team together,” Heechul commented, as if reading the thoughts of Sunggyu.

“I agree,” Sunggyu immediately nodded his head.

“I heard that they used to be great buddies, but now they act like strangers,” Heechul told Sunggyu, who was startled.

He sighed. Sunggyu felt extremely disappointed that the tournament had separated two good friends.

~

“Alright! I’m so touched by all your efforts today! Everyone take a good rest today and come early tomorrow,” Sunggyu announced before dismissing the students.

Sungyeol was the first to pick up his bags and was about to leave when he was stopped by Sunggyu.

“Well done, Sungyeol. With you, I’m sure we’re going to win,” Sunggyu told Sungyeol.

Sungyeol smiled and replied, “Of course, teacher! By hook or crook, I assure you that 3D will win!”

With that, Sungyeol turned to leave hurriedly.

Myungsoo was about to stop Sungyeol, but was in turn, stopped by Woohyun.

“It’s fine, Myungsoo. Sungyeol said he’ll be fine, didn’t he?” Woohyun told his friend, who was still a little skeptical.

“Good work today, teacher,” Woohyun smiled at Sunggyu.

“You too. You are not bad,” Sunggyu tried to appear indifferent.

Woohyun chuckled after hearing that.

“Let’s go Myungsoo, I’ll get you coffee,” Woohyun dragged Myungsoo out of school after winking at Sunggyu one last time.

~

Soon, the sun disappeared behind the horizons and the moon took its place in the starry nights.

After late night practice, Lee Joon walked home from the school.

On his way, he passed by a quiet and desolated park.

Suddenly, he was ambushed by a bunch of students, masked and armed with iron pipes.

“What do you want?” Joon shouted as the group of 4 surrounded him.

“We want you out of the tournament, Lee Joon,” One of them said.

“Are you guys from 3D?” Joon asked.

The masked men didn’t reply and just attacked Joon. Joon tried to escape, attacking the tallest one. He grabbed the guy’s hair and pushed him away before dashing out of the park, screaming as he did.

He didn’t go far before he felt something hit him hard on the head. Joon collapsed, unconscious.

The masked men were about to close onto Joon when they heard a voice. “Look, police! It was around here where I heard the scream.”

The leader made a signal and the masked men retreated quickly, leaving Joon on the ground, bleeding from his head.

~

The next day, Sunggyu got a call, causing him to wake up immediately after hearing the news.

He dashed to school at lightning speed.

When he reached, he was surprised to see police already at the school. Sunggyu went to the office as told previously on the phone.

Sunggyu arrived at the office, panting and sweating profusely. He was shocked to see Woohyun and Sungyeol and the police, who was just about to handcuff his two students.

“Mr Kim, I’m glad you’re here,” Mr Park went forward to the new teacher.

“What’s going on here?” Sunggyu asked immediately.

“Last night, Lee Joon, the captain of the basketball team was assaulted. Now, he’s still in coma in hospital,” Mr Park explained.

“I’m Yang Myung, the officer in charge of the case. According to our eye witness, he heard a scream as well as Lee Joon-ssi shouting 3D,” The police officer showed Sunggyu his ID and took over in explaining.

“Are you saying that my students attacked Lee Joon?” Sunggyu repeated. “That’s impossible!” Sunggyu insisted.

“Well, we asked all the students in 3D. Everyone had a credible alibi except for this two,” Officer Yang ignored Sunggyu and continued.

He pointed to Woohyun and Sungyeol who stood rooted to the ground.

“We didn’t do it,” Sungyeol told Sunggyu, his eyes pleading.

“Then why can’t you tell us what were you doing yesterday night at 10pm?” Officer Yang asked strictly, not allowing Sunggyu to speak to his student.

“I… We…” Sungyeol couldn’t answer the officer’s question.

“Woohyun, were you with Sungyeol?” Sunggyu asked, his voice tainted with concern.

“Yeah, we were together,” Woohyun answered.

The Officer immediately began taking notes, causing Woohyun to frown.

“Can’t you tell me what you guys were doing yesterday?” Sunggyu asked.

Woohyun turned to look at Sungyeol, who was sweating profusely.

“We didn’t do it,” Woohyun told Sunggyu with sincere eyes.

Sunggyu knew from the start that the two didn’t do it, but he didn’t understand why the two won’t say where they were last night.

“They didn’t do it, Officer. I’m sure they didn’t. Can’t you check again?” Sunggyu pleaded with the Officer who laughed.

“You believe what these delinquents say? 10pm is way too late for students and if they really aren’t involved with this incident, I’m sure they are in smoking or drugs dealing,” Yang Officer chuckled.

Sunggyu gritted his teeth and clenched his fist when he heard that.

“You!” Sungyeol shouted at the Officer and Woohyun had to hold him back.

“What? Are you going to hit me and knock me unconscious like what you did to Lee Joon?” The Officer mocked Sung.yeol.

“Officer!” Sunggyu grabbed the Officer by the collar and pushed the guy up on the wall. Woohyun, Sungyeol, Mr Park and even the Officer, was shocked by the new teacher’s sudden aggressiveness.

“You don’t even have proof! So stop treating these guys like criminals!” Sunggyu shouted at the Officer, enduring so that he would not punch the police.

“Sunggyu,” Woohyun had to pull the teacher back and calm him down before Sunggyu finally let go off the Officer’s collar.

“Gosh! The class and the teacher are screwed up,” The Officer shouted at Sunggyu.

Sunggyu glared at Yang Officer who stared back.

A suited man entered the office and said, “Excuse me, sirs. I am Nam Woohyun-ssi’s lawyer, this is my name card.”

The Officer took the name card and nodded.

“According to what I have heard, the evidence is hardly credible as it was dark at night and the eye witness is an elderly with hearing problems. As such, I believe I have full rights to bring my client and his friend back,” The lawyer said calmly, keeping a cool smile.

The Officer snorted before saying, “Come back to the police station and sort out the documents with me.”

With that, the police officer left with Woohyun’s lawyer. As he left, the Officer told Sunggyu, “You watch out. These students are a walking time bomb.”

Sunggyu was once again restrained by Woohyun from punching the Officer.

“Gosh! Where do you find such a terrible police officer?” Sunggyu gasped in exasperation as the Officer was out of sight and Woohyun released him.

“Mr Kim, Woohyun-ssi and Sungyeol-ssi, please come into my office,” The Principal said to the three people.

~

“3D will be prohibited from entering the basketball tournament and Sungyeol-ssi and Woohyun-ssi will be suspended for a week for being involved in the whole incident,” The Principal announced.

“But why, Principal? The police just said it had nothing to do with them! How can you just suspend them like this?” Sunggyu couldn’t understand and exclaimed.

“Mr Kim,” Mr Park reminded Sunggyu that he was talking to the Principal.

Sunggyu immediately softened his tone after hearing Mr Park.

“Lee Joon-ssi’s family is very upset and the parents are also extremely mad after hearing this. And also, these two students are unable to produce a convincing answer. Hence, we believe that this will be the best decision,” The Principal explained.

“That’s…” Sunggyu tried to rebut but he couldn’t.

“Principal, would you please allow 3D to enter the tournament?” Sungyeol made a sudden request, shocking the Principal and Sunggyu.

“Our classmates weren’t involved in this at all. You can suspend me for as long as you want but please, they worked really hard for this. So would you please allow 3D to enter the tournament?” Sungyeol went on his knees and begged the Principal.

“I agree. We won’t participate and will stay under suspension. So please let 3D enter. They are innocent,” Woohyun also followed suit and pleaded with the Principal.

“Woohyun!” Sungyeol was shocked when Woohyun kneeled and begged with him.

Sunggyu didn’t know how to react to his two students’ action.

“Give me some time to consider. And your suspension will start officially from today. Please return,” The Principal told the two students.

Sungyeol and Woohyun left the room reluctantly.

“Don’t worry guys. I’ll make sure to find out what’s going on and ensure that you two will be able to return and join the tournament!” Sunggyu told his two students the minute they stepped out of the office.

“Teacher, thank you so much for everything but I rather you don’t bother,” Sungyeol said.

“Please spend more time helping 3D to win. They must win! It was my fault in the first place, so I’ll accept the suspension,” Sungyeol continued.

Sunggyu seemed shocked at Sungyeol’s words.

“Sungyeol…” Sunggyu started but was interrupted by Sungyeol.

“Come on, Woohyun. Let’s go get our stuff in the classroom,” Sungyeol told his friend and walked past his teacher to the classroom.

Woohyun took one last look at the teacher before following Sungyeol to the classroom.

 

 

Author's note: okay, u guys can officially kill me. hahahaha. erm, the mystery will b solved in the next chappie n it'll be nice n sweet with woogyu moments!! ^^ hahahahha n poor joonie is in coma >< sorry joonie! but but he'll wake up soon n everything will be kind of fine? hahhahaha im glad everyone liked the woogyu moments in the previous chap :D hehehe thanks for all the comments!!! ohhh n i reached 100!! yay!!! wow thanks. totally did not expect it! ^^ im happy n motivated! i'll try to close this Sungyeol n basketball part of the story hopefully in two more chaps! thank you thank you so much for everything! im soooo motivated by all ur nice n sweet comments! thank you thank you ^^